RAMS GONNA WIN!!!!! (Bait and switch)

Dtowers

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":342fm1o4 said:
kearly":342fm1o4 said:
I hate to say this because of how it sounds, but if you are a Rams fan, do you even want to win at this point? Your season is clearly toast, and this is a QB class for the ages coming up with quite a few QB desperate teams out there all copying the Colts blueprint from 2011 (Springtime-ing for Hitler, as I like to call it).

IMO, a Seahawks victory is win-win. Snead was a dummy for even thinking Bradford extension. Really a shame it will probably fall through at the last moment because of the injury, which I'm sure will force the Rams to evaluate their long term priorities.

You tried that crap with us kearly.

Losing for draft position is lame!

Yeah bro anyone that chooses draft position over wins is crazy. Can't stand that loser mentality.

CANHawk

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":36kxs6te said:
I couldn't believe they literally had RG3 in their grasp and chose to keep Bradford while trading picks. It was like they felt he was good "enough" so they chose to fill other needs.

They still could have got picks for Bradford AND drafted RG3. They messed up. I was happy that they didn't go after RG3, but that just seemed like they were settling. RG3 probably doesn't hurt his knee in STL and changes their outlook in a big way.

I know its hindsight, but when I saw RG3 in STL I saw dangerous Rams. 4 seasons of Bradford and still not getting the W/L record. Stats are nice, but not clutch by any means.

Though, could you imagine this division w/ Russell, Papaki AND Bobby Griffen? crazy...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Dtowers":3lcwv0pt said:
Yeah bro anyone that chooses draft position over wins is crazy. Can't stand that loser mentality.

Unfortunately it has worked out twice in a row for the Colts. They had several winning seasons before a horrible season which got them the #1 pick they got Peyton with, then the same crap a decade-and-a-half later that got them Luck.

Irsay needs a serious punch to the taint.

CANHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3bw8wfks said:
Dtowers":3bw8wfks said:

Unfortunately it has worked out twice in a row for the Colts. They had several winning seasons before a horrible season which got them the #1 pick they got Peyton with, then the same crap a decade-and-a-half later that got them Luck.

That dude sold his soul to the devil or something. Just look at him, doesn't he look like somebody that would sell his soul..?

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Birdfinger":jkl6ym3q said:
RAMS GONNA WIN!!!!!

...the coin toss.

:moon.:

Nah, we'll win that too, but we'll give em the ball first.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
CANHawk":3qomk84p said:
RolandDeschain":3qomk84p said:
Dtowers":3qomk84p said:

That dude sold his soul to the devil or something. Just look at him, doesn't he look like somebody that would sell his soul..?

I think you're on to something here. The dude looks sketch-eeeeee. You know you're doing something wrong when journalists consistently call you out on being an alcoholic and tweets that are hardly legible.

Dtowers

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1s1062ka said:
Dtowers":1s1062ka said:

Oh I know teams do it but I can't stand fans that condone it. I seriously think less of people that think this way.

And I agree taint punching to the Colt's franchise all around.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Rams need to tank, try and sucker another franchise into trading for Bradford, draft a new QB and RB next year, then they'll be making progress.

I doubt they'll do any of this though.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Bridgewater looks good... 70% completion, 20/2 TD/INT, YPA is up. I don't know if he's a top 10 pick as far as talent, but since QB is so important in this league he obviously will be.

I'd take a shot at him.

kearly

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2hsnuj3u said:

It is indeed lame. But it worked for the Colts. Those bastards. And you don't even have to follow the league that closely to see obvious evidence of teams copying this tank for a QB strategy. This is going to be one of the best QB classes ever, and GMs know it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kearly":5hwi3qhs said:
Tech Worlds":5hwi3qhs said:

It is indeed lame. But it worked for the Colts. Those bastards.
It's why I dislike that franchise. Fool me once, shame on me. (Winning seasons then a horrible one to get them Peyton.) Fool me twice, shame on you. (...Same damned thing 14 years later to get Luck.)

Coincidence? Possibly, but not likely. Irsay was pretty new when the Colts had their crap season in 1997.

kearly

Reaction score
AVL":3uqnuiu7 said:
Bring on the draft! Why encourage losing?

