LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • This isnt Aaron Hernandez here, he is not charged with murder or a violent crime, but there are gun laws in place and the reason so many ask for more is because the ones we have aren't implemented to their wording. I hate to see a young man with such a great potential future ruin his life, but it looks like he did.

It is very unfortunate that with his resources that he didn't go legit. I have unregistered firearms, it is not illegal to have them and they were obtained legally. California has rules that many states don't. Smith is a California resident and failed to follow those rules.

He should be punished if he is guilty, I hope that he can recover from his mistakes and straighten out his life.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• sc85sis wrote:I hate guns. But if someone wants one, for crying out loud get it legally. Get the proper safety training. Take all the necessary measures to safely store it.

If he wanted those guns he should have waited to play in Seattle or AZ. He messed up in California. Big Boo-Boo.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• You're right, Loaf, he's not Aaron Hernandez; but Aaron is his role model. :D
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• pmedic920 wrote:I am a gun guy, I've made no attempt to hide that fact around here. I live in Texas where we have fairly easy going gun laws. Having said that, every gun I own is legal and I've had to jump thru hoops backwards for some of them. Smith deserves whatever he gets if these allegations are proven true.

Not trying to debate gun laws, only stating that if he broke the law, he should pay the price.

True, but at the same time we are talking about CA. I dont know about Texas but any law abiding citizen here in WA can own any of those weapons and should be able to in CA. But because of the bleeding heart conservatives there you cant.
    lvnginhwktwn
    NET Veteran

• I kinda just want to get things straight. Is he in trouble for the possession of the firearms without registering it to the state of California or is he in trouble for not having a gun license and being in possession of the firearms? Or both?

Are you just not allowed to have those type of guns at all in the state of CA?
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

• lvnginhwktwn wrote:bleeding heart conservatives

:229031_confused2:
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• lvnginhwktwn wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:I am a gun guy, I've made no attempt to hide that fact around here. I live in Texas where we have fairly easy going gun laws. Having said that, every gun I own is legal and I've had to jump thru hoops backwards for some of them. Smith deserves whatever he gets if these allegations are proven true.

Not trying to debate gun laws, only stating that if he broke the law, he should pay the price.

True, but at the same time we are talking about CA. I dont know about Texas but any law abiding citizen here in WA can own any of those weapons and should be able to in CA. But because of the bleeding heart conservatives there you cant.

Yes those weapons are legal in Texas. The point I was making is, that if we have to obey the laws in our state, so should Smith. If he broke the law and it can be proven, he should pay the price.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• Don't want to jump on the kid because of accusations, but if they turn up true...damn.

What a waste of a talent, stuck inside that idiots body. Seriously, it's not that hard/bad to be a responsible gun owner.

I guess street cred doesn't come with responsibility.

We'll have to wait and see what happens from here on out.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• Its a damn shame, he would of had one helluva career. They are basically kicking him while he is down, I mean he is trying to turn his life around going to rehab and then he gets this over something that was more than a year ago.

We'll see what happens, I doubt he is going to see the football field ever again.
    SF49r
    NET Rookie

• It wouldn't have surprised me at all if Smith went on his drunk/drug binge as a direct result of knowing these other charges were going to come out soon.

Its betters better to look like a helpless troubled soul rather than a straight up thug.

Just think about it. Smith is in rehab, he doesn't have to answer for shit. At least not yet and that would have been a huge distraction if he was still playing.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• Pretty stupid of him to do.

At the same time, it's pretty sad that if he was living in nearly any other state there wouldn't be any charges against him, which also speaks volumes as to how stupid California's laws are.
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

- Barbie from Toy Story 3
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• AvengerRam wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Did you really "Lol"? Like for real?

Now that he's in rehab, I'm pulling for him. Its a "there but for the grace of god" thing.

I didn't know they had gun rehab.

