Oregon vs. Washington

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:45 pm
  • Maybe for some. I actually like Neuheisel. He's a funny dude and great on the Pac 12 network.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:45 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    HawkWow wrote: Why? What did we ever do to the Ducks to deserve the humiliation they crave to bestow upon us...why why why?

Kim Grimolds. Chris Fetters. And Ruth Robbins (I actually kinda like Ruth, but she's wacky when it comes to her Duck hatred).

They are the reason that most Duck fans (at least us message board nerd Duck fans) want to destroy UW. I love UW's new system. I like a lot of your players. I have fun yuckin it up with most of the UW fans on this board, most of y'all are good people. But I don't ever want either of those three that I mentioned to have the satisfaction of UW beating UO.

I do not know of these people. I think you already know my position on the subject. I'm not afraid of losing my Dawg cred by saying I think Oregon is the best team in the country. I have to go back in time, one more time, in saying that until the series is tied, or Oregon has more titles than us, I won't be the least bit upset if they win a Natty. I love football and Oregon is very entertaining. The ass-whuppins they've laid on us, we had coming. I am content in knowing our day will come again. Hopefully sooner than later. t's been rough.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:49 pm
  • Ohio State, IMO, is the best team in the NCAA.
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:51 pm
  • 1. Alabama
    2. Oregon
    3. LSU
    4. Ohio State
    5. Stanford/Clemson

In my opinion. But I think Ohio State and Louisville are the most likely to go undefeated, because of their cake walk schedules.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:56 pm
  • Here is mine:

1. Ohio State
    2. Alabama
    3. Oregon
    4. LSU
    5. Clemson
    6. Stanford
    7. Washington
    8. Miami
    9. Florida State
    10. Oklahoma State
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:57 pm
  • CallMeADawg wrote:
    cesame wrote:You've really said nothing to refute my argument. You're too caught up on the name of the Bowls and not the actual opponents.

How they got there? Ok..... but you basically laughed at Pac 12 championships, saying it was the game after that matters. If that's the case, again, Oregon clearly played against a more quality opponent. They didn't win the PAC 12? That's fine. Alabama didn't even win their division when they beat LSU for the title, let alone their conference. It's the game after that matters!

You still refuse to stick to a single side of it, wanting to have both side for your argument. It's not going to work. Just admit the Fiesta Bowl win was more impressive, because you certainly haven't made the case for the last years Rose Bowl.

Read what I wrote. Go do some research into how the bowl system is constructed. I am not going to respond further on those topics until you do so. Clearly you have some work to do in that area.

Here is why I chuckled at the 3 time Pac 12 Champions comment you made. You guys won in 2010, even though there wasn't an actual conference championship game at that point... but you had the best record at the end of scheduled conference play and rightfully so were Pac 12 champions. You then LOST the national championship. Thus... its the game after that matters. Now that we have a real conference title game, its a more crisp point to make. (i.e. play in the Pac12 CG, Win, Play Rose/NCG).

Note you also lost the Rose Bowl in 2009 (to Ohio State, no less) but in that year the Fiesta Bowl was played between the #4 TCU Horned Frogs and Boise State. Would you have preferred to play the Fiesta bowl that year? I am sure they would have LOVED to have you guys... Luckily your school is wiser about Bowl success than you seem to be.

I am not having "both sides" of an argument. I am refusing to think of a Fiesta Bowl win (no matter who you play) as a better end to a season than a Rose Bowl. That is absurd.

:34853_doh:
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:00 pm
  • Insightful response. Thanks.
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:00 pm
  • CallMeADawg wrote:Ohio State, IMO, is the best team in the NCAA.

That statement right there invalidates any credibility you might have had concerning college football.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:02 pm
  • CallMeADawg wrote:Insightful response. Thanks.

Tell me why I should continue responding to your double-sided argument?

Pick a side and stick with it, then MAYBE I'll continue this discussion.

That said I'd rather let it die. I've proven my points enough.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:03 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:
    CallMeADawg wrote:Ohio State, IMO, is the best team in the NCAA.

