Jason Jones on IR; DT Hebron Fangupo promoted

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I was excited about this guy when we signed him but to me he has been very underwhelming.

Let a youngster play instead.

Basis4day

Reaction score
jlwaters1":73qbka1k said:
SeahawksFanForever":73qbka1k said:
My guess is that DT Hebron Fangupo will take Alan Branch's spot and Greg Scruggs will probably play Jason Jones's position.

That's my thought

Howard is behind Branch on the depth chart. They have Hebron Fangupo behind Mebane and Clinton McDonald.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I like Greg Scruggs...... pretty excited to see him out there and he will be much cheaper than Jones would have been next year.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Just another test these guys need to overcome heading into the playoffs. This will be a good measuring stick for the backups, really see what they can do against a great online.

Feeding off the 12th man, it's not hard to imagine any of them stepping up and/or going off.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Fangupo is no joke. Yes, I watched every game he played in college. The guy can be absolutely dominant. Why he wasn't already on a team is because most teams love the veteran presence inside. He is a legit NFL player though, and I think he'll surprise some of you if/when he gets on the field. He's quick for his size, he's always around the ball, and he can rush the passer. He is also good at getting his hands up to knock the ball down, and closing off the lane for runners. He's a space filler.

I was stoked when the Hawks signed him, and I believe he would have been on the roster all season if Jones hadn't been signed to that one year deal. Good luck Hebron!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Son of a..............., well lets just hope that Branch can play this week with his ankle, if not than our DT depth takes a serious blow.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Shark you are very astute about these Utah & BYU guys so I hope you're right and he's a beast on Sunday. I too was excited about Fangupo when they acquired him, he could be a sleeper. It's now time for Jaye Howard to demonstrate he was worth a 4th round pick and deserves to play as a pro.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":ew67edmm said:
Shark you are very astute about these Utah & BYU guys so I hope you're right and he's a beast on Sunday. I too was excited about Fangupo when they acquired him, he could be a sleeper. It's now time for Jaye Howard to demonstrate he was worth a 4th round pick and deserves to play as a pro.
I'm a huge Florida fan, and watched a lot of Jaye Howard, and the talent is there. There were times he had my mouth drop, but he always struggled with inconsistency. I wonder if that is still an issue for him, as there were times he would just disappear.

And shark, people are getting me excited on Fangupo, you have a player comparison. i just wonder his story, and why he is a PSder?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
BAllenHawk":24rl7io8 said:
jammerhawk":24rl7io8 said:
I'm a huge Florida fan, and watched a lot of Jaye Howard, and the talent is there. There were times he had my mouth drop, but he always struggled with inconsistency. I wonder if that is still an issue for him, as there were times he would just disappear.

And shark people are getting me excited on Fangupo, you have a player comparison. i just wonder his story, and why he is a PSder?

RE: Hebron Fangupo

We are spoiled into thinking every practice squad player is going to be a star. This guy is 27, sure he is big but he is not that athletic. There is not much to see there. One thing I have learned in my first few months in the .Net is that hawk players in general are a tad overrated when it comes to their actual value. I also have learned everyone should be fired after a loss. :th2thumbs:

Jville

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":2xwlcyy4 said:
BAllenHawk":2xwlcyy4 said:
jammerhawk":2xwlcyy4 said:

And shark people are getting me excited on Fangupo, you have a player comparison. i just wonder his story, and why he is a PSder?

RE: Hebron Fangupo

We are spoiled into thinking every practice squad player is going to be a star. This guy is 27, sure he is big but he is not that athletic. There is not much to see there. One thing I have learned in my first few months in the .Net is that hawk players in general are a tad overrated when it comes to their actual value. I also have learned everyone should be fired after a loss. :th2thumbs:

It's not like they have options at this point in the season.

With Red Bryant plagued with plantar fasciitis and Alan Branch plagued by a bad ankle, this team is down to only one healthy two gap lineman in Brandon Mebane. That will not work.

The promotion of Hebron Fangupo is timely and necessary. I'm looking for Hebron to see plenty of playing time Sunday night. It's going to be a huge opportunity for him.

Atradees

Reaction score
HEBRONFANGUPO5_30200A.JPG

Hebron is a Monster!

Here is your chance to make the team buddy!

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I find it interesting that with a move like this and the release of Evan Moore, that the Hawks are simply bringing up guys off their practice squad and not signing players off the street. Same thing happened when they signed Ron Parker off Carolina's PS, as he was with the team earlier in the season. Tells me that the team likes it's depth and players a lot more than in recent years when an injury immediately brought a street free agent signing. Hopefully a guy like Jaye Howard is able to step up. Don't think he's seen the game day roster too often so far.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
[youtube]D73ctp36oGg[/youtube]
Looks like a hole plugger run stop guy. I'm no expert, so make up your own mind.