Falcons 28 Seahawks 17

OkieHawk

Reaction score
If we keep Irvin in then Ryan will be hosed. With the blitz's we pulled off against the Foreskins with Griffin out it won't be pretty for Atlanta. It will be another close game by I think we have the advantage. Plus, I have a good friend who is an Atlanta fan, and he is terrified of their chances against us.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Seahawks got the nerves over with in this game. Falcons are in for a surprise.

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
Torris":2tta62rp said:
When it comes down to it, I think Mike Nolan will come up with a scheme that forces Wilson into a few rookie mistakes
This is not exactly original material. I think something similar's been said by a fan from every team we've played this year. It hasn't happened yet, and I see nothing magical about Atlanta to suggest that's going to change next week. In fact, it kinda feels like you're whistling in the dark...

drastik

Reaction score
Storts":256n71uy said:
Wilson doesn't make rookie mistakes
To be fair, Wilson made a few "rookie" mistakes during tonights game. Throwing a potential interception that Baldwin (or maybe Tate?) had to come back and knock down comes to mind immediately.

The Seahawks were just the better team.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I can't wait to see Sherman vs. Julio Jones. I seriously CAN NOT wait.

I think this will be an awesome game, but unless Jaquizz or Turner have big games Seattle's going to win. You can't pass on Seattle's D like you can the NFC south.

OP
OP
Torris

Torris

Reaction score
gtcotcakya":2jvlen1u said:
Torris":2jvlen1u said:
When it comes down to it, I think Mike Nolan will come up with a scheme that forces Wilson into a few rookie mistakes
This is not exactly original material. I think something similar's been said by a fan from every team we've played this year. It hasn't happened yet, and I see nothing magical about Atlanta to suggest that's going to change next week. In fact, it kinda feels like you're whistling in the dark...

Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Eli Mannings vs Mike Nolan's Schemes:

1 TD, 10 INTs...

It's original because no other fanbase can say their defense stifled 3 SB Champions to that level.

OP
OP
Torris

Torris

Reaction score
SonicHawk":o022hwp7 said:
I can't wait to see Sherman vs. Julio Jones. I seriously CAN NOT wait.

I think this will be an awesome game, but unless Jaquizz or Turner have big games Seattle's going to win. You can't pass on Seattle's D like you can the NFC south.

They don't need to have big games, trust me. Our screen game is our run game.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
This is the same team which got dominated by tampa bay 2 weeks ago, right?

Also, the Falcons should hire Bobby Knight. Not that they need help with choking.

OP
OP
Torris

Torris

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":35xmm3s4 said:
This is the same team which got dominated by tampa bay 2 weeks ago, right?

Also, the Falcons should hire Bobby Knight. Not that they need help with choking.

Again, the Falcons weren't playing for anything in that game. They came in with a vanilla gameplan, hoping TB would hurt themselves and give us the win. This is the same team that blanked the defending SB Champs after they just dropped 50 points the week before.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
hawk45":235unvua said:
He's got a point about Browner though. Browner and Trufant worry the hell out of me. Here's hoping Browner shakes the rust off.

I used to be worried about Browner, but even in his rusty state the dude gets inside the heads of receivers by mangling them (legal or otherwise) and throws them off their games. If Sherman and Browner play the press as well as they have when they're on, Ryan's going to have a lot of disrupted timing. I see what Browner gets away with and I'm pretty amazed the refs don't call him a lot more.

chris98251

Reaction score
So how many times have you guys faced the read option this year?

Screen passes all day I smell Pic 6 for Sherman.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Untill you win a playoff game your still soft !

CPHawk

Reaction score
I give up, we are screwed. Mike Nolan, yes the same one we use to use and abuse when he was in SF, will find a way to stop us.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Something that's becoming a tradition: your team ducking sick in the playoffs.

Your confidence astounds me.

ensett

Reaction score
Meh, Falcons have one of the worst run games in the league. Can't be one dimensional against powerful, mouth punching defenses. Patriots have a much better run game and arguably a better pass game and they weren't a problem.

Seeker

Reaction score
Did you....not just watch that game?

we gave them a 14 point head start on an intentionally poorly maintained field.

and we still won.

that atlanta dome is gonna be nice and comfy for these speed hawks.

we match up really well with atlanta, like king vs eddie gordo.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I love the matchup. There is no team left that I'd rather play.

General Manager

Reaction score
We did not play our best football today and Ryan is a sitting duck back there. Were going to put his face in the dirt.

DohBoy

Reaction score
The Falcons haven't won a playoff game under Smith and they had the easiest schedule in the NFL this year.

Save the predictions until you factor in perspective, Falcon fans.

DohBoy

themunn

Reaction score
Torris":3rkf172b said:
gtcotcakya":3rkf172b said:
Torris":3rkf172b said:

Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Eli Mannings vs Mike Nolan's Schemes:

1 TD, 10 INTs...

It's original because no other fanbase can say their defense stifled 3 SB Champions to that level.

you can't just pick and choose your games against opposition, Brees also rinsed you for 3 TDs this season.

sure you picked off Manning 3x in the 2nd game of the season, but I bet that wouldn't happen with him now, and seeing as Wilson finished with a better QB rating than the other 2 this season, I've no reason to think he won't outperform them, just as he outperformed Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady too