Check out Damon Huard's wiki page

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
HawkWow":3c9qho0d said:
Would you call Mariota better than Tui? I ask in all seriousness.

I know Tui was a stud but I don't remember him all that well so I cant answer the question.

In the current system that both UO and UW play Marcus Mariota is the perfect QB.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'm not over-rating Jake. He wasn't very good. But I think in the UO offense, he woulda killed. I'd more compare Mariota to Tui...was just having fun with JSea.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2xtayu0r said:
HawkWow":2xtayu0r said:

I know Tui was a stud but I don't remember him all that well so I cant answer the question.

In the current system that both UO and UW play Marcus Mariota is the perfect QB.

Tui would be as well. He was something else man... If you can bring yourself to do it, check out some of his highlights on YouTube.

HawkWow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":b4lsea90 said:
HawkWow":b4lsea90 said:

Agreed. Mariota is the man. Too early to call him better than Tui, IMO. Tui was unbelievable, but sometimes, not overly bright. Heart breaker.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
HawkWow":8vpj03ay said:
CallMeADawg":8vpj03ay said:
Best Husky QB: Warren Moon
Personal Favorite Husky QB: Mark Brunell
Honorable Mention: Sonny Sixkiller <- Seriously cool name. Good player too.
Worst Husky QB: Casey Paus

Any Ducks want to offer up theirs?

All things being equal...I'd actually put Price over Moon. In fact, Moon, as much as I loved the guy, wouldn't be in my top 5.

That's not to diminish Moon, it just says what a QB factory we've been. I believe 18 of our last 19 (excluding Montana) played in the NFL. Next year it'll be 19 of 20...and so it goes.

Um...

College Football Hall of Fame
NFL Hall of Fame

Just... NO.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If I could take one Husky and put him in the current Ducks offense it would be Napolean Kaufmann. I think that dude would kill it in this spread offense.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
JSeahawks":7nl0qnks said:
If I could take one Husky and put him in the current Ducks offense it would be Napolean Kaufmann. I think that dude would kill it in this spread offense.

Corey Dillon would as well.

My fav Dawg from those days is Steve Emtman.

HawkWow":7nl0qnks said:
Is Tui the QB coach at U-Dub now?

Sure is! :thirishdrinkers:

HawkWow

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":3gbgqd2s said:
HawkWow":3gbgqd2s said:
CallMeADawg":3gbgqd2s said:

All things being equal...I'd actually put Price over Moon. In fact, Moon, as much as I loved the guy, wouldn't be in my top 5.

That's not to diminish Moon, it just says what a QB factory we've been. I believe 18 of our last 19 (excluding Montana) played in the NFL. Next year it'll be 19 of 20...and so it goes.

Um...

NFL Hall of Fame

Just... NO.

With all respect, you're VERY wrong and it's not even close. Moon was very good at U-dub, but more myth than legend. Moons best year was probably not as good as Price's worst year. And Moon was on a better team. If Moon squeeks into our top 5, it's hype that gets him there. Research bro.

HawkWow

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":3n5cadz2 said:
JSeahawks":3n5cadz2 said:

Corey Dillon would as well.

My fav Dawg from those days is Steve Emtman.

HawkWow":3n5cadz2 said:
Is Tui the QB coach at U-Dub now?

Sure is! :thirishdrinkers:

Love the guy, but that's kinda' scary, actually.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
HawkWow":2wds9zro said:
CallMeADawg":2wds9zro said:
HawkWow":2wds9zro said:
CallMeADawg":2wds9zro said:

Um...

NFL Hall of Fame

Just... NO.

With all respect, you're VERY wrong and it's not even close. Moon was very good at U-dub, but more myth than legend. Moons best year was probably not as good as Price's worst year. And Moon was on a better team. If Moon squeeks into our top 5, it's hype that gets him there. Research bro.

Moon had a lot of adversity to fight through, especially given that he was a QB in a time where Black QB's weren't something people really looked at positively. At least not as much as they do today. I give Warren a lot of credit for that. Not many people can say they are in the NCAA Hall of Fame, NFL Hall of Fame, and the CFL Hall of Fame. He was an incredible QB, that does not get the respect he deserves.

HawkWow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":24v9n9ba said:

My #2 favorite Dawg. Yeah, he was something. I think he was benching 400 at 185 lbs. Deceptively strong, quick and awesome vision.

