Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Wilson has 2/4 50 point games for a rookie QB in NFL history
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:23 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:16 pm
Posts: 2909
Location: Hamilton
From Elias: From 1960 through 2011, only two rookie QBs started a game in which their team scored at least 50 points. Russell Wilson has now done it in consecutive weeks. This week was the only one of the four that was done on the road.

Russell Wilson 2012 at Bills
Russell Wilson 2012 Cardinals
Tony Banks 1996 Falcons
Chris Chandler 1988 Broncos

I don't think we fully appreciate at this time how good this team is playing. Only time will help us with that.

_________________
Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
Image
Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wilson has 2/4 50 point games for a rookie QB in NFL history
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:36 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:42 pm
Posts: 684
hehe, I just dont get tierd of hearing about russ Wilson stats .... .

_________________
--/*Seattle Seahawks*\--


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wilson has 2/4 50 point games for a rookie QB in NFL history
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:45 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:00 pm
Posts: 757
Location: Spokane, Wa
Good to know. This kid is SPECIAL

_________________
"Somebody needs to work some Photoshop magic and put Harbaugh in the car with Pete handing him a nice warm glass of Shut the F*ck Up"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wilson has 2/4 50 point games for a rookie QB in NFL history
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:13 pm 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm
Posts: 8923
TDOTSEAHAWK wrote:
From Elias: From 1960 through 2011, only two rookie QBs started a game in which their team scored at least 50 points. Russell Wilson has now done it in consecutive weeks. This week was the only one of the four that was done on the road.

Russell Wilson 2012 at Bills
Russell Wilson 2012 Cardinals
Tony Banks 1996 Falcons
Chris Chandler 1988 Broncos

I don't think we fully appreciate at this time how good this team is playing. Only time will help us with that.

Hate to burst your bubble.... Wilson and the offense didn't score 50. There was a defensive TD in there today.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wilson has 2/4 50 point games for a rookie QB in NFL history
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:24 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:04 pm
Posts: 798
Location: Behind you
Jazzhawk wrote:
TDOTSEAHAWK wrote:
From Elias: From 1960 through 2011, only two rookie QBs started a game in which their team scored at least 50 points. Russell Wilson has now done it in consecutive weeks. This week was the only one of the four that was done on the road.

Russell Wilson 2012 at Bills
Russell Wilson 2012 Cardinals
Tony Banks 1996 Falcons
Chris Chandler 1988 Broncos

I don't think we fully appreciate at this time how good this team is playing. Only time will help us with that.

Hate to burst your bubble.... Wilson and the offense didn't score 50. There was a defensive TD in there today.


Wasnt there in both games?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wilson has 2/4 50 point games for a rookie QB in NFL history
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:26 pm 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm
Posts: 8923
I believe so, yes.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wilson has 2/4 50 point games for a rookie QB in NFL history
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:27 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:43 am
Posts: 68
that says "team" not "offense"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wilson has 2/4 50 point games for a rookie QB in NFL history
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:27 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22733
Location: Kirkland, WA
Hey Jazz, what part of "TEAM scored at least 50 points" don't you understand? Not just offense.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wilson has 2/4 50 point games for a rookie QB in NFL history
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:40 pm 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm
Posts: 8923
RolandDeschain wrote:
Hey Jazz, what part of "TEAM scored at least 50 points" don't you understand? Not just offense.

The part that shows the post header as quoted here:

Quote:
Wilson has 2/4 50 point games for a rookie QB in NFL history


Hey look, you dweebs have no issue pointing out my mistakes or inconsistencies, sorry you can't take some gentle ribbing.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wilson has 2/4 50 point games for a rookie QB in NFL history
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:59 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22733
Location: Kirkland, WA
50-point games. Not offenses or passing TDs. However, it can definitely be construed as meaning offense specifically, so alright; valid point. Don't get so pissed! :)

I bet the other two on that list have points from their defenses/special teams too, though.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wilson has 2/4 50 point games for a rookie QB in NFL history
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:02 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:16 pm
Posts: 2909
Location: Hamilton
RolandDeschain wrote:
50-point games. Not offenses or passing TDs. However, it can definitely be construed as meaning offense specifically, so alright; valid point. Don't get so pissed! :)

I bet the other two on that list have points from their defenses/special teams too, though.


It in no way implies offense only or individual. This isn't basketball.

Anyway, fairly pointless trolling takes away from bigger picture.

_________________
Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
Image
Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wilson has 2/4 50 point games for a rookie QB in NFL history
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:03 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22733
Location: Kirkland, WA
TDOTSEAHAWK wrote:
It in no way implies offense only or individual.


"Can be construed as" and "implies" are not the same thing.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 253hawk, Blitzer88, CalboHawk, Escamillo, flyingHigh, gadgor, gmo, JPWildman, LymonHawk, Meeker, smashmouth59, Yahoo [Bot] and 67 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.