Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]

Post subject: RG3 just got a 76.7 QBR
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:18 pm 
NET Veteran

WTF???? He played like crap!!

Post subject: Re: RG3 just got a 76.7 QBR
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:30 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

Unfortunately, he practically didn't have to pass the ball all night because of the joke that Dallas calls a "defense" was on the field. Redskins ran wild. I dare them to try that against us.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:49 am 
USMC 1970-77

Well, it looks like they're gonna try.

;)

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:03 am 
*The Prophet*

he threw for 100 yards ... Brady Quinn threw for 49 yards

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:22 am 
NET Veteran

He threw those screen passes REALLY well though.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:46 am 
NET Rookie

hawksfan515 wrote:

Thats because QBR takes into accout a QBs impact as a runner as well as passing. RG3 made some good throws but yea his passing was off. He was killing the Cowpukes on running tho, picking up 10 yards a clip and scoring a TD. Thats why his QBR was high. He had quality runs during key moments of the game.

New member by the way...You guys have a well designed site here.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:36 pm 
NET Veteran

rdskns4eva wrote:
hawksfan515 wrote:

Thats because QBR takes into accout a QBs impact as a runner as well as passing. RG3 made some good throws but yea his passing was off. He was killing the Cowpukes on running tho, picking up 10 yards a clip and scoring a TD. Thats why his QBR was high. He had quality runs during key moments of the game.

New member by the way...You guys have a well designed site here.

Thanks man :)

And just to understand, I think RG3 didn't have a great day today, but before the injury he did awesome. I just don't really like QBR...... Too weird. RG3 did OK, but not that good.

Have a nice stay here! Here's to a fun, injury free Seahawk win! :mrgreen: :thirishdrinkers:

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:53 pm 
NET Veteran

RolandDeschain wrote:
Unfortunately, he practically didn't have to pass the ball all night because of the joke that Dallas calls a "defense" was on the field. Redskins ran wild. I dare them to try that against us.

Is it safe to say that the Ryans' Defense is not all its cracked up to be?

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:01 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

It's really ironic that a stat designed to be the eyeball test stat is the worst stat in the world at reflecting the eyeball test.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:13 pm 
NET Rookie

kearly wrote:
It's really ironic that a stat designed to be the eyeball test stat is the worst stat in the world at reflecting the eyeball test.

QBR is FAR from perfect, but it's meant to factor in alot of things. I like the concerpt but it needs tweaking. QBR helps in 3 situations I think:

1. QB's that dont put up great numbers but are clutch. QBR can tell you this while traditional QBR cant. See Eli Manning, Andrew Luck
2. QB's that have great passer ratings, but fail when it matters most. QBR can tell you this while traditinal QBR cant. See Tony Romo
3. QB's that run/scramble to put thier team in position to win. QBR can tell you this while traditional QBR cant. See RG3, Michael Vick and Russel Wilson.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:27 pm 
NET Veteran

QBR is dumb.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:10 pm 
NET Veteran

50% completion rate 0 touchdowns and 0 interceptions too...he is AWESOME! When Mark Sanchez has those stats, his QBR is 41.6. See jets vs. jacksonville.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:49 am 
NET Veteran

rdskns4eva wrote:
kearly wrote:

QBR is FAR from perfect, but it's meant to factor in alot of things. I like the concerpt but it needs tweaking. QBR helps in 3 situations I think:

1. QB's that dont put up great numbers but are clutch. QBR can tell you this while traditional QBR cant. See Eli Manning, Andrew Luck
2. QB's that have great passer ratings, but fail when it matters most. QBR can tell you this while traditinal QBR cant. See Tony Romo
3. QB's that run/scramble to put thier team in position to win. QBR can tell you this while traditional QBR cant. See RG3, Michael Vick and Russel Wilson.

QBR rewards players who have 3 terrible quarters and 1 good quarter.
I don't believe in rewarding players who are "clutch", if they're bad for the first 3 quarters.
Rewarding a player like Wilson for a clutch performance against New England or Chicago I agree with - because he was good for the first 3 quarters but when the game came down to the wire he took them over the edge.

Awarding Andrew Luck a 47.2 QB rating (slightly below average) for a game in which he threw 27 of 50 with 2 TDs for Indianaopolis and 2 TDs for New England (and a further interception on top of that), but giving Russell Wilson a 45.8 when he threw 2 TDs for Seattle and 0 for New York (but did fumble twice, one of which was recovered by NY and returned for a TD - however, fumble recoveries are a crapshoot and in comparison to poor decisions throwing the ball, is a lot less culpable for the QB) on a 12 of 19 for 188 yard performance was enough to tell me it's nowhere near good enough yet

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]