Earl Thomas fined 15k for "hit" on Tannehill

Rocket

Reaction score
Gentlemen... the NFL are in ass-saving mode. The media are ripe for the concussion issue, they've got THAT ball and are running with it. The media gets their story and the NFL is on the hook for billions in lawsuits from past, current and future players, their families and ancestors. Football concussion long-term effects is an ambulance chasers wet dream, likewise for class action lawyers. One way for the league to mitigate damages is for them to "get tough" on plays that might be considered blows to the head.

It's all about mitigating damages, and Earl is in the damage path.

Bullshit call, bullshit fine, bullshit rule.

rastahawk

Reaction score
There was no mallice and contact was eventually incidental due to the impossibility to alter direction while player was still in the air. I am just dumbfounded by the decision to fine.

The even more disturbing thing is that in the NFL's little fiefdom they are the judge, jury, and executioner. There is no equitable means to try and present an appeal. Once that hammer falls you better get the checkbook ready.

The NFL is testing my fandom... To be continued...

Sturm

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3o3nu3y3 said:
NFL is really heading towards a big, big fall.

The continued "pussification" of the game, ungodly expensive game tickets/concessions/parking, over priced merchandise . . .

Goodell is the worst thing to happen to the league in a long, long time. He's a joke.

This is why my hours of watching NFL games this year has been cut in half. I'm starting not to give a crap anymore.

Twisted

Reaction score
rastahawk":2vvcpoxs said:
There was no mallice and contact was eventually incidental due to the impossibility to alter direction while player was still in the air. I am just dumbfounded by the decision to fine.

at what point does the QB assume some responsibility in avoiding injuries?

its a joke they can hang in there and even move towards the impending doom, fall down and flop like salmon then when the flag comes out they're suddenly all better..

what a joke this is becoming

Throwdown

Reaction score
Bakergirl":1rk6i1ch said:
The sad thing is Earl could have spent twice the money and just kicked Tannehill in the junk to get him to drop the ball. That is the joke that has become the penalty and fine system in the NFL.

He totally should've!

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I've actually leaned more toward Goodell for cracking down on dirty hits, but this defies all logic and the intent of the parameters, IMO.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Aros":jsyf4cb7 said:
This bullshit is making it exponentially more and more difficult to watch and support the NFL anymore. Not just because this happened to one of our guys, but anyone in the NFL.

Let's just call it the NFFL (National Flag Football League) and be done with it.

DISGUSTING.
This is where I'm getting to be. It seems like the NFL singles out those teams and players that aren't on the "money" teams and the NFL is looking more and more like a sham.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Was watching All Access and they had a great shot of the "hit." Absolute BS, and the fact that the NFL fined him for it? Beyond BS! Pathetic.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Illegal contact was a major change. Was that Goodell?

Latest posts