Thy Hatred Runs Deep With This One.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
While it would have been great rubbing it in SFs nose being one and done and all....

I'd rather have CK riding his winning streak in here, then Aaron Rodgers. CK's scored 16 points in 2 games at the Clink (the only touchdown being in garbage time when our starters were long gone), I don't see where people get that they're world beaters nowadays. I seriously doubt CK is pulling off 4 runs of 15+ and one for 42 yards to set up his offense against GB because Gore couldn't, against the Seahawks in the Clink.

Rodgers would have had the refs in his pocket if he could have kept the game close, who knows. Harbaugh annoys the hell out of them and only that horrid Green Bay D kept SF from not suffering from bad game clock management on the road yet again.

Coming off a 10 am pacific start in Carolina and watching two of the most physical teams in football concuss and knee break each other, I don't think Kaep's 16-30 1 TD 1 int day against a junk defense is going to cut it against the Legion.

Win against NO and we'll either get Kam with a dinged up Panthers secondary on a west coast hangover or Kaepernick with a dinged up Niners secondary recovering from that east coast hangover.

With Manning and his stellar playoff record facing the Chargers again, we might not even see the best of the AFC if we make the Super Bowl, so we should at least face whoever's hyped up to be the second best in the NFC.

The Radish

Reaction score
Sure a lot of people wasting a lot of energy telling me the ninnirs can't win here when they don't even play here.

Lets let things sort themselves out next weekend and see if any of you are actually right.

60niners

Reaction score
You just gotta be smarter than that.. can't use statistics based on defensive yardage to sum up who will win and who won't. If that metric worked, the Cardinals should have been destroyed with their awful offense and Seattles amazing defense.

What you guys should be worried about is can the Seattle offense get going, or is the defense going to be on the field all game. They will eventually wear down if the offense keeps punting.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
60niners":2uvzq3j5 said:
You just gotta be smarter than that.. can't use statistics based on defensive yardage to sum up who will win and who won't. If that metric worked, the Cardinals should have been destroyed with their awful offense and Seattles amazing defense.

What you guys should be worried about is can the Seattle offense get going, or is the defense going to be on the field all game. They will eventually wear down if the offense keeps punting.

Yes because that is exactly how it went down in week 2. Oh wait the Seahawks ended up steamrolling in the end? Never mind.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
60niners":26j0mpf5 said:

What you should be worried about is if Krapernick keeps throwing like he wants to add to his career int total. Dude reads defenses like Ray Charles. Against a decent secondary he goes down in flames.

The Radish

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":3ujmsk27 said:
60niners":3ujmsk27 said:

Yes because that is exactly how it went down in week 2. Oh wait the Seahawks ended up steamrolling in the end? Never mind.

I think we all spend to much time talking about past games and not enough working on coming games.

:roll:

I also think Todd needs to step away from that wine bottle

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
The Radish":1zeb178m said:
Milehighhawk":1zeb178m said:
60niners":1zeb178m said:

I think we all spend to much time talking about past games and not enough working on coming games.

The response was in-kind, no need for the eye-roll.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
The Radish":2d6kz88d said:
Sure a lot of people wasting a lot of energy telling me the ninnirs can't win here when they don't even play here.

Lets let things sort themselves out next weekend and see if any of you are actually right.
This. We need to focus on NO and I have serious doubts about their ability to win at Carolina.

otter

Reaction score
I really want a 49er-Seahawks NFCCG because it just seems appropriate. However, knowing that i want to see that, today, I couldn't root for the 49ers because I am just constitutionally incapable of doing that. It would have destroyed me to root for the 49ers to win, and next week, I will be rooting for Carolina to win, even though I know I want to play SF in the NFCCG. And yesterday, I was rooting for the Saints, not because I think they will be easier to beat, but because the only way we could meet the 49ers in the NFCCG was to have the Saints win and the 49ers to win. So, while I didn't care if we played the Saints or not, I wanted them to win so we wouldn't have to meet the 49ers until the NFCCG.

Now, if i wanted the easiest path to the Superb Owl, common sense would have stated that I root for the Eagles and Packers to win. Because the Saints are a tougher match-up that then Packers would have been, and the 49ers are a tougher match-up than everything. But I NEED to have a 49er-Seahawk NFCCG. NEED THIS. IT MUST HAPPEN OR ALL IS NOT RIGHT WITH THE WORLD.

Is this wrong? Is my need for this match-up wrong? I don't think so, because this will be the game of the playoffs and the winner will likely be the winner of the Superb Owl.

Plus, if the Hawks beat the 49ers in the NFCCG, we can just tell their stupid little mouths to STFU and point to the last game that mattered, and that will make me feel good.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3rb9kttm said:
The Radish":3rb9kttm said:

This. We need to focus on NO and I have serious doubts about their ability to win at Carolina.

Never really understood the bolded. It's fun to speculate and that is simply what everyone is doing based upon the relevant events of today.

HawkStar3

Reaction score
My 6 year old son had to give me some perspective today. Right after throwing toy football across the room he said.. But, dad the Seahawks still play next week. Man is he right.

Go hawks!!

formido

Reaction score
60niners":2ersb0w2 said:

Oh, we are smarter than that. :) Seattle's offensive+defensive+special teams DVOA is higher than SF's and any match-up would be at home. Plus, Harvin may well play. At this point SF certainly has more to worry about than Seattle.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I was rooting for the Packers, but was utterly unfazed by the outcome. Lets focus on the Saints. What happens with the 49ers doesn't mean a damn thing if the Seahawks can't win next week.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Radish":30cbohgl said:
Milehighhawk":30cbohgl said:
60niners":30cbohgl said:

I also think Todd needs to step away from that wine bottle

Who pissed in your pancakes?

The Radish

Reaction score
My buddy Todd whom has been my friend since 1998. Wheaties, did you say Wheaties? Man I hate them.

This is the guy who laughed like hell when your dog tore down a gazebo on the food table remember?

Just kidding at ya my friend. Jesus if your friends can't kid you who can?

:D

Polaris

Reaction score
49ers":3nmhybrp said:
Trenchbroom":3nmhybrp said:
Niners are NOT getting by Carolina. Which sucks--CAR scares me more.
lol.

They beat you. At home. They are rested as well and have a better DVOA. I consider them the superior team at least right now. Of course, the Niners can prove otherwise on the field.

niveky

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":vcwl16v6 said:
It's okay Aros... they are douche bags but rest assured that GB is just as full of douche bags.

My only gripe is that they won it on a last minute field goal against what was a TERRIBLE defense.

despite my deep passion for seahawks football, nothing else on this thread mattered after i saw your avatar gif