Check out Damon Huard's wiki page

pehawk

Reaction score
Nah, Tui would've been a great NFL QB. Just bad luck...with the Raiders at the worst time. I always figured the hatred ran so deep, that Gruden never attempted to get Tui to TB. Tui was to be Gruden's Golden Boy Heir Apparent to Gannon. Then, Al traded Gruden.

He was a sure thing, IMO.

HawkWow

Reaction score
That clip almost brought a tear to my eye. I realized 3 things I really miss:

1) Don James
2) Smacking the duck shit out of Oregon
3) The horse collar tackle.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
HawkWow":4wj7tjsy said:
That clip almost brought a tear to my eye. I realized 3 things I really miss:

1) Don James
2) Smacking the duck shit out of Oregon
3) The horse collar tackle.

Amen dude. More importantly - hot talking teams that think they are above UW, getting beat.

[youtube]fhTjtK2EcWc[/youtube]

HawkWow

Reaction score
pehawk":38196vta said:
Nah, Tui would've been a great NFL QB. Just bad luck...with the Raiders at the worst time. I always figured the hatred ran so deep, that Gruden never attempted to get Tui to TB. Tui was to be Gruden's Golden Boy Heir Apparent to Gannon. Then, Al traded Gruden.

From an athletic stand point for sure, but not so sure Tui was cerebral enough to excel as a top notch NFL QB for any extended period of time. Absolutely loved the guy, though. If you could marry the talents of Price and Locker, you'd get Tui.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
HawkWow":15vc45dd said:
pehawk":15vc45dd said:

From an athletic stand point for sure, but not so sure Tui was cerebral enough to excel as a top notch NFL QB for any extended period of time. Absolutely loved the guy, though. If you could marry the talents of Price and Locker, you'd get Tui.

Well said dude. :th2thumbs:

The QB of the future... Cyler Miles, is going to make Seattle a happy football town.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Didn't Tui throw a pic to end the game against UO in 2000?

drrew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":djxwne3q said:
CallMeADawg":djxwne3q said:
Kind of like Scott Frost, whos now the Ducks offensive coordinator, and was the same kind of QB back at Nebraska.

At least that's my memory of him, whether or not its accurate.

No, Tui was nothing like Scott Frost who didn't throw for more than 100 yards a game in college. Tui was a much better passer and didn't have near the production running Frost did (he prob went for 1k or more rushing his SR season when he scored a million TD's and Nebraska split the National Championship).

The closest comparison you'd get to someone around the Oregon program would be Jeremiah Masoli minus the felonies. Tui was light years ahead as a passer, but they had similar skills when running the ball and while Tui probably has a couple of inches on him, they were built similarly.