Cowboys send playoff tickets to season-ticket holders

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
:hmmmm: :16:

Untethered to reality, space and time, the Dallas Cowboys are at it again.

'Boys season-ticket holders opened mailboxes this week to find their annual batch of preseason and regular-season vouchers packaged alongside a "sheet of playoff tickets, including a ticket for the NFC Championship Game," according to ESPN.com's Darren Rovell.

NOTE: This is something no NFL team has ever done.

"It's a convenience for our season-ticket holders to have everything in one package," said Brett Daniels, the Cowboys director of corporate communications. "It's an evolution to be fan-friendly. They have their tickets online and if we clinch a playoff berth they go to the computer and click they want the tickets."

To be fair, Brian Lafemina, the NFL's senior vice president of club business development, told ESPN.com that he expects more teams to follow suit.

"It's operationally efficient for the teams, and it's convenient for the fan," Lafemina said. "There are times when teams don't know if they are hosting a playoff game until a week before, and doing this helps eliminate some of the friction that exists among the teams and fans. This dovetails nicely with our new policy. If a fan says they will pay if a game is played, the team can now charge that fan and the ticket is already in hand."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... tl_sessler

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Which team do they go get to see? It never specifies, but since the Cowboys defense may give up 10,000 yards of total offense this year, those tickets sure aren't to Jerry's world.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Weird. Dallas has a memento of something that will never happen, and the Seahawks fans have NO memento of the NFC Champ game. A lame printed ticket and or a green ticket master ticket.

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
After rereading this. You will also be initially charged for the tickets. So it will be more upfront cost. It might not matter to some fans. But to others, it will.

I guess we'll see if this concept sticks or not next year. :3-1:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jerry Jones is reaching the Al Davis level of senility. I hope he lives to the ripe old age of 200 and is running that crap franchise every minute of his life! :th2thumbs:

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Bahahaha. I don't know of a single Cowboy fan who even thinks they're going to the playoffs this year :lol:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Wow. I wonder how they are going to feel after meeting up with Santa Clara in week 1.

Heh.. now I want Aldon Smith to not get suspended at all so he can be there to give Romo some love. Brooks too.

This ticket thing actually happened. WTH? Jerrah is losing it. I had Dallas as kind of a dark horse deal, sneaking in, but that was just a big reach.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":zl18srt1 said:
Bahahaha. I don't know of a single Cowboy fan who even thinks they're going to the playoffs this year :lol:
I do! I work with him. He likes talking about 5 antique trophies A LOT. He tried to buddy up with the contracted out niner fan, who said "you're on your own pal!"......

Throwdown

Reaction score
Cowboy fans are like laker fans, no matter how bad the team is they're always gonna make the playoffs if you ask them.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Throwdown":3p1tbqpq said:
Cowboy fans are like laker fans, no matter how bad the team is they're always gonna make the playoffs if you ask them.
LOL, good comparison! :th2thumbs:

TAB420

Reaction score
Dallas wishes they were like the Lakers. Somehow the Lakers build a championship team every ten years or less. Dallas, not so much.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Throwdown":2pldiaw0 said:
Niner fans do that every year too. I mean EVERY year. Even in 2005.

Latest posts