To much Breno Hate

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
To much Breno Hate
Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:28 pm
  • I get it, hes a penalty magnet. And it pisses me off too,

But i have been watching the all-22 this year, and this guy is good. There is a reason he keeps starting even though he cant seem to shore up his penalties. He man handles that right side. Hes also a major factor for Lynch's running success on that rights side.

Also, i blame his tiny helmet for him making mistakes. But i dont want him off the field.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Re: To much Breno Hate
Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:31 pm
  • +1
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:40 pm
  • Can we find a way to attach the ref whistle to a shock collar?

Sit Breno..good boy :th2thumbs:
    "Horse horse, did you see the size of that chicken?"
    TaterHawk
    NET Rookie

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:41 pm
  • TaterHawk wrote:Can we find a way to attach the ref whistle to a shock collar?

That's hilarious. A shock collar. Dude is old school nasty. I like it.
    acbass
    NET Starter

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:42 pm
  • Chris Gray was almost invaluable and he was hated here too. So it goes.
    'The bevell is in the details.' -BFS
    jamsomatic
    NET Starter

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:43 pm
  • I've always liked Breno. Seems like a team player who gets all the hate usually for trying to push the pile.
    Superbowl.
    NJHawksFan
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:43 pm
  • acbass wrote:
    TaterHawk wrote:Can we find a way to attach the ref whistle to a shock collar?

That's hilarious. A shock collar. Dude is old school nasty. I like it.

Beyond hilarious!! Our "pin headed" friend reminds me of a cartoon character!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:48 pm
  • Breno catches heat on twitter by fans too.I myself love his attitude.
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:50 pm
  • i've seen him manhandle, and i've seen him being manhandled... but the penalties are always there.. he's been a drive killer, regardless of how good he is or isn't, he's killed drive after drive with STUPID bone head penalties.... i don't have a salution to the problem, i just know the penalties are a problem. at what point do you realize as an intelligent human being that you're hurting your team, and need to reel it in a bit?
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:08 pm
  • He has not had a lot of penalties lately and after watching the replay for Az, the excessive blocking foul he got was bad luck. He was ahead of Lynch when he started to make his block.
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:12 pm
  • sturg78 wrote:He has not had a lot of penalties lately and after watching the replay for Az, the excessive blocking foul he got was bad luck. He was ahead of Lynch when he started to make his block.

What?? You mean to say that he doesn't have eyes in the back of his head?
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:13 pm
  • he also gets called for some bogus penalties just cause the guys complain dont get me wrong he does commit more then he should but i think they watch him closer cause players and coaches are complaining to the refs
    hawkfan333
    NET Rookie

Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:08 pm
  • If it's not drive killing, I love seeing him randomly shove a dude to the ground or facemask someone after the whistle. Can't make the defensive guys feel too well when they know he's a loose cannon.

Like a less-talented Suh on our O-Line :)

But in all seriousnouss, Outsiders clearly shows that we rank 4th in the league when rushing to the right tackle/ outside the Left End. Meaning that Breno is kicking some serious butt.
    O-LineFan
    NET Rookie

Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:12 pm
  • Lol the typo in your title makes it sound like your making a toast to hating on Breno
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:15 pm
  • Pete loves him Cable loves him good enough for me.
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:16 pm
  • Cartire wrote:
    But i have been watching the all-22 this year

Sorry, I had to.
    Attachments
    bro.jpg
    bro.jpg (33.91 KiB) Viewed 1831 times
    poop
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:18 pm
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:Lol the typo in your title makes it sound like your making a toast to hating on Breno

C'mon Carlson! You know it's YOU'RE! This post makes it seem like you're making a toast on the poster who's making a toast on hating on Breno! haha, just kidding all around guys

I love Breno. I love his passion for assaulting the opposition. As much as I hate his personal foul penalties, I respect where they come from. He just wants to assault the defense, and that's 100% fine with me! It's not like we have a better option at RT. Omiyale? Maybe, but I doubt it.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:21 pm
  • I've always thought our biggest hole on the o-line is right guard (James Carpenter, John Moffitt, JR Sweezy), not Giacomini
    seahawks875
    NET Rookie

Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:22 pm
  • NYCoug wrote:
    therealjohncarlson wrote:Lol the typo in your title makes it sound like your making a toast to hating on Breno

C'mon Carlson! You know it's YOU'RE! This post makes it seem like you're making a toast on the poster who's making a toast on hating on Breno! haha, just kidding all around guys

I love Breno. I love his passion for assaulting the opposition. As much as I hate his personal foul penalties, I respect where they come from. He just wants to assault the defense, and that's 100% fine with me! It's not like we have a better option at RT. Omiyale? Maybe, but I doubt it.

