Rams Trade for Bucs S Barron

kidhawk

Reaction score
According to Schefter. If the sources are true that would make two trades by the Bucs at the deadline

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/527188465902166016[/tweet]

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
looks like it's no longer a rumor

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/527189059945648128[/tweet]

arghawkfan

Reaction score
I remember JS and PC being very high on Barron in the 2012 Draft. Rams needed him after their rash of injuries last game...nice pickup, looking forward to hearing about compensation

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Looks like a 4th and 6th rounder according to Schefter

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/527191106203975680[/tweet]

Rat

Reaction score
Big steal for the Rams. I would have been all over that, even without us having a need for a safety. Barron has been disappointing, but I think we could have gotten a lot more out of him the the Bucs did.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Barron can be a very good player. TB appears to be dumping him because he isn't suited for Lovie's cover-2 system. But as an in-the-box safety, he's very valuable. Maybe not the best cover guy, but this guy can be a terror around the LOS.

I dunno -- feels like a good move for St. Louis and just something TB had to do because they have a coach with an inflexible scheme, which he can't seem to adapt around good players. Would be more justifiable if Lovie's days in TB felt more assured than they do now.

pehawk

Reaction score
Rat":46r8z1hi said:
Big steal for the Rams. I would have been all over that, even without us having a need for a safety. Barron has been disappointing, but I think we could have gotten a lot more out of him the the Bucs did.

I would've too.

jake206

Reaction score
Wish the hawks made a similar move. 4th and 6th is a pittance. Can you imagine having a dime package with Barron and Kam.

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
Well, IDK what to think. I know he doesn't help the interior of their OL that was playing back ups in all three spots by the end of the game. Only the Rams, man.

jake206

Reaction score
If they made the trade, Hawks would have had an Earl, a Chancellor and a Baron. Talk about a royal backfield.

RedAlice

Reaction score
ringless":b9mx72ua said:
Looking forward to hearing Redalice's thoughts!

I'm happy. Looks like a great trade - granted he has not played well in Tampa, but that seems to be a bad scheme fit so I will be optimistic on him fitting in better w the Rams. (Now, if he can manage to get a personal foul sometime in the first quarter he plays, then I will know it is a perfect fit. :D )

I'm guessing he takes over at FS and McDonald moves somewhere else. I saw somewhere that he's better at covering TE's and hasn't been given opportunties to play in a scheme that fits him. So, let's see what he can do.

Rams should also be getting back Tru soon. Maybe they finish with a decent secondary looking towards next year.