Margus Hunt

pehawk

Reaction score
Since everyone points out when English misses, lets point out one where I think he got it right. I think Hunt's going to be a stud. And, I originally HATED his tape.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I never trusted the guy's instincts. He can block kicks, but with the inexperience and gangly body can he get pressure?

I'm cautiusly optimistic but think a good defense could make him look rreally good but if he were on a bad defense he would look really bad. Maybe he's another Chris Clemons?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
What sold me, oddly enough, is Hard Knocks. His personality and smarts swayed me. I thought a lack of instincts AND a language barrier spelled doom for him. But, he's a VERY bright guy. A few times other teammates have commented to him "you have no idea how strong you are, do you?" on the show.

His tape was awful. He looked clueless. But, you pair his tools and smarts with a year or two under Zimmer? Sky's the limit, IMO.

kearly

Reaction score
I wish him the best, but I don't think he'll amount to much. He's an impressive, fluid athlete, but not the freak of nature he was made out to be during the draft process. Though he did block a ton of kicks. So does Red Bryant, though.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Oh, and I guess I should preface this with theENGLISH had Hunt as a projected 1st round pick for the Hawks, once. I have no idea how he rated him.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I will add this: The one thing that is almost impossible to see from college games is how good or shitty the coaching a guy is getting may be. I know scouts ID schools by quality of coaching, but it's kind of hard for a dumb amateur like me to look at a couple of games and tell if a guy is being used correctly.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I know Scotte, which makes this even odder. You raved about the SMU staff, you love em.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
But I hated Margus Hunt.

Do you think my idol, Tim Ruskell, has a poster of Merlin Olsen above his bed?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Ruskell don't pitch flowers. Ruskell's more a dad from Webster guy. Or, Hunter?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Merlin Olson: Mormon who never lifted weights. Pure Ruskell. Though I do picture him as an SS guard.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I'd buy stock in any player getting coached up by Zimmer.