Thy Hatred Runs Deep With This One.

49ers

Reaction score
Polaris":2rqnewr2 said:
They beat you. At home. They are rested as well and have a better DVOA. I consider them the superior team at least right now. Of course, the Niners can prove otherwise on the field.
Your post boils down to "I have no idea what's gonna happen", and yeah, I agree.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Aros":3dnf2y0d said:
Yes, Green Bay's defense, in the immortal words of Dennis Green..."Let 'em off the hook!"

That shiz would not happen at home in our house.

I sooooo hope we don't have a tampa bay repeat... but then again we won that game :)

Polaris

Reaction score
49ers":2yfusns3 said:
Polaris":2yfusns3 said:
They beat you. At home. They are rested as well and have a better DVOA. I consider them the superior team at least right now. Of course, the Niners can prove otherwise on the field.
Your post boils down to "I have no idea what's gonna happen", and yeah, I agree.

No it doesn't. I am telling you that on paper the Panthers are the better team, and the other factors are also in their favor. Thus I expect the Panthers to win. That doesn't mean it's a lead-pipe cinch, however.

49ers

Reaction score
Polaris":3iyirgmh said:
49ers":3iyirgmh said:
Polaris":3iyirgmh said:

No it doesn't. I am telling you that on paper the Panthers are the better team, and the other factors are also in their favor. Thus I expect the Panthers to win. That doesn't mean it's a lead-pipe cinch, however.
uhh..... you said the same thing, but just re-worded it.

Expecting = educated guess

Again, you have no idea what's going to happen.

Yes, I agree.

Polaris

Reaction score
49ers":1dczt8b0 said:
Polaris":1dczt8b0 said:
49ers":1dczt8b0 said:
Polaris":1dczt8b0 said:

uhh..... you said the same thing, but just re-worded it.

Expecting = educated guess

Again, you have no idea what's going to happen.

Yes, I agree.

I absolutely did not say the same thing. You are trying to read far more uncertainty and guesswork than I ever intended. When I say the sun will still be shining tomorrow, that's an educated guess too (but a pretty darn good one!)

What I am saying flat out is I think the Panthers are at least as good as the Niners, and have the edge, and I can point to the statistics that bear this out (see Football Outsiders). That being so, I expect the Panthers to win (esp when other factors also favor the Panthers). However, in the NFL any team can in principle beat any other.

49ers

Reaction score
So do you KNOW who's gonna win or not?

If yes, I call bs.

If no, I agree.

PICK!

Polaris

Reaction score
49ers":1fcf9cuf said:
So do you KNOW who's gonna win or not?

If yes, I call bs.

If no, I agree.

PICK!

I did. If you read my posts, you'd know that. Unlike some, I am allowing for a margin of error.

49ers

Reaction score
Polaris":1x8l4h3k said:
I am allowing for a margin of error.
Means you don't know, you're just guessing. I agree!

On a side note, this NFC Championship game is gonna rock, no matter who is in it. This is why I love football, so unpredictable! All teams left are so damn good.

Polaris

Reaction score
49ers":29shb9dd said:
Polaris":29shb9dd said:
I am allowing for a margin of error.
Means you don't know, you're just guessing. I agree!

On a side note, this NFC Championship game is gonna rock, no matter who is in it. This is why I love football, so unpredictable! All teams left are so damn good.

:shock: I don't have perfect forsight as to what's going to happen in a football game. :shock:

Here's a tidbit. You don't either.

I think the Panthers will win because they are at least as good as the Niners, the Niners are playing them at home, and the Niners are coming off a physically brutal game (extreme cold does that) and the Panthers are rested.

You are asking for an unreasonable degree of certainty. This makes your demands and position, unreasonable.

hawker84

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":35r4wn6b said:
If you let Kaep out on the edge he is the best I've ever seen. No QB in history runs like him.

I'm talking Young, Vick, Cunningham ... he's better than all of them.

It just baffled my brain that GB didn't seem to get that.

by saying no one in history runs like him, you're saying no one runs as goofy? all be it very fast, that dude runs weird.... The fact the GB let him run all over them AGAIN, that either tells me Kap is one of the best running QB's in history or GB has a really sh**ty defense, and DC..... Bout as much credit as i can give him, he did what he had to do to win, and GB let him do it repeatedly.

Weadoption

Reaction score
if Clay Mathews is healthy in that game, the Niners more than likely lose.
Injuries have decimated the Packers now for about 3 years running.
With the missed FG block(thru the hands) and that dropped pick, sort of feels like Niners used up all of their playoff luck tokens in one game.
Or god just hates the Packers for some reason......

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I have to admit that I really didn't care who won. Both teams looked completely mortal, and I figured that either one was going to Carolina and losing anyway.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Weadoption":1om9fctt said:
if Clay Mathews is healthy in that game, the Niners more than likely lose.
Injuries have decimated the Packers now for about 3 years running.
With the missed FG block(thru the hands) and that dropped pick, sort of feels like Niners used up all of their playoff luck tokens in one game.
Or god just hates the Packers for some reason......
I was actually thinking that today. IF CM is spying the Kraepper he doesn't get those long runs. He didn't play so it's a potentially different story with SF moving on to the next round. Good post BTW.

Brass-Knuckles

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":bchpf76k said:
Carolina will bust them. Sorry to disappoint but you're not getting a third matchup this year.

we don't get third matchup because Saints win today :stirthepot:

Polaris

Reaction score
Brass-Knuckles":1fwvb9yw said:
KCHawkGirl":1fwvb9yw said:
Carolina will bust them. Sorry to disappoint but you're not getting a third matchup this year.

we don't get third matchup because Saints win today :stirthepot:

I strongly doubt it (about the Saints winning).