Tickets to KC-Mia in Frankfurt

RiverDog

Reaction score
A friend of mine and I thought it might be fun to travel to Frankfurt, Germany and watch the Chiefs-Dolphins game. I signed up for the public ticket sale that was held by Ticketmaster DE this AM. They sent me a code and a link to enter the 'room' for the sale, and when the time came, they issued at random spots in the queue to everyone in the room at the time.

A few minutes after getting notified that I had successfully entered the queue, I got my number: there were 1,478,800 ahead of me. That number gradually drifted down, and in about 15 minutes when it was just above 1,400,000, they sent a message saying that all the tickets had been sold.

I wonder how many people were actively trying to buy tickets.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'd be more interested to know how many of those "people" were in fact bots for resellers
Yea, me, too. They had some preventative measures, like emailing you a code in order to access the "room" and you had to duplicate some characters once you got in. Reports are that it was over 1 million people trying to get tickets. The stadium is relatively small, seats just 48,000.

flv2

Reaction score
There's a huge market for NFL games in Germany. The NFL could sell out 8 games in the UK with no problems. It won't be long before the market in Germany outstrips the market in the UK. Obviously there would have been a huge number of 'bogus' entries on the current ticket system. If it was all done on-line then people could have logged on with multiple accounts from multiple devices. I'm surprised they're using small stadia but there's always a limitation of Autumn/Winter dates for large venues.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
There's a huge market for NFL games in Germany. The NFL could sell out 8 games in the UK with no problems. It won't be long before the market in Germany outstrips the market in the UK. Obviously there would have been a huge number of 'bogus' entries on the current ticket system. If it was all done on-line then people could have logged on with multiple accounts from multiple devices. I'm surprised they're using small stadia but there's always a limitation of Autumn/Winter dates for large venues.
I agree. In 2018 when I went to London to watch the Hawks and Raiders, we went to a pep rally of sorts at a bar at the base of London Bridge. It was one of those things where you had to share tables and we were joined by two young girls that had flown in from Germany for the game. Both spoke perfect English and were huge Seahawk fans, excited to finally get to see them.

It's a random sampling for sure, but after seeing how they've gone so bananas here recently, it seems to have been pretty representative.