That statement right there invalidates any credibility you might have had concerning college football.

Not really. I really don't think Alabama is as good as the polls like to place them, also I believe they can easily knock off Oregon in a head-to-head match-up. My statement only validates two things:

1. I have an opinion.
    2. I do not think Alabama and Oregon are as good as other people think they are.

Point #1 being the most important. :)
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:06 pm
  • cesame wrote:
    CallMeADawg wrote:Insightful response. Thanks.

Tell me why I should continue responding to your double-sided argument?

Pick a side and stick with it, then MAYBE I'll continue this discussion.

That said I'd rather let it die. I've proven my points enough.

You proved that you do not "discuss" things, you do not read, digest and respond to things others say to you, and you have a pre-fabricated perspective you choose not to budge on. That's fine - just don't go around blaming it on some false double sided argument or other ways of attempting to invalidate the things presented to you by others.

Just say, hey this is my opinion and I am sticking to that. I can respect that. You have proven nothing though. I presented facts and data, you presented thoughts and opinions.

That is all.
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:08 pm
  • Lol. If that's what makes you feel better.

Now this is done.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:12 pm
  • LOL
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:38 pm
  • cesame wrote:I still need to see Washington play a quality opponent.

This, and I'm a UW fan!
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:00 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    cesame wrote:I still need to see Washington play a quality opponent.

This, and I'm a UW fan!

Agree.
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:23 pm
  • We've played a couple mid-level finesse teams. Teams designed to outscore their opponent and have that "whoever has the ball last" flavor to them. We won't know what we have until Stanford. Anxious to see if the O line and KP stands up to the increase in pressure.

I am certain we have a top 20 team this year, not certain where in that 20 we rightfully belong. Go Dawgs.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:50 pm
  • Progress is good though. I think our QB of the future, is going to turn some heads.
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:49 am
  • Funny that UW fans can't talk about the upcoming game. All they can do is bring up fake titles that some obscure organization handed out that no one cared about then, and no one cares about now.

But hey maybe someday when UO has 5 10 win seasons in a row and wins by an avg of 28 points a game, UW fans will give us credit. Because at the end if the day, that's all we really care about. :sarcasm_off:
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:19 am
  • CPHawk wrote:Funny that UW fans can't talk about the upcoming game. All they can do is bring up fake titles that some obscure organization handed out that no one cared about then, and no one cares about now.

But hey maybe someday when UO has 5 10 win seasons in a row and wins by an avg of 28 points a game, UW fans will give us credit. Because at the end if the day, that's all we really care about. :sarcasm_off:

This thread isn't about UW vs Arizona. That "obscure organization" is the NCAA. You Duck fans are aware that you play in the NCAA right?

:sarcasm_on: But hey, maybe someday UO will wake up and realize that Rose Bowls are better than Fiesta Bowls. I would give you guys credit if you could do that. :sarcasm_off:
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:56 am
  • the NCAA has never named UW champs in any men's sport. Rose bowls are average now, but keep that as your goal.

For the record, unlike you, I'm not trying to put UW down. They accomplished a lot under James, and shared a title(not NCAA) with Miami. UO would have done the same thing in 2010, but we have fixed that issue. UO played and lost in the title game. I'm ok with that, that's a great great season.

For the record some organization named QPRS gave their title to UW in 84, and in 90 some other no name rothman gave UW their title. Neither of which matters, it ranks right up there with being named champs by the Tacoma news tribune.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:46 pm
  • I get the feeling that "CallMeADawg" is Dawgso under a different name, changed the background, writes differently, but argument is exactly the same.

Here's what I don't get, UW fans seem to constantly demean Oregon's success, or attempt to not even acknowledge that it is actually success. Not just UW fans either, I was in Pullman this weekend for the WSU game talking to a fellow alumni about how much he hates Oregon, and that they are cheating in a way with Phil Knight. Silly argument, but its not solitary UW's.

Let's say UW beats Oregon next month, Husky Stadium will go absolutely crazy, and I'm willing to bet people will storm the field and the UW campus will party as well as they can. Softy will take the air in the postgame show choking back tears at the greatness of the moment, yada yada yada. It will be a lot of celebrating for a win against a non elite program.

