Any WR's you like in this draft?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
12th_Bob":4ho5v4uh said:
Besides Washington, his teammate Marcus Lucas seems like a tall big body WR that we lack (6-5 220). Both I haven't heard much talk about nationally yet so maybe late round flier types that could be red zone threats, they are both seniors so they will be available next draft.

Watching the Mizzou Florida game, really like Washington! Plus, who's Michael Sam???? Seen him down as a late round pick in a bunch of mocks but the guy looks like an NFL player. 8 sacks on the year and 2 today?

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
(1) Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M, 6-5, 225.
Current season he has 32 receptions for 737 yds, 5-td's. = 23.03-yds. per catch
Career 114 for 1842 and 10-td.s. = 16.15-yds per catch.

(2) Davante Adams, WR, Fresno State, 6-2, 212.
Current season he has 52 receptions for 496 yds, 7-td's = 9.53-yds per catch.
Career: 154 for 1808-yds and **21-td's** = 11.74-yds per catch.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sta ... 3/group/80

sc85sis

Reaction score
CPHawk":32wi2g1s said:
jhern87":32wi2g1s said:
Umm... Marqise Lee?.. USC's lackluster season has really caused him to fly under the radar but I think once the combine comes he'll be right back on-top of the WR board. He's an absolutely amazing athlete, with great hands.

Paul Richardson is good BUT he drops a lot of balls.. No thanks.

This is true, but so did Kearse. He's also a lot better than last years 4th round pick Chris Harper, and I'm guessing that where he'll go.

As for Lee and Watkins, I doubt either are on the board when we pick. People will know Lee played with hot mess QBs all year, and was a victim of the Kiffin mess.
Marqise has a ton of talent. He still needs to improve his route running and he's had drop issues this year. He's struggled at times now that he doesn't have Woods on the other side.

Having said that, he's also not been anywhere near 100% healthy yet, and the offense in general has struggled prior to last week.

'Quise may get some play time today, though he's still coming off injury. I'd actually prefer he wait if possible and get healed up.

MizzouHawks

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":37rr35df said:
12th_Bob":37rr35df said:
Besides Washington, his teammate Marcus Lucas seems like a tall big body WR that we lack (6-5 220). Both I haven't heard much talk about nationally yet so maybe late round flier types that could be red zone threats, they are both seniors so they will be available next draft.

Watching the Mizzou Florida game, really like Washington! Plus, who's Michael Sam???? Seen him down as a late round pick in a bunch of mocks but the guy looks like an NFL player. 8 sacks on the year and 2 today?

Washington is the better pro prospect with his speed. Both have inconsistent hands but obviously good size. Late round picks for sure.

Michael Sam has a crazy motor and just makes plays. Just a matter of time before he shoots up draft boards. The future first round pick plays on the other side of the line, Kony Ealy.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Love Evans from A&M. I think we may look for a TE/WR hybrid and think he would fit the bill.

My guess is Sidney and Zach restructure, Baldwin takes just under 3 million a year for 5 years and Tate signs for 5 million a year. Golden loves this team, and even though he could get more elsewhere, he will give a home town discount. Baldwin will want the security of a long term contract and both will probably have incentives in their contracts.

I still can't believe the idiocy of Belicheck refusing to pay Welker 7 but he ponies up 6 for Amendola. That move will be the difference in the Patriots watching the Super Bowl and the Broncos playing in it.

My guess is Pete would love to keep his current stable of wide receivers and add a strong, blocking TE to help the offensive line. Unlike others, i think we are in good shape on the Oline with the additions of Bailey and Bowie and i could see both starting next year. Bowie at RT and Bailey at LG.

Sorry, got off track a bit was explaining my reasoning for a TE/WR hybrid.

kearly

Reaction score
Mike Evans, that guy from Clemson, Marquise Lee, Brandon Coleman, and those are just the guys that were on the pre-season watch list. Loaded year at WR. I'd take a flier on Abbrederis from Wisconsin in the 4th if he's there, and if Smith from UW (#8) sneaks into the late rounds, he could be a huge bargain for some team. I'd much rather have Smith than Kasen Williams, though with Williams you get the feeling that he has a ton of untapped potential, something PC/JS value highly.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Brandin Cooks from OSU. Best WR in the country. I don't know if he'll ever be a number 1 WR in the NFL, but he'll kill people from the slot.

Another 13 catches for 232 yards tonight.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
How about Cody Hoffman (BYU, 6,3" 215)? I know we haven't seen him much this year but if he could be had on the third day as some sites suggest then I'd love us to take a look. Doesn't seem to have electric speed, but consistently gets open, looks to have reliable hands and some after the catch ability.