It's called prison.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    lvnginhwktwn wrote:bleeding heart conservatives

:229031_confused2:

:Dunno:
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Meh. These were just black rifles available at any sporting goods store in the vast majority of states. Hardly some "heavy firepower". If the cops caught him with a functioning Ma Deuce, or 25mm payload rifle, that would be another story entirely.

The gun possession charge is a felony because he is in California. I have rifles just like those in a safe in my home office, and they are 100 percent legal in every state West of the Mississippi, *except* California.
    Last edited by SmokinHawk on Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• fenderbender123 wrote:Pretty stupid of him to do.

At the same time, it's pretty sad that if he was living in nearly any other state there wouldn't be any charges against him, which also speaks volumes as to how stupid California's laws are.

And he might not have to be in super intense rehab if those herbs he had in his car last month had been in WA or CO. (Waco? Can't be a coincidence)
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

• ClumsyLurk wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:Pretty stupid of him to do.

And he might not have to be in super intense rehab if those herbs he had in his car last month had been in WA or CO. (Waco? Can't be a coincidence)

Weed is almost just as legal in Cali.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• SmokinHawk wrote:Hardly some "heavy firepower".

When I said that, it was based on some Tweets I was reading at the time that said one of the guns was a .50 cal. Just FYI.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    SmokinHawk wrote:Hardly some "heavy firepower".

When I said that, it was based on some Tweets I was reading at the time that said one of the guns was a .50 cal. Just FYI.

(ir?)regardless - I see a .308 AR whatchumacallit and I'm hittin the deck before I'm hittin the deck!
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

• Well, yeah; but if it's a .50 caliber, there isn't even anything you can hide behind for protection. :lol:
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• pmedic920 wrote:
    lvnginhwktwn wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:I am a gun guy, I've made no attempt to hide that fact around here. I live in Texas where we have fairly easy going gun laws. Having said that, every gun I own is legal and I've had to jump thru hoops backwards for some of them. Smith deserves whatever he gets if these allegations are proven true.

Yes those weapons are legal in Texas. The point I was making is, that if we have to obey the laws in our state, so should Smith. If he broke the law and it can be proven, he should pay the price.

I understand your point. I think if you choose to live there or if you ha e to live there you should abide by the rules of that state. I was merely point out that I think CA's rules regarding those particular weapons is wrong and anyone that is law abiding should be able to own and possess them.
    lvnginhwktwn
    NET Veteran

• funny to ME because when we commenced to stomping a mudhole in them lousy digits a few weeks back on National TV, they kept
    flashing shots of Aldon on the sideline w/ his helmet off and my wife kept CTFU saying "What the heck is wrong with THAT guy?"

dude just LOOKS like a crack baby, no offense to any crack babies reading this.
    MESSAGE TO THE 12TH MAN : IF YOU LEAVE THE CLINK WITH YOUR VOICE, UR DOING IT WRONG.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

• I bet that when Aldon got the news, in rehab, that he had been charged with felonies, his response was "I need a drink."
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• He should just ask for another 28 days in rehab. Or, use to reset the 28 day calendar. Cali's where its at with rehabs, if you got the money. You stay in a nice mansion, have a legit chef preparing your meals, there's all sorts of women with insecurities to prey upon. The hardest part is listening to the faulty science and reasoning, but something tells me Aldon wouldn't know any better.

But the Niner fan does bring up a quasi valid point. This will most certainly mess up his "recovery", assuming he's taking it seriously. Oh well, right?
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• Scottemojo wrote:I bet that when Aldon got the news, in rehab, that he had been charged with felonies, his response was "I need a drink."

Or, if you like double entendres... "I need a shot."
    AvengerRam
    NET Starter

• lvnginhwktwn wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:
    lvnginhwktwn wrote:

I understand your point. I think if you choose to live there or if you ha e to live there you should abide by the rules of that state. I was merely point out that I think CA's rules regarding those particular weapons is wrong and anyone that is law abiding should be able to own and possess them.