I've never understood the need and desire to demean an opponent, when you beat them, it demeans the achievement of victory. It's ridiculous.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:52 pm
  • First, this is my only name on this board. I don't really post all that often, but I enjoy debate over college football. :) Oregon has been very successful over the last decade. I would never take that away from them. Their fans on the other hand, can pound sand.
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:25 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:the NCAA has never named UW champs in any men's sport. Rose bowls are average now, but keep that as your goal.

Really now? The NCAA has never named UW champs in any men's sport? That's a bold statement to make dude, and its horribly inaccurate. The NCAA credits Washington with 4 national championships for men's football. The Pac-12 does not recognize any poll-based championships. Perhaps that is what you meant to say? Or perhaps you were discrediting WA for its men's Rowing championships? (Of which it has won 16 times, and currently 3 years in a row... heh) but the NCAA doesn't govern those.

Rose Bowls are average? WTF?
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:53 pm
  • The NCAA football champs last year wasn't Alabama it was ND State.

And yeah welcome to 2013, the goal is to go to Miami this year, not the rose bowl. Next year it will be to go to the playoffs.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:12 pm
  • The Division I-AA champs were ND State. True story and GO BISON (and GO E. WA Eagles for that matter) Try looking at a NCAA Record Book sometime, the NCAA recognizes 4 Division I-A UW national championship titles. Now the funny and arguable part of it all is, they recognize more than one team in all of them, even the 1960 National Championship, which is noted for both the Minnesota Gophers and the Huskies, even though the Huskies beat the Gophers that year in the Rose Bowl. :)

Kind of glad they are moving to a real playoff system. the BCS and the Poll system is a joke. As of right now (this season) you play in the Pac-12 for the Rose Bowl, and if you play well enough, you look to the BCS National Championship game instead. As stated before, anything less is a consolation prize. The King of the Pac-12 will play in one of those two games. The rest play elsewhere.
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:27 am
  • This will be my first game at Husky Stadium since I wasn't able to attend this weekend (I figured I'd watch one W for sure ha). But I have watched all of UWs games.

This time we can keep up with Oregon. I still think the quacks have better personnel overall, but the divide is considerably smaller than just last year.

This is a winnable game at home.
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:58 am
  • seahawk2k wrote:I get the feeling that "CallMeADawg" is Dawgso under a different name, changed the background, writes differently, but argument is exactly the same.

I'm inclined to agree.

Either way, this guy is a grade A troll that should have gotten the axe already. The UW/Oregon game isn't for 3 weeks.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:14 am
  • SonicHawk wrote:This will be my first game at Husky Stadium since I wasn't able to attend this weekend (I figured I'd watch one W for sure ha). But I have watched all of UWs games.

This time we can keep up with Oregon. I still think the quacks have better personnel overall, but the divide is considerably smaller than just last year.

This is a winnable game at home.

Look at the offensive and defensive lines for the ducks. That's where they still have a huge advantage and where the game will be won. Uw has the skill players to compete, but not the guys in the trenches yet, IMO.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:17 am
  • ***Little Rant***

You'd think that the perfect forum to discuss this would be DawgMan. You know, where Quack and Mutt fans could engage each other in a heated thread that would be interesting for all Pac-12 fans to peruse.

That said, Kimmie Grinolds is a complete c___. I mean, he took his purple Nerf and ran home when he decided to make DawgMan a subscription-only forum; talk about a thin-skinned baby. Apparently, he couldn't handle being called out repeatedly due to his "sources" wrongly telling him Oregon was going to get hammered with NCAA sanctions. Now the little twat is posting garbage about Leach leaving Pullman for USC or Texas. If continually pulling stuff out of your ass and then attributing it to "anonymous sources" is sports jouranlism, Kimmie deserves a Murrow Award.

Of course, he does sell real estate for a living...which puts him just slightly above Saul Goodman (or Colin Kaepernick) on the DB food chain.

