Beavs and Cougs

razgriz737

Reaction score
I didn't see what Softy said (he's a blowhard), but I'm not really sure why WSU gets a pass to fly their flag just because they have a cute story. I wouldn't expect WSU fans to let us do the same thing.
:229031_shrug:

DohBoy

Reaction score
seahawk2k":t7he1a6s said:
He is living proof that the most obnoxious UW fans didn't even go to UW. The many alums I know are by and large pretty cool.
We all understand it's about geography and not institutional ties: Spend your whole life w/in 25 miles of where you first shit a diaper and you naturally grow up to be a Mutt fan.

I mean, how else do you explain a guy like Softy? Here's this loudmouth with a big ol' rack of titties, an A/A from a local community college and yet he's the biggest Husky Honk on earth. It's simply desperation to leach onto something...he's a chubby barnacle stuck to a once glamorous ship that sails on reputation alone.

Christ, I wouldn't be surprised if he drives a '91 IROC "Billy Joe" Camaro and still gets down with the smoove-grooves of "Purple Rain."

DohBoy

Reaction score
razgriz737":3pkg06tr said:
I didn't see what Softy said (he's a blowhard), but I'm not really sure why WSU gets a pass to fly their flag just because they have a cute story. I wouldn't expect WSU fans to let us do the same thing.

They've been doing it for so long, why should they have to adjust their tradition to appease the weak sensibilities of a cross-state rival?

Perhaps, instead of whining about the Cougs flying their flag, the Mutt fanbase ought to concentrate on the team at hand and the tens-of-thousands of obnoxious (and rightfully so) Duck fans screaming "9-AND-0" at Northern California University, Montlake.

Don't put your horses before the lawn mower, Mutt friends. You should have learned that lesson during the defeated season and at last year's Apple Cup.

mowin.0_standard_709.0.gif

Throwdown

Reaction score
JSeahawks":4wejlaq6 said:
Throwdown":4wejlaq6 said:
I hope any Cougar fan that shows up at UW's Game Day thing gets punched in the throat, just gonna put it out there.

You don't actually think gameday is there to see the Huskies do you?

Cougs and Huskies alike need to get out of the way so the ESPN crew can see the attraction they came to see.

You think they actually came to see Russell Wilson? I dunno man, the game on Saturday might be pretty good.

razgriz737

Reaction score
DohBoy":3dyit84g said:
razgriz737":3dyit84g said:

They've been doing it for so long, why should they have to adjust their tradition to appease the weak sensibilities of a cross-state rival?
Huh. I guess I didn't realize it was this big tradition. I didn't even know about it till I read this thread. I've never watched Game Day either though.

HawkWow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":kyd969id said:
pehawk":kyd969id said:
Is gameday here Saturday?

Yes sir.

Will you go and carry my sign for me? With a big O that says "Screw The Day, Win The Decade"?

I don't get it...what's the O stand for?

DohBoy

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":1cqx4ahc said:
Sweet, i will sport a shirt that says:

59 > 42

You can probably order them from the same online joint that sells those annoying "FIVE SUPER BOWL RINGS!!!" hoodies.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
You cant mention 9 years (players not even on your team today) and expect me not to come back with the full picture. We have played 105 times, 58 wins for UW and 42 wins for Oregon. Its history of games played directly between the two teams. You can take your 49ers argument elsewhere.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
DohBoy":oxqcjgcc said:
CallMeADawg":oxqcjgcc said:
Sweet, i will sport a shirt that says:

59 > 42

You can probably order them from the same online joint that sells those annoying "FIVE SUPER BOWL RINGS!!!" hoodies.

105 Apple Cups. 67 wins for UW, 32 for WSU. Apples to Oranges to compare Superbowls to games played yearly between the two teams.

Seriously you guys fail at rivalry. Rivalry != Championships.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":1ecdk3eo said:
You cant mention 9 years (players not even on your team today) and expect me not to come back with the full picture. We have played 105 times, 58 wins for UW and 42 wins for Oregon. Its history of games played directly between the two teams. You can take your 49ers argument elsewhere.

There's a heck of a big difference between a streak that is currently on going and what happened in 1948. Win this weekend and I wont get to mention the streak anymore.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Yeah never has the downfall and upward trend of one program versus the other occurred so quickly. Oregon has benefited from that, quite a bit.

Hawker

Reaction score
Should be a great game across the mountains. Hoping the tables turn this year and we start beating some Oregon teams. Halliday still scares me. Ball control, kid, ball control.

seahawk2k":1cvb36cm said:
...the most obnoxious UW fans didn't even go to UW. The many alums I know are by and large pretty cool.

Agreed.

DohBoy

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":i179hcmm said:
I think legacies are very important (Husky Honk Mode).

I don't think legacies are very important at all (Husky Honk in Seahawk Mode, dealing with a "Five Super Bowls" 49er Fan).
BTW, "Alabama," here's where we are in recent memory:

Wazzu is the last Washington school to play in a Rose Bowl.
Wazzu is the last Washington school to beat Oregon.
Wazzu is five-and-five in the last ten Apple Cups.
Wazzu is the reigning Apple Cup Champion.

Now it's your turn: Tell us (again) about those purple leather helmets, the Hindenburg and all those glorious wins of yesteryear. Oh, don't forget to include a description of how to do the "Lindy Hop."

PPqmqye

HawkWow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1by4yvv7 said:
HawkWow":1by4yvv7 said:
JSeahawks":1by4yvv7 said:
pehawk":1by4yvv7 said:
Is gameday here Saturday?

Yes sir.

Will you go and carry my sign for me? With a big O that says "Screw The Day, Win The Decade"?

I don't get it...what's the O stand for?

The number of wins for UW in the last decade.

How can that be, JSea?...

Sark gets us 7 wins a year, whether we need them or not. I'm kidding, I understand you meant against the big O. How time flies.

I have a serious question, you'd likely be able to answer, if you'd be so generous. I warn you, this is a bit crazy but.....

Let's say UW beats UO. Then UO beats Stanford and all 3 of us win out. How do they decide the the rep for the North? Does it go to SOS then pt differential? Just curious as to the formula they use to break this (unlikely) 3 way tie?
I thank you in advance.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
DohBoy":3465q6f5 said:
BTW, "Alabama," here's where we are in recent memory:

Wazzu is the last Washington school to play in a Rose Bowl.
Wazzu is the last Washington school to beat Oregon.
Wazzu is five-and-five in the last ten Apple Cups.
Wazzu is the reigning Apple Cup Champion.

Now it's your turn: Tell us (again) about those purple leather helmets, the Hindenburg and all those glorious wins of yesteryear. Oh, don't forget to include a description of how to do the "Lindy Hop."

Wazzu is the only Washington school that has not won a Rose Bowl since 1916, when Woodrow Wilson was President.
Wazzu did beat Oregon last. Good for you. This year will make 7 losses in row for you, keep the streak alive.
Wazzu is the only school proud of a 5-5 record in the last 10 Apple Cups. UW is 10-5 in the last 15. UW leads 67–32–6. See what I did there?
Wazzu and UW play next month, so enjoy your championship while you still can.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Who said we are proud? For all the chest beating superiority UW fans try and expel towards WSU, the last ten years have been a draw in the Apple Cup, and that's with Paul Wulff destroying this program for four years.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
seahawk2k":2d235gwf said:
Who said we are proud? For all the chest beating superiority UW fans try and expel towards WSU, the last ten years have been a draw in the Apple Cup, and that's with Paul Wulff destroying this program for four years.

Using it as a point of emphasis against the Dawgs would infer pride; especially when you are listing out accomplishments in the manner in which he did.