Today You Are...

The Mood that Most Describes Me Today Is...

• Depressed

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • A little sad but excited for our future

Votes: 96 56.5%
  • Proud

Votes: 29 17.1%
  • Happy

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Upset

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other (read my comment)

Votes: 8 4.7%

• Total voters

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I really like where this team is headed, but man did I want that comeback win yesterday.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
As depressed as I've been since the Super Bowl loss since 2005. I've handled Seahawks losses better over the years, but today I feel a pit in my stomach worse than if a close girlfriend had broke up with me. I'm hoping noone at work says a word to me today.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":f2ykjz9z said:
Nothing but proud. I refuse to embrace the maddening "what ifs". It was an amazing comeback.

You have to build through adversity, just like we did on the way to our dream 2005 season. Hats off to Atlanta for shedding the disappointments of playoffs past. We need to do the same next season. That Falcons offense showed some grit pulling it out at the end.

I hope the team uses this as fuel to earn HFA next season, that is the KEY!

I'm with you here. I don't at all dwell on the "what ifs" and prefer to relish what I can from the season. In this case, I can relish a whole hell of a lot because we now have what I feel to be clearly one of the five best quarterbacks in football (and he is going to improve from here), a dominant defense which will benefit from improved pass rush, and still the best secondary in all of football (even though they sorta got schooled yesterday).

Lots to look forward to next year.

The Radish

Reaction score
Relief!

Boy what a roller coaster ride that was. Wish it could have been 2 games longer tho.

For me when the Seahawks are done for the season so am I. I am a Seahawks fan not an NFL fan. Won't watch another game this year, especially the SB. I've watched one in the last 20 years and i'll wager you know which that was. Couldn't care less about who wins what next. They all have to be substandard cause the Hawks won't be playing in them so why watch?

Up to about 20 I knew the winners and most of the scores of all of them but got tired of the NFLs & players attitudes.

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
For many teams, losing a game like that in the divisional round can be crushing because they don't get to that point until they have reached their limited "window of opportunity". For the Seahawks, no one really expected us to be THIS good when the season started, and the valiant comeback showed us that we DEFINITELY not only belonged there, but we were capable of so much more.

I think I would be more depressed if we had laid an egg after being down 20 points at halftime. Our team earned some MAJOR respect nationally with that second half effort, so as bummed as I am about the outcome yesterday I'm already stoked about our window of opportunity being ahead of us instead of behind us.

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
A little sad but excited for our future and Damn Proud of our team.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Feel sick with "what-ifs" playing over and over in my head.

But also proud that the Hawks never quit, mounted a comeback, and earned the respect of the NFL. Happy they never lost by more than 1 score this year, but also frustrated that they only lost by 1 score in all their losses this year. So close!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
All of the above. We have found our stud QB, I have confidence in Schneider and Pete to fill the holes on this team thru the draft/trades/FA, and it looks like one of our glaring weeknesses will be gone (Bradley).

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Happy.

Now, the loss sucked. We had them reeling, and we let it go. It took me all of 10 minutes to get over it and reflect upon this season. This was the most exciting 'Hawks team I've ever seen. Yes, even moreso than 2005. I feel like we just won the Super Bowl, rather than narrowly lost a Divisional round game. I can't imagine how I'll deal with an actual (and inevitable) SB victory.

I thought we had an excellent season with a less-than-stellar team. Think about that. For all our deficiencies, for all the perceived holes in our roster, we had the #1 scoring defense in the league and one of the most dangerous offenses in the game. We have our franchise QB. We have a dominant running game. We are young and hungry. One of the three best seasons in the franchises history, and we can only get better through continuity, experience, and a few low budget, unsexy, seemingly insignificant roster moves that will trigger an unprecedented trajectory toward the promised land. We can lament missed opportunities and where we failed this season, but I think of how scary we will be going forward. No longer will Russell be benefiting from Lynch - the running game instead will explode as defenses try to contain Wilson. We will target additional weapons for the new face of the franchise, shore up the pass rushing woes, and lower ticket prices while solving world hunger. Great things are on the horizon. I can't be anything but happy right now. Love is a battlefield.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Aros":32rf3len said:
Fill in the blank...
Funny, a little sadness, but really, since about an hour after the game, the frustration of losing the game was replaced by such an incredible feeling of peace about the future of this team/franchise.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2yd1kuml said:
Aros":2yd1kuml said:
Fill in the blank...
Funny, a little sadness, but really, since about an hour after the game, the frustration of losing the game was replaced by such an incredible feeling of peace about the future of this team/franchise.

Well said.

drdiags

Reaction score
Troll alert. Butt hurt Patriots fan wanting to take a shot at a hurting fan base because somebody "disinfected" his glamor boy QB.

I am proud of the team and glad to see them get a taste of what it is like to play in the playoffs. They were 1-1 on the road, so that shouldn't be a concern. Good job and see them next season!

Riley12

Reaction score
The Radish":vu4e28h9 said:
Relief!

Boy what a roller coaster ride that was. Wish it could have been 2 games longer tho.

For me when the Seahawks are done for the season so am I. I am a Seahawks fan not an NFL fan. Won't watch another game this year, especially the SB. I've watched one in the last 20 years and i'll wager you know which that was. Couldn't care less about who wins what next. They all have to be substandard cause the Hawks won't be playing in them so why watch?

Up to about 20 I knew the winners and most of the scores of all of them but got tired of the NFLs & players attitudes.

The only word I'd change it that post is "Relief" to "Depressed". The rest is me to a "t".

I haven't felt so bad after a loss since the Rams beat us for the third time in the '04 season. When Engram dropped
that TD toss, my brain caved in as Hasselbeck was crumpling to the turf. The Seahawks were stupid enough to include
a photo of him that way in a Memory/Year That Was book sent out to season ticket holders. All that did was
make me well up with tears and toss the thing in the trash. My daughter dug it out for me because she
anticipated, correctly, that the following year was going to be even bigger.