Like Dawg suggested, JSEA, try to find some tape on Tui. He woulda' been an absolute monster in your O....you'd give 2 Kaufman's for him (in your offense). Seriously.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
HawkWow":2j7rwi6k said:
JSeahawks":2j7rwi6k said:

My #2 favorite Dawg. Yeah, he was something. I think he was benching 400 at 185 lbs. Deceptively strong, quick and awesome vision.

Like Dawg suggested, JSEA, try to find some tape on Tui. He woulda' been an absolute monster in your O....you'd give 2 Kaufman's for him (in your offense). Seriously.

[youtube]P79j7Ikbx74[/youtube]

HawkWow

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":2602v085 said:
Um...

NFL Hall of Fame

Just... NO.

With all respect, you're VERY wrong and it's not even close. Moon was very good at U-dub, but more myth than legend. Moons best year was probably not as good as Price's worst year. And Moon was on a better team. If Moon squeeks into our top 5, it's hype that gets him there. Research bro.[/quote]

Moon had a lot of adversity to fight through, especially given that he was a QB in a time where Black QB's weren't something people really looked at positively. At least not as much as they do today. I give Warren a lot of credit for that. Not many people can say they are in the NCAA Hall of Fame, NFL Hall of Fame, and the CFL Hall of Fame. He was an incredible QB, that does not get the respect he deserves.[/quote]
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That's a lot of respect right there broham. Too much. I hope you don't take offense in me correcting you on a few things. You're my Dawg brother in here. ; ) The race card actually worked to Moons favor. As you suggested, there wasn't as many black QBs then. The few that were, were typically running QBs. So along comes this very well spoken, polite, handsome young black QB that could win within the pocket. That was all he needed to get him the accolades you mention above.

Please do go look at his numbers while at U-Dub. I am certain you will ask...HTF did Moon get into the college football HOF? It's because of what I just told you. keep in mind...I LOVED the guy. Probably watched him live half a dozen times and I doubt I missed a game on TV. There's a certain romance that goes with Warren Moon. Over time, people started believing he actually was our best. He wasn't.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
HawkWow":1u2u35gr said:
CallMeADawg":1u2u35gr said:
Um...

NFL Hall of Fame

Just... NO.

Moon had a lot of adversity to fight through, especially given that he was a QB in a time where Black QB's weren't something people really looked at positively. At least not as much as they do today. I give Warren a lot of credit for that. Not many people can say they are in the NCAA Hall of Fame, NFL Hall of Fame, and the CFL Hall of Fame. He was an incredible QB, that does not get the respect he deserves.[/quote]
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That's a lot of respect right there broham. Too much. I hope you don't take offense in me correcting you on a few things. You're my Dawg brother in here. ; ) The race card actually worked to Moons favor. As you suggested, there wasn't as many black QBs then. The few that were, were typically running QBs. So along comes this very well spoken, polite, handsome young black QB that could win within the pocket. That was all he needed to get him the accolades you mention above.

Please do go look at his numbers while at U-Dub. I am certain you will ask...HTF did Moon get into the college football HOF? It's because of what I just told you. keep in mind...I LOVED the guy. Probably watched him live half a dozen times and I doubt I missed a game on TV. There's a certain romance that goes with Warren Moon. Over time, people started believing he actually was our best. He wasn't.[/quote]

No offense taken Dawg bro. Watch this:

[youtube]LtzpP-5lkkQ[/youtube]

HawkWow

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":21ly6fwf said:
HawkWow":21ly6fwf said:
JSeahawks":21ly6fwf said:

Good stuff bro...very generous of you. They sure left a lot out, though. In fact, one of his greatest plays ever... ended with a fumble. But that was Tui. I thought I heard Manti Teo's girlfriend singing background on that cut. ; )

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":36y5f0f2 said:

I watched it, but its hard to get the feel for a player just based off of highlight tapes.

I didn't pay a ton of attention to UW back in those days, but when I think of Tui I think of a guy who was a great QB and great leader but he did it more on guts, instinct and toughness rather then with perfect QB skills and techniques. Sort of a Russell Wilson to Andrew Luck type comparision. With Tui being the RW type.

Kind of like Scott Frost, whos now the Ducks offensive coordinator, and was the same kind of QB back at Nebraska.

At least that's my memory of him, whether or not its accurate.