I'll 2nd that.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• Aldon should roll up on some liquor stores with the ACR and stock up on the good stuff for free. Then he can hole up in his mansion and get wasted and shoot his guns in the air and stuff.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• pehawk wrote:He should just ask for another 28 days in rehab. Or, use to reset the 28 day calendar. Cali's where its at with rehabs, if you got the money. You stay in a nice mansion, have a legit chef preparing your meals, there's all sorts of women with insecurities to prey upon. The hardest part is listening to the faulty science and reasoning, but something tells me Aldon wouldn't know any better.

But the Niner fan does bring up a quasi valid point. This will most certainly mess up his "recovery", assuming he's taking it seriously. Oh well, right?
    boating with Gary Busey is worth the trip. Nothing sets you back on the right path quite the same.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

• I am just so relieved that the ninners are keeping themselves above reproach.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Tech Worlds wrote:I am just so relieved that the ninners are keeping themselves above reproach.

LOL, yeah that quote has come back to bite D-Baugh in the ass quite ferociously!
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:I am just so relieved that the ninners are keeping themselves above reproach.

LOL, yeah that quote has come back to bite D-Baugh in the ass quite ferociously!

Not that that guy deserves any slack - but Aldons situation is not really in db's control. Entirely off field.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

• hgwellz12 wrote:funny to ME because when we commenced to stomping a mudhole in them lousy digits a few weeks back on National TV, they kept
    flashing shots of Aldon on the sideline w/ his helmet off and my wife kept CTFU saying "What the heck is wrong with THAT guy?"

dude just LOOKS like a crack baby, no offense to any crack babies reading this.

crack babies are usually under developed, so he might be the opposite, LOL
    HereToRead
    NET Practice Squad

• ClumsyLurk wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:I am just so relieved that the ninners are keeping themselves above reproach.

Not that that guy deserves any slack - but Aldons situation is not really in db's control. Entirely off field.

db? Douchebag? It is in his control every bit as much as PED's are in Carroll's control. The difference being all of our PED issues were off season issues. Aldon was on his way to practice during the season for the last one and Brooks was in preseason. Don't know when Crabtree and Cox were accused of rape or when the other 4 DUI's were.

In fairness though Crabs, Cox and Brooks were never brought up on charges so obviously those are all bogus charges unlessss wait a minute, we don't have any reason to think that FO and/or the local DA's are doing things to prevent these charges from being pressed or investigations from being pursued do we? I mean they only had the evidence to bring charges up on Aldon for over a year so obviously they had every intention of charging him from day one, right? RIGHT?

But seriously it's not like Cox's DNA was present in his accuser or anything. Oh wait, it was? Oh ok fine but they didn't have multiple signed statements against Brooks or evidence like medical records did they? Oh they did? Oh well I guess they did.

Where was I going with this? I guess I don't know what I'm trying to say. I'm sure these are just miss understandings. They are above reproach and all.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• Scottemojo wrote:Here is what I don't get. Deputies sat on these charges for more than a year. Why? And did they decide to file the charges because of the DUI he recently got?

I can't think of one legitimate reason they should have sat on felony charges for a year plus.

He is being sued by someone who was shot at the party. The complaint was filed with the courts a few weeks ago, and that complaint would have contained details about the firearms. The DA probably took a look at the complaint when he heard there were gunshots at the party and then followed up with the police department and asked for details. The police aren't stupid. They would have handed over any evidence or statements from the investigating officers, which would have contained the details about the firearms.

Further, I don't believe it was a cover-up by the police. They probably just figured the guns were legal, took down the model and serial numbers, and left it at that. The prosecutor/DA is the one who determines if charges will be issued. Probably just a bureaucratic snafu that is much less serious than people are implying here. If the DA felt the police were trying to cover up something, that would also be in the news as he would be charging them as well. Nothing is better politically for a DA then going after bad cops.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

• What kind of ridiculous theory is that, Hans? The cops just assumed the guns were legal? Are you serious? DAs decide whether to file charges, they don't do the research on which guns are legal. What, you think when a cop is searching a place, they call up the DA on the phone and go "Gee, i just found an Uzi with a banana clip, is this legal Mr. District Attorney?"

