Poll: After 8 Games, How Do The Hawks Finish?

Poll: After 8 Games, How Do The Hawks Finish?

• 12-4. We win out. Take that negative nelly's! NFC West Champs

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • 11-5. Win every final game but one. Wildcard.

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • 10-6. Finish on a 6-2 hot streak. Wildcard.

Votes: 52 35.9%
  • 9-7. Finish a respectable 5-3 run to end the year. Possible Wildcard.

Votes: 53 36.6%
  • 8-8. Lose one game at home, lose all the road games. No playoffs.

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • 7-9 or worse. Hot Seat Time for PC.

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters

gargantual

Reaction score
I guess there's something I'm forgetting about here (I'm down today due to personal issues as well as coming off a real disappointing loss). PC's teams historically finish well, ie much better in the 2nd half of the season....at least since he's been with the Hawks (have to ask our resident Pete Carroll expert sc85sis to see if that was a trend as well prior to him coming here : )

I guess that's a bit of optimism to grab at. Something that I think is quantifiable and tangible.

kf3339

Reaction score
I put 8-8 for this season. It's where I have been ever since PC made the decision to start Wilson for this year. While I initially felt this was a mistake and Flynn should have been the guy this year it's now a moot point. He is starting to progress some but we still have too many issues with our passing game to expect anything better.

In addition I really didn't like our defensive effort this last game, and hope they make changes for the second half of the season.

But really an 8-8 season, with a one game variable (7-9 to 9-7) is realistic. No playoffs this year.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'll say 9-7.. losses to Chicago, Buffalo and San Francisco.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Since every game has gone down to the wire, we can expect 4-4 the rest of the way. But since 5 of 8 are at home, I’ll predict 5-3, putting us at 9-7 and missing the play offs. So while everyone’s “chillin” and touting moral victories, I’ll be rooting for the AFC at this point.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
From what I have seen on the road, I really don't see how we win anymore on the road this year and we will probably lose to the Niners at home, so I see a disappointing 8-8.

gargantual

Reaction score
I have to agree about missing the playoffs. I really concurred with people thinking that the last time was the wait-and-see, this-is-it moment of the season. To be realistic about optimism, about having truly turned the corner and showing that the team is firing on most of our cylinders, we HAD to win that game. A tough game, a game against a better-than-their-record, playing-with-a-chip, their-season-depends-on-this home team that still almost lost...........BUT still a game that probably forecast the remainder of the season.

I dunno. Seems like I'm bi-polar today. But it feels like we'll win 9 games and that's not enough in the currently excellent NFC.

hoxrox

Reaction score
gargantual":2npnw1pd said:
Rooting for the AFC? Meaning so whoever goes into the playoffs instead of us get beat?

Not sure what you meant (and not saying there's anything wrong with that either I guess).

I'm saying we need all these teams to lose, preferably to AFC teams to have a shot for the Wildcard.

Atlanta
South 7-0-0
Chicago
North 6-1-0
N.Y. Giants
East 6-2-0
San Francisco
West 5-2-0
Minnesota
North 5-3-0
Green Bay
North 5-3-0
Arizona
West 4-3-0

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Minn - Win (Dominating win similar to Dal game)
NYJ - Loss (*trap game*)
@Mia - Win (Wilson magic in the 4th)
@Chi - Loss (worst loss of the year)
Ariz - Win (Revenge)
@Buf - Win (Defnese wins it)
SF - Win (by a FG)
STL - Win (Dominating win for momentum into the playoffs)

QuahHawk

Reaction score
NFC Playoffs
#1 ATL 14-2 (L - @ NO, @ TB)
#2 CHI 12-4 (L - HOU, @ SF, @ DET)
#3 NYG 12-4 (L - @ ATL, @ BAL)
#4 SF 11-5 (L - @ NO, @ NE, @ SEA)
#5 SEA 10-6 (L - NYJ, @ Chi)
#6 GB 10-6 (L @ NYG, @ CHI, @ MIN)

#7 MIN 9-7
#8 PHI 9-7
#9 DAL 8-8
#10 TB 8-8

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
8-8 and yet another year of Seahawks' medicority. As Dom said, that leaves next year as put up or shut up time. Considering the history of this franchise, it could be very quiet.