***Little Rant Over***
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:04 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    seahawk2k wrote:I get the feeling that "CallMeADawg" is Dawgso under a different name, changed the background, writes differently, but argument is exactly the same.

I'm inclined to agree.

Either way, this guy is a grade A troll that should have gotten the axe already. The UW/Oregon game isn't for 3 weeks.

A troll because I have an opinion on the matter? This thread spawned from another discussion and the Mod asked to have Oregon v Washington debates put into its own thread - thus why this is here.

I fail to see how any of this constitutes trolling.

Also, I am not that other poster.
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:42 am
  • Personally, I've found this thread to be entertaining. A bit surprised by the Oregon fan base complaining that we Dawg fans are not giving UO their due respect. I mean, it's Ducks vs. Dawgs, what would you expect? I hope the day never comes when the fanbase of the two teams sit around trying to out-do one another with flattery and compliments. That would just be creepy...and in some respects, disrespectful. When we no longer have this bitter rivalry, that will likely signal that one, if not both, of the teams are no longer a threat to each other. Sorta' the way I (now) feel about USC. They suck too badly to hate.

The above aside, I am probably as hardcore of a Dawg fan as anyone should care to be. I'm sick. But not so sick to where I can't identify the greatness of any given team. I've made it clear that THIS Dawg fan in particular, thinks UO is not only the best team in the country, but the most entertaining....by a long shot. Do I like the Ducks? HELL NO! I hate 'em. But they are the team to beat, IMO, and if that doesn't warrant respect, you are disrespecting the team for reasons aside from football, IMO.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:47 am
  • The issue is, just like with Dawgso, the thread isn't about the game, its about the posturing between the two programs and the constant attempt at illegitimizing the other program. Did I just make up the word illegitimizing? My spell check thinks so.

The UW argument "You have no history"
    The Oregon argument "All you have is ancient history"

Round and round we go. This should be a fascinating game, shame that the game itself always gets passed over and we get thread after thread of this bs. Isn't the Smack Shack for this kind of crap?
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:06 pm
  • seahawk2k wrote:The UW argument "You have no history"

It's sort of funny...

The 40-Whiner argument "You have no history"
    The Seahawk argument "All you have is ancient history"
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:09 pm
  • DohBoy wrote:
    seahawk2k wrote:The UW argument "You have no history"

It's sort of funny...

And both the ducks and the seahawks have a really legit chance to make history this year. I just hope at least one of them can do it. I'd prefer the seahawks, but would gladly take the ducks as well. Both of them winning it all would be unbelievable for me
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:12 pm
  • Best of luck to them, and I am looking forward to seeing them play in Seattle. (Both!)
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:42 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    DohBoy wrote:

It's sort of funny...

And both the ducks and the seahawks have a really legit chance to make history this year. I just hope at least one of them can do it. I'd prefer the seahawks, but would gladly take the ducks as well. Both of them winning it all would be unbelievable for me

Hm. As a huge Husky and Seahawk fan, this is where I disagree. I would take a UW National Championship over a Seahawk Super Bowl every time. I'm not exactly sure why, but it would mean a good deal more to me....and I would go CRAZY over a Super Bowl.
    Follow me on Twitter: @realchrisbrown5
    Backpack Rich
    ChrisB Bacon
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:08 pm
  • Yikes...

I'm taking the Super Bowl, after the darkness that was 2008 for Seattle sports, a Super Bowl would be the best thing to make us forget it.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:40 pm
  • ChrisB Bacon wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Hm. As a huge Husky and Seahawk fan, this is where I disagree. I would take a UW National Championship over a Seahawk Super Bowl every time. I'm not exactly sure why, but it would mean a good deal more to me....and I would go CRAZY over a Super Bowl.

I'm not a UO grad though. That might make me feel different. I'm just a fan.

