What others are saying part 2 - Season changed

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Looks like the butt-whipping we put on the 49ers continues to take it's toll on the 49ers.............

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/12/24/5073989/mark-purdy-99ers-whole-season.html

SEATTLE -- It was a dark and stormy night. Was it ever. In just one evening, over four quarters of ugly football, the whole season changed for the 49ers.

We won't know completely how much it changed for another week or so, when we see exactly how the playoff brackets are set. But the 42-13 loss to the Seahawks here Sunday evening puts the 49ers in a whole different geographic location moving ahead.

Go to a football map. Find the continent of hurt. That's where they are now situated. Literally and figuratively.

And as the evening progressed, those ramifications kept ramifying into worse and worse scenarios.

It wasn't just that the loss dropped the 49ers from the second seed in the NFC down to the third seed - which, if form holds, would eliminate a bye week for them and force a first-round rematch against the Seahawks at Candlestick Park.
No, it was far more than that.

It was the way that the embarrassment unfolded, with the Seahawks outplaying the 49ers in all 73 phases of the game, or however many phases there are.

2019974187.jpg

rideaducati

Reaction score
Niner fans are not used to comprehending playoff seeding. The niners, as of now, are the third seed and the third seed plays the sixth seed. The sixth seed will not be Seattle.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
rideaducati":1koniah6 said:
Niner fans are not used to comprehending playoff seeding. The niners, as of now, are the third seed and the third seed plays the sixth seed. The sixth seed will not be Seattle.

Give em a break they gotten beaten senseless last night.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
If the Seahawks win the division next week and the 49ers become a wild card, there is no possible scenario where the 49ers would play in Seattle on wild card weekend. I checked because I'm evil that way!
:stirthepot:

Seeker

Reaction score
If your not playing seattle in the playoffs, its called a "bye week"

themunn

Reaction score
Seeker":2md3qv3m said:
If your not playing seattle in the playoffs, its called a "bye week"

If you ARE playing Seattle in the playoffs it's called a "bye-bye week"

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoCalSeahawk":hiwjf8ef said:
If the Seahawks win the division next week and the 49ers become a wild card, there is no possible scenario where the 49ers would play in Seattle on wild card weekend. I checked because I'm evil that way!
You am funny, and you am right :th2thumbs:
Oh, and the "EVIL" GIG?, take a seat, class is about to begin, and no spitwads unless it's for our teacher of course. :17: :16:

JKent82

Reaction score
SoCalSeahawk":15shb9p8 said:

Bah!

-Green Bay and SF lose.
-Seahawks win.

We're the 2 seed, SF is 5 seed.

Minnesota beats Green Bay as the 6 seed.
SF Beats Washington as the 5 seed.

#6 Minnesota goes to #1 Atlanta.
#5 49ers go to #2 Seattle. :p

Now I didn't say it was likely. Also I have to edit this because I lack reading comprehension! But hey this is fun to think about anyways. Not wild card weekend but it is at home haha.

rideaducati

Reaction score
JKent82":18u6rnra said:
SoCalSeahawk":18u6rnra said:

Bah!

-Green Bay and SF lose.
-Seahawks win.

Now I didn't say it was likely. Also I have to edit this because I lack reading comprehension! But hey this is fun to think about anyways. Not wild card weekend but it is at home haha.

GO CARDINALS and VIKINGS!!!

sutz

Reaction score
JKent82":6dn3x53x said:
SoCalSeahawk":6dn3x53x said:

Bah!

-Green Bay and SF lose.
-Seahawks win.

Your breakdown looks correct, but he DID say on "wild card weekend."

;)

Latest posts