Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: JR Sweezy ahead of John Moffitt on official depth chart
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:35 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 11208
...and starting today.

Interesting.

http://www.seahawks.com/team/depth-chart.html

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JR Sweezy ahead of John Moffitt on official depth chart
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:36 pm 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10154
Location: Vancouver, WA
Injury related still or has he played his way to the top?

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JR Sweezy ahead of John Moffitt on official depth chart
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:39 pm 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10488
Location: Pasco, WA
John probably still isn't 100% healthy, but JR didn't do too bad last week which is really good news for us.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JR Sweezy ahead of John Moffitt on official depth chart
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:43 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 3246
Location: Helotes, TX
He was last week too and started as well. It's not a surprise.

_________________
I'm In!


What attracted you to the Seahawks?
“It’s a combination of what I believe the coaches are doing here, the atmosphere and what I think we’re going to do here in the future. I think we’re going to win and win a lot and be a championship team.” – Zac Miller, August 4, 2011


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JR Sweezy ahead of John Moffitt on official depth chart
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:44 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 11208
Seafan wrote:
He was last week too and started as well. It's not a surprise.


Oh, well, I'm sorry. I'll just leave all the posting to you from now on. ;) :happydrunks:

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JR Sweezy ahead of John Moffitt on official depth chart
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:48 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 1520
Location: Seattle
Image

_________________
Idle vaporings of a mind diseased
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JR Sweezy ahead of John Moffitt on official depth chart
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:51 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
It seemed to me from a lot of the pre-season talk, even when Sweezy struggled in the early regular season games, that the coaching staff looked at Sweezy as the higher upside long-term guy over Moffitt. I really am only basing that on how I interpreted the way Sweezy was talked about, but I do think they wanted to acclimate him to the position and the pro-game to eventually be the full-time starter there. Looks like that's now....?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JR Sweezy ahead of John Moffitt on official depth chart
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:52 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:05 am
Posts: 665
Location: Canada
Meh, I would rather see Moffitt move over to LG and compete with Carpenter. Think he is more natural there.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JR Sweezy ahead of John Moffitt on official depth chart
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:53 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 1520
Location: Seattle
pinksheets wrote:
It seemed to me from a lot of the pre-season talk, even when Sweezy struggled in the early regular season games, that the coaching staff looked at Sweezy as the higher upside long-term guy over Moffitt. I really am only basing that on how I interpreted the way Sweezy was talked about, but I do think they wanted to acclimate him to the position and the pro-game to eventually be the full-time starter there. Looks like that's now....?


Here is a good article from yesterday about Sweezy and how he has come along.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Rookie-guard-JR-Sweezy-making-most-of-second-chance/883bc038-89ad-4015-84ff-7873f277932b

_________________
Idle vaporings of a mind diseased
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JR Sweezy ahead of John Moffitt on official depth chart
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:56 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 902
Location: Everett, Wa
VaporHawk wrote:
Image


Looks like u got a couple Seahawks mug shots. Maybe a fire will light under Moffit after seeing JR get the start over him or maybe he's not starting for a medical reasons.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JR Sweezy ahead of John Moffitt on official depth chart
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:01 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 am
Posts: 2291
Eric Williams has mentioned in his chats at TNT that Moffitt has not shown stellar work ethic while he has been here. There is no question that Sweezy is a better athlete than Moffitt, so if Sweezy is outworking him, it was only a matter of time before Sweezy passed him up.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JR Sweezy ahead of John Moffitt on official depth chart
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:02 pm 
USMC 1970-77
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
Posts: 9541
Location: Monroe, WA
Whoever the better man is, I want him on the field on gameday.

_________________
Talent can get you to the playoffs.
It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JR Sweezy ahead of John Moffitt on official depth chart
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:04 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
Moffitt retweeted this last night:

Quote:
Alex Baze ‏@bazecraze
I don't know how NFL players can work in an environment where 106% isn't considered enough effort.


If the coaches think it's his work ethic, apparently he disagrees.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JR Sweezy ahead of John Moffitt on official depth chart
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:07 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
pinksheets wrote:
Moffitt retweeted this last night:

Quote:
Alex Baze ‏@bazecraze
I don't know how NFL players can work in an environment where 106% isn't considered enough effort.


