Tony Kornheiser - class act

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":23pb8ufy said:
blue 22":23pb8ufy said:
no kidding... you guys need to chill out and stop being so butt hurt about the media. who cares? you cant control what others are going to say... y'all stop whining! :les:

They're whining over a comment NEVER SAID! That's the part that gets me. It's amazing! It makes me think there's something to this cities and sports teams not being taken seriously.

What a bunch of menopausal women we are as a fanbase.

Completely agree. Its a shame you cant see the greatness in LaMichael, otherwise you're a pretty smart dude, sometimes.

pehawk

Reaction score
I think he was great in his KR role. I think that's his future. He's Eric Metcalf, if Metcalf was a pro athlete since 18, like LaMichael.

The show's also to entertain. The topic was "is Carroll running up the score?". Kornheiser and Wilbons job is to discuss that topic, cause and effect, and make it relevant and entertaining to fans who DONT care about the Seahawks as well.

In the 70's, this type of retaliation would be a REAL and LEGIT threat to running up the score. It was part of the game. Before Goodell. The same Goodell drawing criticism for pussifying the game. Hmmm....

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Aw Pe. You truly are our Rock during turbulent times. A calmer of raging seas. An anchor for reason.

Thus i'd like to retract my whole bucket shower idea and settle for golden ones instead.

Largent80

Reaction score
If you watch or listen to the idiot then you have coming exactly what you deserve....More Bullshit.

pehawk

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":3u8d8hq3 said:
Aw Pe. You truly are our Rock during turbulent times. A calmer of raging seas. An anchor for reason.

Thus i'd like to retract my whole bucket shower idea and settle for golden ones instead.

If I become the voice of reason, calming influence and/or a voice of reason we're screwed.

Slick

Reaction score
this coming from a guy who is afraid to fly. read the espn biography to see how big of a pussy this clown-haired asshole is.

pehawk

Reaction score
52 seconds in is WHAT Kornheiser feared. I remember watching this when I was a kid. Thought I'd provide it since none of you grew up watching football.

[youtube]lTLlaMY_9PM[/youtube]

HawkWow

Reaction score
kornheiser's shctick is old, tired. MNF is still reeling from his stint while there. I fully understand the value of shock entertainment, it sells (see Howard Stern) but kornheiser constantly misses the mark. More appropriate would have been (if he said any of this at all); You know how you retataliate against Pete Carroll? The next punting situation, you break his punter's leg.

That would have made more sense, achieved the same level of shock and awe, while not damaging the show's, or network's credibility for going after RW, one of the great stories and yong men of this league. Perhaps Goodel should see this as another example of bounty-gate. No name player, about to be cut, breaks Wilson's leg and achieves instant media / notoriety.

Of course I am being facitious but ESPN needs to give the dude a talking to. I'll say it again, RW is what is right about this league, you don't target him with such adolescent BS.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":csch2y6h said:
His actual quote was something along the lines of:

"You know how you get back at a guy like Pete Carroll? You take Wilson out of the game. You don't run for 3 TDs if his leg is broken."

That pretty much says he endorses breaking RW leg.

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":1b6np7ou said:
(if he said any of this at all)

I can see arguing semantics of what he meant etc, but there's no questioning whether he said it or not.

chris98251

Reaction score
pehawk":93h87dlh said:
AbsolutNET":93h87dlh said:
I think pretty much any fan base would react like this. It's a lousy thing to say and in poor taste. He didn't say "someone should break his leg" but its just a road that no one needs to go down, its bad form.

He was insinuating that someone may retaliate. I doubt it would ever occur, and its a reach to assume it could happen in todays NFL, but they're job is to discuss sports, its a legit angle to take. And, it occurs in EVERY other sport.

Yeah Bounty Gate is an illusion.....................

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Here is what is really stupid about it: By the time we "ran up the score", Wilson was off the field and Flynn was in. Breaking Wilson's leg would have required some mobsters.

And you are right, PeHawk, I did miss that Chicago game, not only did I not watch football back then, I was too busy for football, what with soccer practice and ballet lessons.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't care semantically what Kornheiser was insinuating, or whether there was malice in his statement or not. It was a poor choice of words. Period.

Should we be demanding an apology? No. But Kornheiser might want to follow it up with "errr, not the best choice of words, I don't want someone to break RW's legs."

HawkWow

Reaction score
kidhawk":2qr4pny7 said:
HawkWow":2qr4pny7 said:
(if he said any of this at all)

I can see arguing semantics of what he meant etc, but there's no questioning whether he said it or not.

Nope...not arguing, I was just unsure. I read several posts here that stated he did not say this but you make it clear he did. Therefore, my opinion of him stands.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
Your right pehawk, I didn't watch football growing up because I think Kornheiser is an idiot. Get off your high horse, and give me a break.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
BAllenHawk":1u7dcqz3 said:
Your right pehawk, I didn't watch football growing up because I think Kornheiser is an idiot. Get off your high horse, and give me a break.

He has to use a low horse, he can't get on to a high one.

pehawk

Reaction score
So, him discussing retaliation, using an extreme to illustrate his point, somehow offended everyone?

Okay, well, I think we should right now develop a list of right and wrong things to say. I'm serious, I dont think Kornheiserm, or I for that matter, understand how sensitive you all are. I know I'm really scared that if in a scenario I use an obvious extreme to make a point, like breaking a leg, I could really hurt all of you.

Should he have just said "what if someone retaliates against his star, Wilson, for running up the score?"" Would that be okay, ladies?

I heard Tarentino used some extreme language and violence to entertain and make a point in Django Unchained. You guys must be SOO upset!

pehawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":5fwwx653 said:
I don't care semantically what Kornheiser was insinuating, or whether there was malice in his statement or not. It was a poor choice of words. Period.

Should we be demanding an apology? No. But Kornheiser might want to follow it up with "errr, not the best choice of words, I don't want someone to break RW's legs."

Your avatar is using an extreme scenario to illustrate a point. I think you're NOT a class act. I think you should apologize to me, and everyone else. NOW!!

P.S., he never said someone "should" break RW's leg. He used and extreme to illustrate a point. Kinda like your OFFENSIVE avatar. I come here for football, not what turns you on.

Status
Not open for further replies.