Coug for the win. Makes my burn look like a baby rash.
    poop
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 pm
  • sturg78 wrote:He has not had a lot of penalties lately and after watching the replay for Az, the excessive blocking foul he got was bad luck. He was ahead of Lynch when he started to make his block.

I'm re-watching the AZ game myself tonight and that play just played.

Breno was just a tad bit late on his block, wherein, with his arm extended, he pushed a player on his back as that player was going down to the ground. Had he stopped there, there would have been no penalty.

Instead, what he did was... he took another step and then piled on the guy's back driving his upper body and face into the turf.

The dude doesn't know when good... is good enuf!!

Simply, STUPID.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:34 pm
  • He's a hothead that doesn't know when to stop. Even after PC benched him, he still hasn't learned. A lot of the times his hits are unnecessary (Lynch stopped dead in his tracks. Whistle blows. And he jumps on top of the pile). Not only that, on multiple occasions, I've seen him double team a DT that was blocked and let a guy run in free. Like the play when RW got blasted against AZ. He's the best we got right now, but I'm praying we find someone to replace him next season.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:53 am
  • He's old school, and 20 years ago he wouldn't get flagged. I love the guy, he would beat anyone who hits Wilson to hard. I'll take a penalty now and then to have his nastinest on the team, protecting our franchise guy.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:28 am
  • CPHawk wrote:He's old school, and 20 years ago he wouldn't get flagged. I love the guy, he would beat anyone who hits Wilson to hard. I'll take a penalty now and then to have his nastinest on the team, protecting our franchise guy.

So where was he "beating" that guy when he let the Dlineman straight through on our first drive and Wilson's head went bouncing off the ground?
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:36 am
  • He is commiting last year Browner mistakes. He is going to learn how to be a civilized dirtbag next year.
    Smoke
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:44 am
  • He went quite a few games, if memory serves, without the dumb penalties (after the benching, IIRC). Everybody was getting silly penalties in the Cardinals game. I don't think it's a big deal. Breno's the man.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:13 am
  • What "Breno Hate" are you referring to? I haven't seen it, other than about the stupid penalties, which you said pissed you off too.
    * NET Staff *

Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:15 am
  • CPHawk wrote:He's old school, and 20 years ago he wouldn't get flagged. I love the guy, he would beat anyone who hits Wilson to hard. I'll take a penalty now and then to have his nastinest on the team, protecting our franchise guy.

eh, you can have him, i'd like to see him replaced next season, go be a bone head and kill drives on somenes elses team.. and go to a couple anger management classes in the off season.. there's playing aggresive , then there's playing out of control..
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:27 am
  • onanygivensunday wrote:
    sturg78 wrote:He has not had a lot of penalties lately and after watching the replay for Az, the excessive blocking foul he got was bad luck. He was ahead of Lynch when he started to make his block.

Breno was just a tad bit late on his block, wherein, with his arm extended, he pushed a player on his back as that player was going down to the ground. Had he stopped there, there would have been no penalty.

Instead, what he did was... he took another step and then piled on the guy's back driving his upper body and face into the turf.

Simply, STUPID.

I saw the same thing and frankly, I kind of liked it. I just wish it was Dockett that he drove to the turf. I suppose I would have liked it less if the Hawks didn't score a TD following it.

I have seen/heard enough of Tim Ryan and his comment was "that isn't the first time Giacomini was caught cleaning up a pile around Lynch"

Then I realized it, Breno sees his hard working team mate being bullied while they try to bring him down and he is just defending his all-pro RB. Kind of like Lynch's bodyguard if you will. We all know that if Lynch was to have a body guard, being the nasty, hard ass pound your body into the pile RB he is, that the perfect Body guard would be Breno.

I just kind of like that we have a nasty guy on the line like that. If you watch Sweez in the game, he is kind of nasty on guys too. He just doesn't get caught as much.
    Eh... Whatever...
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:50 am
  • I agree with Loaf, his nastiness is what we have been clamoring for. Along with that nastiness are going to be penalties. They go hand in hand.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:53 am
  • falcongoggles wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:He's old school, and 20 years ago he wouldn't get flagged. I love the guy, he would beat anyone who hits Wilson to hard. I'll take a penalty now and then to have his nastinest on the team, protecting our franchise guy.

So where was he "beating" that guy when he let the Dlineman straight through on our first drive and Wilson's head went bouncing off the ground?

I assume you are talking about the sack on the first SEA drive. It wasnt a D-Lineman, it was Groves, an OLB who was lineup on the TE and blitzed. It was a right side blitz which means Wilson is responsible for reading that. Wilson actually made the mistake here and took the hit. Brenos target was on the line, the line shifted left and breno with it.

Now it could be said that if Breno saw the blitz he would have picked it up, but because he was shifting left with the blitz coming off the right, he didnt even see it. Regardless, was not his fault at all.