If the coaches think it's his work ethic, apparently he disagrees.


Wow.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JR Sweezy ahead of John Moffitt on official depth chart
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:10 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 7:15 pm
Posts: 771
Its kinda seems like when we draft 1st and 2nd rounders they end up performing like 7th rounders and vis versa.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JR Sweezy ahead of John Moffitt on official depth chart
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:17 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 3246
Location: Helotes, TX
Seafan wrote:
He was last week too and started as well. It's not a surprise.


Unlike you I tried to write my post without being a smartaZZ. I could have said that Russell Wilson was also at the top of the depth chart and was starting as well, why don't you complete the entire lineup for us, smartaZZ.

_________________
I'm In!


What attracted you to the Seahawks?
“It’s a combination of what I believe the coaches are doing here, the atmosphere and what I think we’re going to do here in the future. I think we’re going to win and win a lot and be a championship team.” – Zac Miller, August 4, 2011


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JR Sweezy ahead of John Moffitt on official depth chart
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:21 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm
Posts: 2262
EastCoastHawksFan wrote:
Its kinda seems like when we draft 1st and 2nd rounders they end up performing like 7th rounders and vis versa.


No, just everyone that we draft performs like a first rounder
Our draft picks from rounds 1&2 under PCJS are Russell Okung, Earl Thomas, Golden Tate, James Carpenter, Bruce Irvin & Bobby Wagner.

Only Carpenter's performance hasn't reached his draft position, and that's mostly through injury than anything else


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JR Sweezy ahead of John Moffitt on official depth chart
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:29 pm 
USMC 1970-77
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
Posts: 9541
Location: Monroe, WA
themunn wrote:
EastCoastHawksFan wrote:
Its kinda seems like when we draft 1st and 2nd rounders they end up performing like 7th rounders and vis versa.


No, just everyone that we draft performs like a first rounder
Our draft picks from rounds 1&2 under PCJS are Russell Okung, Earl Thomas, Golden Tate, James Carpenter, Bruce Irvin & Bobby Wagner.

Only Carpenter's performance hasn't reached his draft position, and that's mostly through injury than anything else

I believe Moffit was a 2nd Rder, same year as Carp. But we've doen pretty well, overall at the top of the draft, too.

_________________
Talent can get you to the playoffs.
It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JR Sweezy ahead of John Moffitt on official depth chart
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:34 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm
Posts: 2262
sutz wrote:
themunn wrote:
EastCoastHawksFan wrote:
Its kinda seems like when we draft 1st and 2nd rounders they end up performing like 7th rounders and vis versa.


No, just everyone that we draft performs like a first rounder
Our draft picks from rounds 1&2 under PCJS are Russell Okung, Earl Thomas, Golden Tate, James Carpenter, Bruce Irvin & Bobby Wagner.

Only Carpenter's performance hasn't reached his draft position, and that's mostly through injury than anything else

I believe Moffit was a 2nd Rder, same year as Carp. But we've doen pretty well, overall at the top of the draft, too.


nah he was a 3rd, we traded our 2nd for more picks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JR Sweezy ahead of John Moffitt on official depth chart
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:50 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 11208
After today, Moffitt might just get his job back. Although, in fairness, it was the Rams' defensive line.

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JR Sweezy ahead of John Moffitt on official depth chart
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:51 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:34 pm
Posts: 93
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JR Sweezy ahead of John Moffitt on official depth chart
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:52 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 5208
Location: Battle Ground, Washington
MontanaHawk05 wrote:
After today, Moffitt might just get his job back. Although, in fairness, it was the Rams' defensive line.


Eh I still like the Sweez. I am no line expert, far from it, but I didn't notice him a lot.

Saw Okung get beat for a sack though :( Sucked.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JR Sweezy ahead of John Moffitt on official depth chart
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:54 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
MontanaHawk05 wrote:
After today, Moffitt might just get his job back. Although, in fairness, it was the Rams' defensive line.


Or, ya know,the Rams and now Cards OC's stacking 2 on Sweezy on passing plays. A good defensive coach will exploit Sweezy, every time. Rams have a GREAT line, but they got the better of Sweezy by making him think.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.