Remember Margus Hunt

jake206

Reaction score
Big Estonian 6'8'' DE who had unreal quickness and was almost drafted by the Seahawks. Okay maybe not. But guy is tearing it up for Bengals...2nd in sacks for the preseason with 4 sacks.

endzorn

Reaction score
He was one of those guys who tests a GMs draft philosophy. He was a monster blocking kicks and he was an absolute athletic freak of nature, but he appeared to have the football instincts of a walnut. I didn't want Seattle to take him early, but he had that Konz quality where he was so athletic that you almost had to take a chance.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
jake206":16ykm0ix said:
Big Estonian 6'8'' DE who had unreal quickness and was almost drafted by the Seahawks. Okay maybe not. But guy is tearing it up for Bengals...2nd in sacks for the preseason with 4 sacks.

How was he, "almost drafted by the Seahawks?"

Hawks46

Reaction score
endzorn":nhdqb1la said:
He was one of those guys who tests a GMs draft philosophy. He was a monster blocking kicks and he was an absolute athletic freak of nature, but he appeared to have the football instincts of a walnut. I didn't want Seattle to take him early, but he had that Konz quality where he was so athletic that you almost had to take a chance.

Agreed. Think he went in the 2nd round, and I could've seen the Hawks maybe grabbing him 3rd or 4th round. I'm not sure how he'd fit on our DL though.....he didn't have the rep to play the run as well as we'd like our 5 tech to, and LEO would be too much of a learning curve for a guy that was already pretty raw (see: Irvin, Bruce).

It's preseason, so he hasn't shown it in the regular season yet, but he's young. I had an inkling if he went to a traditional 4-3 team with a good DL coach he'd pan out. There were teams considering him at DE in a 3-4 ,which would kill his NFL career.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":32r1hoet said:
jake206":32r1hoet said:

Well, he was in the draft that year, and the Hawks had some picks in some of the rounds. :roll:

Basis4day

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":12t9egga said:
jake206":12t9egga said:

Only needed for him to drop from the 2nd to the 7th and the might have.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
He's what, 29 years old now?

Let's see him do something in the regular season before he's 30 before proclaiming anything.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
DTexHawk":y6gkt0nh said:
CurryStopstheRuns":y6gkt0nh said:
jake206":y6gkt0nh said:

Well, he was in the draft that year, and the Hawks had some picks in some of the rounds. :roll:

He went before our second round pick. What a waste of the eye roll emoticon.

Spounge84

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1n3pjudh said:
He's what, 29 years old now?

Let's see him do something in the regular season before he's 30 before proclaiming anything.

He turned 27 about a month and a half ago.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":3mpv3bxm said:
DTexHawk":3mpv3bxm said:
CurryStopstheRuns":3mpv3bxm said:
jake206":3mpv3bxm said:

He went before our second round pick. What a waste of the eye roll emoticon.

I was picking on jake, not you.

But thanks anyway.