Dude...Wow. :34853_doh:
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:What kind of ridiculous theory is that, Hans? The cops just assumed the guns were legal? Are you serious? DAs decide whether to file charges, they don't do the research on which guns are legal. What, you think when a cop is searching a place, they call up the DA on the phone and go "Gee, i just found an Uzi with a banana clip, is this legal Mr. District Attorney?"

Dude...Wow. :34853_doh:

You didnt get my point. Whether or not the cops knew the guns were illegal is beside the point. Cops collect evidence and turn it over to the DA who decides if charges will be brought.

In other words, the cops wouldn't have covered up anything. It would have been whatever attorney got the evidence from the police. They probably sat on it for whatever reason until Aldon messed up again and the civil suit brought attention to the case.

And no, cops don't ask the DA for clarification on the law, but it's not their job to determine if you will be charged. The police investigate potential violations of the law. It is up to the "state" (DA in this case) to review the evidence and determine if criminal charges will be pursued. Sorry I wasn't more clear.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

• pmedic920 wrote:I am a gun guy, I've made no attempt to hide that fact around here. I live in Texas where we have fairly easy going gun laws. Having said that, every gun I own is legal and I've had to jump thru hoops backwards for some of them. Smith deserves whatever he gets if these allegations are proven true.

I am not a gun lover, but otherwise I agree with every word you said verbatim. Blatant disrespect for the law should never be taken lightly. Especially when it involves tools of mass death. Maybe he just think guns are cool, but I think for most of these guys, there's more to it. There's a masculinity aspect to it. I definitely wouldn't feel safer around someone with a gun if they only owned it to feel macho. Especially if that gun could unload a 30 round clip in a couple seconds. I just don't understand the "need" for a weapon like that- outside of a place like Somalia. Especially if you are worth millions of dollars. I just don't get it. What a pinhead.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• ClumsyLurk wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

You missed the point.
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• pmedic920"
    I am a gun guy, I've made no attempt to hide that fact around here. I live in Texas where we have fairly easy going gun laws. Having said that, every gun I own is legal and I've had to jump thru hoops backwards for some of them. Smith deserves whatever he gets if these allegations are proven true.

Not trying to debate gun laws, only stating that if he broke the law, he should pay the price.[/quote]

[quote="RolandDeschain wrote:
    If smiling in real life counts, then yes. If you want that kind of firepower, get the proper permits. Why should I not be amused by this?

He did get the proper permits, and obtained them with full compliance of the law, where he bought them. My issue here is two fold:

(1) The Bay Area has the most libtarded gun laws in the country, and even after they got even more restrictive, gun violence has ESCALATED. Why? Because gun regulations as they are currently formatted DO NOTHING to people who use them illegally, because they OBTAIN them illegally. Stricter gun laws are like stricter murder laws. Not really going to do anything to stop most murders.
    They need to focus on preventing criminals from getting them, not on preventing EVERYONE from getting them.

And why does that bother me, aside from Freedom/2nd Amendment concerns? Because this kid bought the guns legally, and in his ignorance, didn't see if they were legal in the Bay Area. A stupid, irresponsible move? Yes. Deserving of four years in prison? Only if you are a buffoon. It's UNJUST, pure and simple. Just like the case with Plaxico. Served around as much time for carrying a weapon that Vick served for brutally killing of dogs. His "crime" was only a crime because of his GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION. Justice SHOULD NOT depend on geographical location (except in rare circumstances where such regulations are reasonable). That is absurd, ethically speaking. It is unjust.

Yes, it is irresponsible to not update yourself on gun laws in a state when you *legally* bought them elsewhere. But are you people seriously saying it is deserving of FOUR YEARS IN PRISON? Surely you can't be serious.