[youtube]TSGHyipXbtc[/youtube]

I also put it up to try and get the opinion of SharkHawk. What happened to him? Miss his season updates on all things Utah and BYU.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ci0yur5u said:
Brandin Cooks from OSU. Best WR in the country. I don't know if he'll ever be a number 1 WR in the NFL, but he'll kill people from the slot.

Another 13 catches for 232 yards tonight.

I concur. He's a really special looking player. Not tall at all, but a really uniquely gifted WR. He is well put together too, reminds one of Steve Smith (the good one). He has marvelous ball skills. He will be a day 1 starter for some team.

The 25-60 pick range should have a lot of really good WR prospects. Guys I would rate higher than Tate when he came out.

cover-2

Reaction score
Kelvin Benjamin had a nice game vs. Clemson

[youtube]DHlFvM2pOGU[/youtube]

Stuje1

Reaction score
Figured this thread should get a bump with Rice out. Kearly was the first i saw mention Abbrederis (Wisconsin)...I want to second that. He is the Badgers only decent receiver this year and so he is getting all the attention from the secondary but still always manages to get open. His ability to get open would be very valuable for a scrambling RW. Plus, they played together at Wisconsin and so already have some great chemistry. 933 Receiving yds (5th most in Wisc history) and 8 TDs with RW throwing the ball to him. And that was when Abbrederis was a Sophomore! He also returns punts. He had 346 all-purpose yards in the Rose Bowl v Oregon the year with RW at Wisconsin.

Here are some highlights from his Sophomore and jr years (most with RW at the helm): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGWXphHFTaY

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":1epsf443 said:
(1) Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M, 6-5, 225.
Current season he has 32 receptions for 737 yds, 5-td's. = 23.03-yds. per catch
Career 114 for 1842 and 10-td.s. = 16.15-yds per catch.

(2) Davante Adams, WR, Fresno State, 6-2, 212.
Current season he has 52 receptions for 496 yds, 7-td's = 9.53-yds per catch.
Career: 154 for 1808-yds and **21-td's** = 11.74-yds per catch.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sta ... 3/group/80

These are the two receivers I have my eyes on.

Big, fast, good hands. Those are a couple Pete receivers if I've ever seen one!

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Evans isn't going to make it to us.

Does anyone really think he makes it past SF with their desperate WR situation? They will pick before us so it's time we stop discussing him.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I'm keeping an eye on a couple of late round/UDFA WR's as developmental big bodies with exceptional speed.

WR-L'Damian Washington, 6-4, 205, 4.37/40, Missouri,
AND
WR-Jeff Janis, 6-3, 218, 4.36/40, Saginaw Valley St.
""Jeff Janis the 6’3 wide receiver from Saginaw Valley State. Janis has killed his competition this year and scouts are falling in love with his abilities. He has good size and ability to catch the ball. Throw in the fact that he ran a 4.3 forty at his junior pro day, and you might have the next special small school wide receiver to hit the NFL. Jeff Janis has been killing his competition, it is not even fair for corners or safeties. He has 1635 yards, 17 touchdowns and is averaging 148 yards a game. This kid is special folks, one scout said he is a faster Jordy Nelson. You do the math, WHITE LIGHTNING is something serious."" ----->Per: Yardbarker/NFLdraftDiamonds.

cover-2

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":a96zezre said:
I'm keeping an eye on a couple of late round/UDFA WR's as developmental big bodies with exceptional speed.

WR-Jeff Janis, 6-3, 218, 4.36/40, Saginaw Valley St.
WR-L'Damian Washington, 6-4, 205, 4.37/40, Missouri

Good call on Janis. He is one of a handful or small school prospects that I find intriguing. Janis looks fast on his highlights, but its difficult to get a true fell for his speed considering his level of competition. Nice route runner, good at tracking the ball to come down with the catch, and a he gets some yards after the catch. Hopefully he will get an invite to one of the all-star games so we can see how he looks against better competition.

Here is Janis's 2012 highlight tape.
[youtube]Kx3iUkmS8bU[/youtube]

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Lee is ballin tonight. 3 ridiculous plays already in the 1st. If he fell near us I'd be okay trading up a few spots for him.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":3f25zov7 said:
How about Cody Hoffman (BYU, 6,3" 215)? I know we haven't seen him much this year but if he could be had on the third day as some sites suggest then I'd love us to take a look. Doesn't seem to have electric speed, but consistently gets open, looks to have reliable hands and some after the catch ability.

[youtube]TSGHyipXbtc[/youtube]

I also put it up to try and get the opinion of SharkHawk. What happened to him? Miss his season updates on all things Utah and BYU.
I'm no expert but if this is a day three guy then I really hope the Seahawks pick him up. He looks to have very good balance and body control. A guy I could see being able to go up and get 50 50 balls especially at 6-3.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Finally saw the Matthews dude outta Vandy, he screams Seahawks with how physical he plays.