All-22-
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:02 am
  • onanygivensunday wrote:
    sturg78 wrote:He has not had a lot of penalties lately and after watching the replay for Az, the excessive blocking foul he got was bad luck. He was ahead of Lynch when he started to make his block.

Simply, STUPID.

Disagree. He's playing at game speed, and that looked like a tactic to piss off the defensive lineman. He got caught, but I think in most game situations he gets away with that and it's a good play. There are lots of plays like that, just before and after the whistle that have a negative effect on opposing players.

I love Breno for his attitude and the fact that I saw him maul Dockett and put him on the ground. DD is a monster DT and anytime anyone puts him on the ground it's a sight to behold.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:18 am
  • Largent80 wrote:I agree with Loaf, his nastiness is what we have been clamoring for. Along with that nastiness are going to be penalties. They go hand in hand.

I don't agree with this, you can be nasty without being stupid with the penalties.

Steve Hutchinson is the perfect example of how you want your offensive lineman to play. He broke the will of his opponents on a weekly basis, not by making each play about him with pushing, shoving and cheap shots after the whistle like Breno does. Hutch did it by mauling and out working the hell out of whoever he was across from for 60 minutes..........so that that defensive lineman knew by the end of the game who was the better player.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:37 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:I agree with Loaf, his nastiness is what we have been clamoring for. Along with that nastiness are going to be penalties. They go hand in hand.

I don't agree with this, you can be nasty without being stupid with the penalties.

Steve Hutchinson is the perfect example of how you want your offensive lineman to play. He broke the will of his opponents on a weekly basis, not by making each play about him with pushing, shoving and cheap shots after the whistle like Breno does. Hutch did it by mauling and out working the hell out of whoever he was across from for 60 minutes..........so that that defensive lineman knew by the end of the game who was the better player.

This.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:48 am
  • You guys see a lot of Hutches laying around? Be happy we have Breno and not Ashworth.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:51 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:You guys see a lot of Hutches laying around? Be happy we have Breno and not Ashworth.

I'm not comparing the two talent wise, I was explaining the difference in how to play nasty the right way.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:55 am
  • It won't be as excusable in two weeks when he pushes his luck against SF and costs us points against a good team. I like having him, but 15 yard penalties really hurt in close games. Its not a "take the good with the bad" situation; personal fouls are completely avoidable.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:03 am
  • It's a gamble. He likes to get in people's heads and rough them up a bit. Sometimes he gets flagged, sometimes he doesn't. I'm ok with the occasional flag if it achieves the desired effect. Obviously it's a double edged sword but hey, we're 8-5 so we're doing ok, right?
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:08 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote: I'm ok with the occasional flag if it achieves the desired effect.

What's the desired effect?

If you're known as a tough nasty player that plays within the confines of the rules, then it increases your value to the team. If you're known as a tough nasty player that likes to fight after the whistle and take cheap shots that cost your team valuable yardage with stupid penalties........then the effect is you get to look for a new job next year.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:30 am
  • I already told you the desired effect. It's like Kam hitting a guy hard when he comes across the middle. He may get flagged but that guy's gonna think about it for the rest of the game. I'm not saying it's best case scenario or anything, I'm just saying it's not necessarily all bad every time.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:41 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:I already told you the desired effect. It's like Kam hitting a guy hard when he comes across the middle. He may get flagged but that guy's gonna think about it for the rest of the game. I'm not saying it's best case scenario or anything, I'm just saying it's not necessarily all bad every time.

I understand what you're saying, I just can't take the jump from detrimental to the team to being a positive.

That player isn't going to think about how nasty Breno is, he's going to think "how can I use Breno's short temper and penchant for getting personal foul penalties against him."

Breno reminds me of Incognito when he played for the Rams. Every time the Rams would come to town, we could count on Incognito to get 2-3 stupid penalties. Did our defensive players respect Incognito? Or even fear him? Nope, they'd just say he was an idiot that they knew would explode due to his temper and get a penalty.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:46 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:I already told you the desired effect. It's like Kam hitting a guy hard when he comes across the middle. He may get flagged but that guy's gonna think about it for the rest of the game. I'm not saying it's best case scenario or anything, I'm just saying it's not necessarily all bad every time.

Hitting a guy over the middle is different than late hits or fighting after the whistle. Breno gets his penalties after the play, not during.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:05 pm
  • I just don't understand people on this board sometimes.

As somebody said, this is the type of guy we've wanted on this team for years, especially when we had a bunch of soft ass o linemen who got pushed around. Offensive linemen have to be a nasty bunch. This guy takes penalties, but A LOT of the recent ones have had more to do with his reputation than the actual play. Yes, he has the rep. for a reason, but to me it's something you live with, assuming his play justifies a start.