As for the promising new crop of quarterbacks, it seems like I remember about a year ago kearly lamenting Wilson's play after a disappointing performance and talk about re-scouting last years class.

Probably the Arizona game. For a week, it looked like Wilson might be too short for the NFL after all. For a week.

kearly

Reaction score
CANHawk":6jd13g4s said:
Didn't the Rams just do that!? Losing out for a #1 overall QB of the future? How's that working out..? Unless their name is Luck or Manning, those ballyhooed "QBOTF's" are a total crapshoot (and even Eli didn't pan out right away). If you're lucky you get a Matthew Stafford, but you're just as likely to get a JaDavid Couch. Naw, somebody cue up Herm Edwards, because you play... to win... the game.

2010 Sam Bradford would be a 4th round pick in 2014. I'm not even joking. Barkley was a superior prospect and he went 4th round in the past draft in a far weaker QB class. Even good college passers are getting overlooked these days if they don't run at least as fast as Jake Locker or Cam Newton.

You can't just "buy" a franchise QB with a high pick any year. Years like 2012 and 2014 are massive opportunities for the lucky teams that get high picks those years.

kearly

Reaction score
SonicHawk":899bkn26 said:
Bridgewater looks good... 70% completion, 20/2 TD/INT, YPA is up. I don't know if he's a top 10 pick as far as talent, but since QB is so important in this league he obviously will be.

I'd take a shot at him.

I think Bridgewater is very similar to Luck as a prospect. Similar size, mobility, smarts, accuracy, arm, leadership, production, etc.

He's probably the best "prospect", but I love Manziel and think Mariota could be stellar in the right offense. Boyd is a better version of Geno Smith. And then you have 3-4 other guys that are fringe 1st rounders.

Is it better than 2012? Maybe, maybe not. But I think it's in that area.

kearly

Reaction score
Fitz the Ram":1wc3y9w7 said:
I understand your point, whats the point of winning if we arn't even going to make the playoffs etc. Would just move our draft position back. I do want the Rams to win, honestly. I know it may lower our position in the draft, but i rather us win. If they want a QB bad enough in the 1st, we can always move up to get them.

Heh, tell that to Mike Holmgren. He offered a massive trade to move up two spots and lost out. His consolation prize? Brandon Weeden.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kearly":2enete1u said:
SonicHawk":2enete1u said:

I'd take a shot at him.

I think Bridgewater is very similar to Luck as a prospect. Similar size, mobility, smarts, accuracy, arm, leadership, production, etc.

He's probably the best "prospect", but I love Manziel and think Mariota could be stellar in the right offense. Boyd is a better version of Geno Smith. And then you have 3-4 other guys that are fringe 1st rounders.

To me, the key stat listed for Bridgewater here is 20/2. Some guy named Wilson was what 32/3 his senior year? To me TD to int ratio is a huge stat cuz it means the guy sees the field and throws to the correct receiver (single covered) most of the time and believes in ball security. And yes, I know I just described Alex Smith as well as RW. Alex will put you in the plus category with turnovers most every game and that's the number one stat relative to wins as everyone knows.

BTW, I haven't seen Bridgewater play, but 20/2 just jumps off the page when I see it.

OP
OP
Fitz the Ram

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
kearly":1m1zd60s said:
Heh, tell that to Mike Holmgren. He offered a massive trade to move up two spots and lost out. His consolation prize? Brandon Weeden.

lol true, but unlike that year, i think there will be more QB's available that could go in the top half of the 1st round. Weeden shouldn't of been drafted so high IMO. In hindsight he could of waited a few more rounds and got RW3.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":27iaizd6 said:
SonicHawk":27iaizd6 said:

I'd take a shot at him.

Just how big is Bridgewater? I just read an article and they were speculating about Teddy's size and was it big enough for the NFL.

As for the OP, I'm interested to see if the Rams pull it together or not. I don't see them rallying around any of these QBs they have now, and losing your "Franchise" QB is a big blow to a team already not doing well. I think they fold, honestly.