California is packed with extremist leftist idiots. Hopefully this place isn't either (I'm also anti rightist idiots, just FYI).

(2) In most situations like this, charges ARE NOT FILED, because the subject in question is a key witness to illegal activity that happened at his party. There can only be one of two motivations for these charges. Either (a), the D.A. is trying to advance his career and make a name for himself, or (b) the D.A. doesn't want it to APPEAR that he's giving a celebrity special treatment. BOTH of these motivations REMOVE THE BLINDFOLD from the face of Lady Justice. Once again, unjust.

You are smirking because he is a 49er. Pretty lame, in my opinion. He needs help, but this guns incident shouldn't be this serious an issue. He wasn't going around shooting people. He bought them legally. He needs to grow up and be an adult, but morally his crime is not deserving of four years. In most cases, either the weapons are confiscated and nothing happens, or this gets plea bargained to a misdemeanor. I'm sure it will in this case, too, because thankfully people in Law are usually reasonable and use common sense, but if not, then this is a clear failure of the justice system.

If you can't take off your Seahawks mask enough to see how this is a retarded flaw in the justice system, you're either a far left nutwing, or a cruel, soulless dick.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Starter

• ^Someone is a little butthurt^. LMAO!

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Muahahahhahahahahhahaha
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Sports Hernia wrote:^Someone is a little butthurt^. LMAO!

I believe in the freedom *supposedly* guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment. I don't think this is the place to discuss it, but coming from someone who believes in gun rights, these laws in California, particularly the Bay Area, already chap my crew to no end. This is kind of ludicrous. It's extremists throwing up anything they can think of because they can't solve their gang problems. These laws are not deterrents. They are nothing but annoyances at best and serious traps at worst for people who wouldn't use guns in crimes. The entire gun regulation side of this debate needs to seriously step back and think about what they are trying to prevent, and figure out a method that actually has an effect. Look at gun crime in the Bay Area, and notice that even with gun laws getting more strict, more gun crimes are occurring. At what point does the bell go off and you realize, "gee, this isn't working?"

That this affects Aldon Smith is a secondary issue to me. Yes, it is important to me because of who he is, but it is more than that. AND I DO think he should get jail time, but FOUR YEARS? No. A month or two at best is what I would consider just for this, and the only reason I want him to serve some time is so that he finally gets a wake up call. But the possible penalty is absolutely absurdly unjust.

EDIT- let me hit you with an analogy. More people are killed by cars than guns, although the number is close. But DO you get four years in prison for driving without a license? Or even driving drunk? HELL NO you don't. And why? Cars can be just as dangerous. What's the deal here? It's an irrational fear, or it's political capital, and nothing else ("oooooh, guns are bad! Vote for me, I'll take care of them!")
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Starter

• 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:^Someone is a little butthurt^. LMAO!

I believe in the freedom *supposedly* guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment. I don't think this is the place to discuss it, but coming from someone who believes in gun rights, these laws in California, particularly the Bay Area, already chap my crew to no end. This is kind of ludicrous. It's extremists throwing up anything they can think of because they can't solve their gang problems. These laws are not deterrents. They are nothing but annoyances at best and serious traps at worst for people who wouldn't use guns in crimes. The entire gun regulation side of this debate needs to seriously step back and think about what they are trying to prevent, and figure out a method that actually has an effect. Look at gun crime in the Bay Area, and notice that even with gun laws getting more strict, more gun crimes are occurring. At what point does the bell go off and you realize, "gee, this isn't working?"

That this affects Aldon Smith is a secondary issue to me. Yes, it is important to me because of who he is, but it is more than that. AND I DO think he should get jail time, but FOUR YEARS? No. A month or two at best is what I would consider just for this, and the only reason I want him to serve some time is so that he finally gets a wake up call. But the possible penalty is absolutely absurdly unjust.

