2013-14 EPL Season

TwilightError

Reaction score
Uncle Si":a0kyb2rf said:
so the debate begins... whats more annoying.. Arsenal fans and their persisent battle with themselves for credibility or Chelsea fans and their persistent apathetic ignoring of the fact they are the worlds most hated club

Ignoring? I cherish the fact that everyone hates us. Its even better when we win because it pisses everyone else off :D

Btw. I know Arsenal is paying their stadium loan and therefore does not want to spend money and I guess that is understandable from the club perspective. But why would any player want to go into that situation? 'Come to us, youll help us pay a loan', when some other club will say 'Come to us, youll help us win silverware'. Its no wonder that they tried to sign everyone in the summer but were unable get them.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwilightError":28nlione said:
Uncle Si":28nlione said:
so the debate begins... whats more annoying.. Arsenal fans and their persisent battle with themselves for credibility or Chelsea fans and their persistent apathetic ignoring of the fact they are the worlds most hated club

Ignoring? I cherish the fact that everyone hates us. Its even better when we win because it pisses everyone else off :D

Btw. I know Arsenal is paying their stadium loan and therefore does not want to spend money and I guess that is understandable from the club perspective. But why would any player want to go into that situation? 'Come to us, youll help us pay a loan', when some other club will say 'Come to us, youll help us win silverware'. Its no wonder that they tried to sign everyone in the summer but were unable get them.

I applaud your enthusiastic acceptance of being a c**t.

seriously, there are like 12 kids that I coach (12-18) that are all Chelsea fans and I want to drop them in training (there just too damned fast to catch)

Arsenals management is like the girl that wont put out... i mean yeah its great she will let you go up her shirt every night, but she'd be damned if its going any further. (Chelsea's management is like hooking up with a hot chick, hitting it on the first night, then waking up with crabs)

i'm funny as hell today

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
I applaud your enthusiastic acceptance of being a c**t.

seriously, there are like 12 kids that I coach (12-18) that are all Chelsea fans and I want to drop them in training (there just too damned fast to catch)

Arsenals management is like the girl that wont put out... i mean yeah its great she will let you go up her shirt every night, but she'd be damned if its going any further. (Chelsea's management is like hooking up with a hot chick, hitting it on the first night, then waking up with crabs)

i'm funny as hell today

Hilarious.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Uncle Si":awo5xtjh said:

I shudder to think what type of girl Hull City is. I'm guessing that they look a fair bit like their manager, though.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Hawkspur":1frrshkj said:
Uncle Si":1frrshkj said:

I shudder to think what type of girl Hull City is. I'm guessing that they look a fair bit like their manager, though.

you've seriously got something against Hull City, or maybe it's just their manager.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I really disliked Phil Brown last time around, probably irrationally, but Bruce takes it to another level. Being an Arsenal fan you'll be familiar with a good whingey post-match interview, but Arsene has nothing on Steve 'I'm not one to vomplain about the referee, but...' Bruce. Every single time they lose.

Drives me nuts.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawkspur":1wtmovr2 said:
I really disliked Phil Brown last time around, probably irrationally, but Bruce takes it to another level. Being an Arsenal fan you'll be familiar with a good whingey post-match interview, but Arsene has nothing on Steve 'I'm not one to vomplain about the referee, but...' Bruce. Every single time they lose.

Drives me nuts.

Hull city is like those desperate nights where you sneak off to the ugly neighbors house after drinking... And she gets pregnant. Now you're stuck with an ugly girl as n ugly kid and don't want anyone to know....

Liverpool is that hot girl you marry young.... Then she stops putting out... Like for good. Maybe an occassional back rub that gets your hopes up but eventually goes nowhere. but you never lose hope that she may again one day. (and you can't quite shake the feeling she's cheating on you)

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":22r1otpp said:
Hawkspur":22r1otpp said:

Drives me nuts.

Hull city is like those desperate nights where you sneak off to the ugly neighbors house after drinking... And she gets pregnant. Now you're stuck with an ugly girl as n ugly kid and don't want anyone to know....