Seahawks are my passion and my obsession. Ducks are just like a really fun hobby

Fun stat that I just came across: Marcus Mariota in his last 10 games has 32 touchdowns (24 passing, 8 rushing) and only 1 interception.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:41 pm
  • A Seahawks win in a Super Bowl is the absolute apex of things I want to happen in sports. WSU could win 10 National Titles in a row, the Super Bowl would still be sweeter.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:48 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    ChrisB Bacon wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Seahawks are my passion and my obsession. Ducks are just like a really fun hobby

Fun stat that I just came across: Marcus Mariota in his last 10 games has 32 touchdowns (24 passing, 8 rushing) and only 1 interception.

I don't go to UW either. I play baseball at a CC in the Seattle area.

I have been going to games since I was born, though. And they're my real passion. Hawks are too, but Dawgs are #1.
    Follow me on Twitter: @realchrisbrown5
    Backpack Rich
    ChrisB Bacon
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:22 pm
  • ChrisB Bacon wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    ChrisB Bacon wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

I don't go to UW either. I play baseball at a CC in the Seattle area.

I have been going to games since I was born, though. And they're my real passion. Hawks are too, but Dawgs are #1.

My grandfather has multiple masters degrees from UW, and served as the Dean of Admissions for decades. My father, and my aunts all graduated from UW. I have an AA in Business from BC and start at UW in Fall 2014. I am not a kid (34 years old) but when I decided to go to school, there was no other place I wanted to go than UW. It's literally in my blood to be a Dawg, hate Cougars, and despise Ducks. :)

Thus, if folks took my comments as being highly negative toward Oregon. You know why now. I was raised that way. GO DAWGS!
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:43 pm
  • BC = Boston College?
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:53 pm
  • Like a sizeable portion of UW fans, I bet the "BC" this gentlemen is referring to is Bellevue Community College, now known as "Bellevue College" as his place of prior education.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:20 pm
  • Correct, Bellevue College.
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:22 pm
  • I didn't realize the name was different, anyways congrats man.
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:20 pm
  • ChrisB Bacon wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    DohBoy wrote:

It's sort of funny...

I wrestle with this every minute I'm awake. Extra tough year, because this is the first Hawk team that I love as much as the Dawgs....at least this minute. Yeah today it's the Hawks / SB. But that could change here in a few hrs. I suppose the reality factor sometimes straightens out my emotions. I think the Hawks have about a 33% chance of winning it all and the Dawgs about a 3% chance. So there's that.

I just paused before submitting to see if the new minute brought a change of heart. It didn't. So 2 minutes in a row, I'm down with the Hawks. I think it's partially because this Hawk team is so young and Carroll brings a college like excitement to the field. This is likely why this is by far my favorite Hawk team of all time. This is not my favorite Dawg team, by far, so there's that too. I'm just sorta' rambling now. Please carry on.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:15 pm
  • The Hawks have my attention as far as excitement around winning it all goes. UW I have higher expectations for this year, and that will quickly escalate if they knock off Stanford, and if they manage to beat Oregon in Seattle... My friends will never see me on weekends ever again (unless they come here to watch games!)
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:38 pm
  • If we beat Stanford, you will likely hear my voice the first time we take the lead vs Oregon....and I'm several thousand miles away. ; )

IF we beat Oregon, we will no longer have to pick between Natty and SB, both would be a possibility. ; )

Oh...back TF off, people. Yes, I am being delusional. So what? If you spent your Friday night the way I did mine, you'd be loopy, too. No prisoners, no apologies. ; )
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:42 pm
  • HawkWow wrote:If we beat Stanford, you will likely hear my voice the first time we take the lead vs Oregon....and I'm several thousand miles away. ; )

IF we beat Oregon, we will no longer have to pick between Natty and SB, both would be a possibility. ; )

Oh...back TF off, people. Yes, I am being delusional. So what? If you spent your Friday night the way I did mine, you'd be loopy, too. No prisoners, no apologies. ; )

*note to self* Put in my ear plugs in 2017 so I don't need to hear HawkWow.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:47 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    HawkWow wrote:If we beat Stanford, you will likely hear my voice the first time we take the lead vs Oregon....and I'm several thousand miles away. ; )

*note to self* Put in my ear plugs in 2017 so I don't need to hear HawkWow.

Healthy dose of UO arrogance. :stirthepot:
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:49 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information