Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Still hung-up on the 65-yard FG attempt...
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:17 pm 
NET Veteran

joeseahawks wrote:
I hate to say this, but I think Longwell is actually the guy who cost us the game.

meh, smite the Gods they will smite you back 10 fold

NOT having longwell kick the 2 3s in the first half were the real mistakes, payback, karma whatever, it was a poor decision to not kick the 3 and maybe one that will haunt PC the rest of his life, especially if he never gets to the bowl game...

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:36 am 
NET Starter

Well, some kid at my old high school here in Spokane made a 67 yard field goal.

If some 17 year old kid can make a 67 yard field goal, why can't a 38 year old make a 65 yarder?

Well, it's all in the past now. We already had one hail mary this season, I suppose that was enough

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:40 am 
NET Pro Bowler

Jerhawk wrote:

If some 17 year old kid can make a 67 yard field goal, why can't a 38 year old make a 65 yarder?

Well, it's all in the past now. We already had one hail mary this season, I suppose that was enough

That 17 year old kid didn't have an entire line of 6' 4" 250 pound men who are some of the best athletes in the country jumping up to try and block the kick.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:11 pm 
NET Rookie

Zowert wrote:
They attempted one pass play before the hail mary. They should have went for one large gain, called a timeout then kicked a field goal.

It took them 4 seconds to get what 5-8 yards on the first pass play. You think they had time for another 15 yards? NO WAY

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:35 pm 
NET Ring Of Honor

Holy shit man, why is this still being discussed.. Does the term move along mean anything?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:56 pm 
NET Veteran

Jerhawk wrote:

become his friend

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:20 pm 
NET Rookie

Jerhawk wrote:

The kid in your highschool used a tee. Not to mention the fact that he didn't have to kick over a NFL size defensive line.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:04 pm 
NET Veteran

olyfan63 wrote:
Greg Zeurlein of the Rams I'd let try the 65-yarder, but nobody else in the league would even be close.
It could have been interesting to line up like attempting a FG but then throw the Hail Mary. Except I think Jon Ryan is the holder. So there's the case for signing Tebow, right there. Line up for the FG, Tebow as the holder, either throw the Hail Mary to Tate/Rice for the win, or run it in himself, or maybe a throw to Tate on the left, then a 31-home-run-throwback to Tebow on the right. Actually make that first throw to Rice. And there's always the hook and ladder play back to the QB. (Remember the Dolphins hook-and-ladder that beat the Steelers?)

I'd let Janikowski try it, he might have the strongest leg in the league. The Raiders even tried a 76 yarder, into the wind, with him a few years ago. He only kicked it to the 1 or 2 yard line, but that's still pretty good. Other than that, yeah. 65 yard FGs are something you only try if the conditions are all in your favor, and even then, its iffy.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:21 am 
NET Starter

mikeak wrote:
Jerhawk wrote:

become his friend

Ok, i'll do that thanks for posting your expert opinion

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:53 pm 
NET Veteran

Someone mentioned being in a dome would have extended his range. Domes only help with directional kicks, not with the distance.

Longwell played in Minnesota several years, and his career long was still only 55.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]