Liverpool is that hot girl you marry young.... Then she stops putting out... Like for good. Maybe an occassional back rub that gets your hopes up but eventually goes nowhere. but you never lose hope that she may again one day. (and you can't quite shake the feeling she's cheating on you)

And according to Wenger, Arsenal is like the guy that tries to ask out a hot girl, but she chooses someone else.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Overslept and missed the majority of Arsenal's win over Fulham. I did manage to catch the last 30 minutes. What I saw was a bit encouraging, Arsenal didn't seemed phased by any of Fulham's attacks, they were unfortunate to concede, but I saw that coming when Berbatov got in the box with Bent standing far post. Podolski was very good today going in attack and defended when he was needed, and Giroud continued his fine goal scoring form to start this season(3 in 3, 11 overall counting the preseason), also I never realized it but a DM article pointed out that all of Olivier's EPL goals for Arsenal have come in London. Hopefully the club makes a signing, or 2-3, by next Sunday in time for the NLD, probably will be boosted by Koscielny's return from suspension.

One other side note, some Fulham fans might've been pissed off at BT Sport because this would be the view they had of the match:
Article 0 1B710B4B000005DC 425 634x482

I then watched Sunderland vs Southampton, I think the Black Cats got lucky they left St Mary's Stadium with a draw as the Saints were well worth 3 points and it was amazing it took them till the 89th minute to finally score their only goal.

I also caught the Liverpool match and I think everyone can agree that Liverpool probably should be calling themselves lucky for the 2nd week in a row, last week with that last minute penalty save preserved the win over Stoke, and that entire 2nd half this week where it almost felt like Villa scoring would've been a given. The Reds did deserve the 3 points with how they held off the Villains in the 2nd half, but they probably would've accepted the draw if they had failed to do that.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2hmkviky said:
I wouldn't say 'lucky'. We scored a goal and defended well enough not to concede both weeks. Of course I'd like to see us score more and be more dominant, but that will come in time. I'm happy with maximum points so far to start the league.

Liverpool did good enough to get the wins against Villa and Stoke, but if not for some good fortune(big saves by Mignolet), they'd have 2 points and not 6.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Liverpool wins and Everton draws, (again) great footballing day. Mingolet looking like a value at 9 million, Toure also a steal.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Good goalkeeping isn't lucky... And to say Mignolet saved two points against Stoke is ignorant to Begovics 13 saves.

Hard fought three points for the Reds. Not a pretty win but one we hadn't seen off in a few years to be honest.

Let's get a player in here! Would live to add a winger or cm right as Suarez returns

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2ypnuvbe said:
Good goalkeeping isn't lucky... And to say Mignolet saved two points against Stoke is ignorant to Begovics 13 saves.

Hard fought three points for the Reds. Not a pretty win but one we hadn't seen off in a few years to be honest.

Let's get a player in here! Would live to add a winger or cm right as Suarez returns

Well that Benteke strike(more like rocket) looked like it should've gone in but it appeared Toure got the slightest of slight touches with his toe and took enough pace off it to give Mignolet a chance to save it.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Gatehawk":2p7k245g said:
Uncle Si":2p7k245g said:

Well that Benteke strike(more like rocket) looked like it should've gone in but it appeared Toure got the slightest of slight touches with his toe and took enough pace off it to give Mignolet a chance to save it.

Stop worrying about our keeper, and worry about your average one.

I think Liverpool needs a quality wide player and a quality CB to rest Agger and Toure, so we don't run them into the ground. Anything additional in the window would be icing on the cake.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":2k5qrboy said:
Stop worrying about our keeper, and worry about your average one.

I think Liverpool needs a quality wide player and a quality CB to rest Agger and Toure, so we don't run them into the ground. Anything additional in the window would be icing on the cake.

You mean the one who made a quickfire double save on Taraabt and Duff? I constantly say that Szczesny is one of the best clutch keepers in the EPL, his problem is that he has a bad habit of becoming complacent without a challenge to push him. Saying Wojciech is average is kind of a foolish statement.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":fzctuz5k said:
4 goals conceded in 2 games.

2 from the PK spot(technically), 1 off a rebound he couldn't do much about and a breakaway goal.