Does no one consider that Marshawn's running style has caused A LOT of these late hit style penalties? I don't blame Lynch at all, but when you have a back that never quits, and has busted more than one improbable run after being locked up, YOU WANT your o-line to make those hustle plays to try and spring him, and Breno pushes that boundary, but I'd rather he did that than let our guy go down.

It's really frustrating seeing a bunch of you apparently hoping for choir boys around here. THAT'S the type of team that we had under Ruskell and personally, I don't EVER want to see a team like that again.

I'll take Brandon Browner's PI's and defensive holds over Kelly Jennings and Marcus Trufant. I'll take Breno's over aggressiveness over Locklear's complacency.
    SirTed
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:23 pm
  • SirTed wrote:It's really frustrating seeing a bunch of you apparently hoping for choir boys around here.

Its even more frustrating when a bunch of guys don't actually think about what you say and just go with the most hyperbolic version of an opinion they can come up with.

When the play is over, I'd just like the guy to help Marshawn up and walk back to the huddle.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:37 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:I already told you the desired effect. It's like Kam hitting a guy hard when he comes across the middle. He may get flagged but that guy's gonna think about it for the rest of the game. I'm not saying it's best case scenario or anything, I'm just saying it's not necessarily all bad every time.

Hitting a guy over the middle is different than late hits or fighting after the whistle. Breno gets his penalties after the play, not during.

It's not any different if they throw a flag.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:50 pm
  • A lot of the time I feel like Breno gets screwed by the slow whistle of the refs. He is focused on his guy and blocking him and not looking at the ref and the whistle comes after the hit and yet he still gets a personal foul. When I was playing football we were always taught to play until the whistle blows.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:02 pm
  • SirTed wrote:I just don't understand people on this board sometimes.

As somebody said, this is the type of guy we've wanted on this team for years, especially when we had a bunch of soft ass o linemen who got pushed around. Offensive linemen have to be a nasty bunch. This guy takes penalties, but A LOT of the recent ones have had more to do with his reputation than the actual play. Yes, he has the rep. for a reason, but to me it's something you live with, assuming his play justifies a start.

Does no one consider that Marshawn's running style has caused A LOT of these late hit style penalties? I don't blame Lynch at all, but when you have a back that never quits, and has busted more than one improbable run after being locked up, YOU WANT your o-line to make those hustle plays to try and spring him, and Breno pushes that boundary, but I'd rather he did that than let our guy go down.

It's really frustrating seeing a bunch of you apparently hoping for choir boys around here. THAT'S the type of team that we had under Ruskell and personally, I don't EVER want to see a team like that again.

I'll take Brandon Browner's PI's and defensive holds over Kelly Jennings and Marcus Trufant. I'll take Breno's over aggressiveness over Locklear's complacency.

i hear what you're saying and i disagree 100%.. nobody wants chior boys, but nobody wants players who can't control themselves either. his stupidity cost this team drives, i actually put some of the blame of our first losses on him and okung.. both of them killed countless drive after drive. okung has gotten better with it, breno still doing the same ole sh*t... and now he has the rep, so the ref's are paying more attention to him. gotta be smarter at the pro level
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:08 pm

Ah yes...we don't like Breno's boneheaded penalties so we must want choir boys.

He hurt the team multiple times against AZ. Luckily it didn't matter much because we were whooping their asses. But against a good team...in a close game? Yeah, I bet you wouldn't like a 20 yd reception or a Beast Mode run to the 5 brought back 15 YDS.

And for someone as nasty as Breno, he sure gets pushed around a lot.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:16 pm
  • I love Breno. Sure, I want him to get no personal fouls, but he is way better than some of the passive linemen we had here just a couple of years ago.

I thought when Pete said that they can teach guys to dial it back a lot easier than they can teach aggression, that was rather telling. He was talking about Sweezy at the time, but the principle applies.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:18 pm

I don't understand some people on these boards not understanding constructive criticism, or being able to compartmentalize criticism........like it's an all or nothing thing.

EITHER YOU LOVE BRENO OR YOU DON'T OMG!!!!!! YOU MUST NOT BE A REALZ FAN!!!!

Breno costs this team precious yardage with stupid penalties, how hard is that to understand criticism of? We have four other offensive lineman that also play aggressive and nasty, stupid penalties don't seem to be a problem with them? Is Breno just THAT much nastier? Nope, he just has a harder time controlling his temper than everyone else.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:06 pm
  • Breno's the hitman. His job is to take the nasty to the next level. Strategically bend the rules. Preferably don't get caught, but it doesn't always work out that way. I'd bet money that's EXACTLY how Coach looks at it.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Next

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:01 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information