By the way Wenhawk ^^^^ the Beagles at 9-7? Um, very unlikely IMO.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Minn - Win
NYJ - Win
@Mia - Loss
@Chi - Loss
Ariz - Win
@Buf - Loss
SF - Win*
STL - Win

9-7

* Could easily be a sweep by the 49ers, even though I have it as a W. That game will determine if we have a winning record or not.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I went with 10-6. Pete is all about "finishing strong" and it's a great time to do that. Wilson's newfound pocket presence and red-zone efficiency should prove to be propulsive benchmarks for this offense. We'll be able to outscore NFC West offenses at home that we couldn't on the road with a young offense, and our defense won't have to deal with another scoring machine like Tom Brady or Matt Stafford this year.

hawksmode

Reaction score
8-8..Pete keeps his job with the rookie QB excuse ( though it does make sense )

Next year 10+ wins or coaches should be fired.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
You guys are all wusses :D!

This is how it's going down

vs. MIN - 28-10
vs. NYJ - 24-6
@ MIA - 17-16
@ CHI - 31-10
vs. ARI - 21-17
@ BUF - 14-3
vs. SF - 28-6
vs. STL - 21-20

Finish the season 12-4.

BELIEVE

Seeker

Reaction score
Let me explain to you why Pete Carroll is a great damned coach,
Pete knows what is happening to his team, We can go over all the X's and O's but what was apparent from the physical signs of that defense was that they are starting to lose focus. All the talks about getting out-schemed, all the chippy attitude that has worked in the past being replaced by lagish running to the sidelines and miscommunication on the field. These guys are showing the early (but fixable) signs of "checking out". This is the drawbacks of having a very young team but like i said it is fixable and further still i think this week Pete fixes it. I think it's safe to say i have been one of the most negative people on this board since Sundays loss but i think we can all agree that 4-4 -- while no where near this teams shown potential-- is about where we expected to be going through that charge of the light brigade of a first half schedule. I feel this has compounded by the fact that Detroit shifted from a team we would have trouble with to a team we were supposed to beat along the course of their season. We are not in a good position to win playoff contention in our current situation.

but did you guys forget who these guys are?

76859_532854973396139_1379740633_n.jpg

I'm reminded of that scene from Kill Bill Vol II when Kiddo is sitting there finally facing off with Bill after going through utter hell to get there. Bill lets out the now classic line "You didn't think it would be that easy did you?" to which Kiddo responds something to the effect of "Yeah... I sorta did."

These are the freaking DRAMA KINGS, they be like that sometimes. I predict Pete Carroll is gonna put them on a 300 style high and have them go on a run the table charge.

12 - 4

Seeker

Reaction score
Also doesn't hurt that WT3 will be back to fill up our one major weakness on defense so.....

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I think you're wrong Todd, and I'm not the rose-colored glasses type, as you know. I know we've looked pedestrian at best the last couple road games, but all were easily winnable if we make a single play or two. I know that our defense is feeling embarrassed after that lousy showing in Detroit (even though it was against the #4 offense), after all the accolades they've received this season. Russell Wilson has improved noticably every week, and I think our Defense is gonna regain its confidence this weekend against the Vikes. If we lose, at home against the Vikes, then I will acquiesce to your interpretation of our team. But if we win... Especially if it's a convincing win, then I say this season is not dead by a long shot, contrary to your 8-8 prediction. If we lose at home this Sunday? This season is probably close to dead... Ain't gonna happen though! Damnit!

hawksfan515

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ap5jccmr said:
I went with 10-6. Pete is all about "finishing strong" and it's a great time to do that. Wilson's newfound pocket presence and red-zone efficiency should prove to be propulsive benchmarks for this offense. We'll be able to outscore NFC West offenses at home that we couldn't on the road with a young offense, and our defense won't have to deal with another scoring machine like Tom Brady or Matt Stafford this year.

:th2thumbs:

Finally some sense in this thread. Reading through here, you'd think we got blown out horribly by Detroit. We went down to the wire with these guys, and it seemed we tried to rock the Tampa 2 and we are at our best in man, everyone knows that.