EDIT- let me hit you with an analogy. More people are killed by cars than guns, although the number is close. But DO you get four years in prison for driving without a license? Or even driving drunk? HELL NO you don't. And why? Cars can be just as dangerous. What's the deal here? It's an irrational fear, or it's political capital, and nothing else ("oooooh, guns are bad! Vote for me, I'll take care of them!")

you sure bitch alot about the place you live. Why dont you move? If it really is that important to you why dont you move away from all the extremists you hate so much? If you dont like the shithole you live in then you do what you gotta do to remove yourself from that shithole.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Annnnnnnd, 5 rusty rings just lost any credibility he may have had.

I can't believe he's trying to whip out the "But Mr. JFK Airport Customs Inspector, that heroin was legal where I bought it from in Amsterdam!" defense.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• He's not going to get 4 years just because that is a possibility, almost no one convicted of their crimes gets the maximum or even close. Even if convicted, which isn't even likely in my opinion, my guess would be he'd get probation or something with no jail time. I don't think having a gun in your possession that you legally bought in another state should cause you to automatically have jail time, but ignorance is not a good defense. There is no excuse for ignorance. I'd think if you have a large gun in your possession and you move, a smart person would check to make sure it is legal in your area. Same as Plaxico should have realized he didn't have a legal conceal and that is even ignoring that he also was incredibly negligent and luckily only injured himself in that incident. I also don't see the need for anyone to have guns of the nature found at Smith's place of residence as they serve no positive purpose, but that is a conversation no one wants to get in to. This is also not even including the fact that he was stabbed and multiple people were shot at his house at the party, which puts this well beyond just having a paperwork issue.

And 5_Golden_Rings, you more than anyone else in this thread is acting like the "extremist".
    Danger Zone
    Archer
    NET Rookie

• pmedic920 wrote:
    lvnginhwktwn wrote:

***K THE LAW. POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

Sly Stone circa 1974
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• 5 rings, you are a dope. Arizona's gun laws for "hunting" rifles are pretty much nonexistent. Whatever the minimum is for gun laws, that is what Arizona has. Which is why he bought them there. Regardless of your feelings on the 2nd amendment, your guy knew the law locally, so tried to get around the law. And let's not pretend Aldon is responsible enough to own a slingshot, he threw a party full of gangbangers and his new guns were on full display and apparently in the hands of the guests.

I love your complaining about how gun laws only put the most dangerous guns in the hands of criminals as you defend a player who by all accounts put his personal weapons in the hands of criminals.

The funniest part, Aldon brought a gun to a knife fight and still lost.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Ok..this is nuts.

DUDE BROKE THE LAW. Doesn't matter if we think the laws suck or not, most laws suck.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• Funny part is he's crying about us having on Seahawks glasses...when this guy went on a whole rant because of his 49ers spectacles.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Regardless of what teams glasses you're looking through I think its a shame what our country is coming to. The criminals have more rights than law abiding citizens. Aldon Smith F**ked up, for sure in more ways than one, when you live the life of celebrity you need to be more mindfull of laws. Not for me to pass judgment or decide his fate, I do however hope that whether he ever plays again or not that he grows up and gets his sh#t together.
    lvnginhwktwn
    NET Veteran

• lvnginhwktwn wrote:Regardless of what teams glasses you're looking through I think its a shame what our country is coming to. The criminals have more rights than law abiding citizens. Aldon Smith F**ked up, for sure in more ways than one, when you live the life of celebrity you need to be more mindfull of laws. Not for me to pass judgment or decide his fate, I do however hope that whether he ever plays again or not that he grows up and gets his sh#t together.

What criminal has more rights? What law-abiding citizen are we talking about? Cuz it sure as hell isn't Aldon.

I agree with your last sentence though. I'm a football fan. I might be laughing now, but I hope Aldon gets his life straight. He's too damn good to let it all go to waste
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information