Wilson can't even get a raise ?

zayden185

Reaction score
i was wondering about browner, and with the bargaining agreement

where does shermann fit in..were we locked out when the draft happened or after the CBA

i just confused myself....Does Sherman fit in that criteria as well?

CPHawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":2a4wjwhh said:
pehawk":2a4wjwhh said:
CPHawk":2a4wjwhh said:
The guy already makes 3-6x what most people make, why would we pay for anything for him? I pay for his salary when I buy tickets and buy Seahawk gear. It's not like he's hurting at 350k a year plus bonus for playoff's and other things.

The dumbest arguement, ever.
Yeah, no doubt. Okay, just watch him leave when his conrtact is up for whoever is the highest bidder. I mean, if it's only about the money right..?

I've never heard him complain about money. For those forgetting, Allen is by far the richest owner in the NFL, and is willing to open up his wallet for players he wants. We won't get outbid for guys like Sherm and Russ.

OP
OP
Okungfu

Okungfu

Reaction score
Luck 4 years 24 million 14 million dollar signing bonus

RG3 4 years 21 million 14 million dollar signing bonus

Russell Wilson 4 years $ 390,000

I just think its funny that's all

Axx

Reaction score
RG3 cant jump over hurdles in subway commercials anymore, perhaps Russel will get the Subway endorsement instead?

ensett

Reaction score
He makes more than enough money, I dont feel bad for him. It isnt a gold digging contest, I dont care if he makes 5 million less than another player. He should be paying me, he doesnt have this job without fans in the world to create the opportunity.

pehawk

Reaction score
ensett":2tcpifb0 said:
He makes more than enough money, I dont feel bad for him. It isnt a gold digging contest, I dont care if he makes 5 million less than another player. He should be paying me, he doesnt have this job without fans in the world to create the opportunity.

You'd be the first person whining if your peers made 10x what you were making, in same profession. Your posts reeks of jealousy "I don't make that much money, so no one should".

Gain perspective or talent and you'll see this differently.

12evanf

Reaction score
If Russ got more money he'd probably just donate it to the research that cures cancer or something.

ensett

Reaction score
If I was whining despite making more than most people on the planet, Id be a worthless person.

pehawk

Reaction score
ensett":34yz7wwq said:
If I was whining despite making more than most people on the planet, Id be a worthless person.

Not the point. Point is ones market value. I'm not sure why, but ill never care what anyone gets or tries to get financially.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Allen can just drop a few of his CEO buddies a note on who to get to do their commercials for now, and when the CBA allows, crack open the piggy bank.

As far as any of you dipsticks who fall back on how what he makes is a lot more than the average person, this is a guy who is creating a massive revenue stream for the Hawks with his talents. Millions of dollars are being made in TV ratings, jersey sales, etc, and if you don't think he deserves a chunk of that revenue because your sorry ass isn't rolling bank, you are a hateful turd.

The Redskins/Hawks tilt had a TV rating of 24, 7 points higher than any other game on the weekend. He had something to do with that. Russell is must see TV, and those 7 points were worth tens of millions in ad revenue. Rules are rules, and he can't get more money from the Hawks until the time has gone by, but Nike, Russell, Wilson, Cadillac, Yugo, and every other company in the world should be getting a little prod from ownership to bankroll this fella on the next ad campaign. He plays a violent game, and you never know what the future holds, so get him his chunk of the pie he is helping make right now.

razor150

Reaction score
Wilson makes good despite how you all consider it below market value. It isn't as if before the new CBA GM's were renegotiating contracts after the first year because the didn't. Saying a guy who makes great money should be getting free stuff around town because he throws a football well is frankly silly.

CPHawk

Reaction score
How much did Levi's pay him. This guy will make a few mill next year without his checks from the hawks, don't cry to much for him. Any company would be happy to have him as their spokesman. I bet if he makes the super bowl he will have so many deals he will be up at 5 mill a year just off of those.

madbohem

Reaction score
NFL Contracts do not limit a players earning potential.

Would I give the guy a free service if he called, sure. And I would try to exploit it for what its worth to me same as anyone in business. And if I had the money as a top CEO of a top company, I would love to do all I could as his fan to make sure his NFL contract didn't make him feel unwanted.

I admire Wilson less for football and more for his work ethic then anything else this kid does. It inspires me at almost twice his age because I have my own factors to overcome. His cliches are not cliches when put into the moment from his perspective. They are mantras that keep the perspective and sure they can sound corny and all that, but in order to be so calm under pressure it takes training your mind to look past how you feel and circumstances and gaining the perspective.

But for all that, I got to say that my business partners and others I end up working with are my heroes too. When someone doesn't have quit in themselves and overcomes mistakes and you can count on them to do better the second time around, that is always going to be valuable. The only limits anyone has are the limits they are going to settle for and believe. Wilson personifies this and I am sure he understands its this, no matter how much talent he has, that will bring into reality everything he puts on his list to accomplish and gain.

Bipolar

Reaction score
just from the sheer fact that Russell Wilson doesn't disappear from ESPN front pages and is quickly turning into a household name for mainstream America, you can all rest assured that he is pretty much all set for the rest of his life. he probably made more money from all the endorcements / commercials this year than most of us make with 10 years of hard labor and sleepless nights.

now it is just a matter of figuring out if he is going to bath in luxury until his death and / or if same would be true for his children and his children's children.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
12evanf":3o6zq00e said:
If Russ got more money he'd probably just donate it to the research that cures cancer or something.

I never got the impression he isn't a guy who likes nice things..

kidhawk

Reaction score
It's funny how they throw out the base salary but don't mention his signing bonus of over $600k which puts his total money paid to him this season at over $1 million. Sure he's a great value, but this is how the cap is designed, and the guy isn't going to go broke with his Million dollars this year, and another Million dollars plus over the next two seasons, not including any endorsements.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
CANHawk":2hkowhbj said:
pehawk":2hkowhbj said:
CPHawk":2hkowhbj said:
The guy already makes 3-6x what most people make, why would we pay for anything for him? I pay for his salary when I buy tickets and buy Seahawk gear. It's not like he's hurting at 350k a year plus bonus for playoff's and other things.

The dumbest arguement, ever.
Yeah, no doubt. Okay, just watch him leave when his conrtact is up for whoever is the highest bidder. I mean, if it's only about the money right..?

1. I doubt the Seahawks are stupid and will reward him big time when it's time for his next contract
2. Even if they are having trouble coming to a deal, I think he would be franchised. I see no way if he keeps this up that he's not a Hawk.

mikeak

Reaction score
Okungfu":j708ke04 said:
Luck 4 years 24 million 14 million dollar signing bonus

RG3 4 years 21 million 14 million dollar signing bonus

Russell Wilson 4 years $ 390,000

I just think its funny that's all

It is also funny to compare 4 year contracts of Luck and RG3 with the pure salary for one year for RW

RW's contract is $2.99million

Separately for those saying Allen won't be outbid. It isn't about spending the most. The issue is the CAP

Latest posts