Toronto stadium is a sellout at 45,000

SeatownJay

Reaction score
rainger":3ddbldno said:
5280Hawk":3ddbldno said:
I wish i could go, I've heard Toronto is fun!
sorry there is not one redeaming feature about Toronto other than a sushi resturant near the airport
Toronto's biggest redeeming feature is that it's not Detroit.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Bummer. I would rather have a large, frenzied crowd to give our team energy and motivation. I'm confident of a win, but i'm a little worried about a trap game, let down type scenario inbetween a blowout and the biggest game of the year.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I don't think it's going to be as neutral as you guys think. Sure, it won't be like a crowd in Buffalo. But this is I think the 4th year they've played a game in Toronto. Talking to friends who live there (I'm in Toronto now, btw), the % of local fans that have taken the Bills on as their team has grown each year. The general consensus amongst fans here is that the team is destined to move here. It's just a matter of when, not if. It's a big city that thumbs it's nose down at Buffalo big time. That mindset helps with fans taking to the idea of the Bills being their home team.

It's still not going to be a big crazy overwhelming advantage. If the Hawks go up fast, whatever fans they have will be taken out of the game. But I don't think it will be neutral at all. The Hawks are popular in WESTERN Canada. BC and Alberta primarily. Back East the fans are all Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys, Giants, Packers fans, etc. They root for whatever teams have been popular and won titles. Canadian Seahawks fans out West are more likely to attend a game in Seattle than come out for this game.

Dreo

Reaction score
I would love to be there but a flight to Toronto during the Holidays is ridiculously expensive. I could go to Vegas for 4 days, flight and room included, instead. Or like give to Holiday charity.

Besides, didn't a recent poll indicate that Toronto's favourite team was the Patriots? And the Bills were a distant third?

Dreo

Reaction score
SeaTown81":2hpyxy2l said:
The Hawks are popular in WESTERN Canada. BC and Alberta primarily. Back East the fans are all Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys, Giants, Packers fans, etc. They root for whatever teams have been popular and won titles. Canadian Seahawks fans out West are more likely to attend a game in Seattle than come out for this game.

That's so damn correct. We loves us the Seahawks out West. At least here in the oil patch, and even more so in Vancouver/BC. I was even able to attend the Patriots game recently which was completely awesome. Man that was a fun trip!