SI scam: Has anyone recieved their football or book?

Rainger

Reaction score
I fell for that SI Superbowl subscription scam. I know many of you did too which is why I am asking you your experience. Since I gave them my money all I received was the DVD, which I already had from a Pro Shop purchase.

I continue to get crap magazines with nothing in them but I have never received any of the other goodies they promised.
I don't even remember all the things I was supposed to get but I think there was a football and a book.

I have sent 3 emails to SI asking about the promotion and they have never responded to me. In fact they don't even acknowledge that they have received my emails.

Have any of you received any of the goodies OTHER THAN THE DVD?

If not what can we all do to expose this scam and get the info out on the web that SI is a fraud?

Basis4day

Reaction score
Got my DVD a little over a month ago IIRC. The book came last week. Still waiting on the football.

When did you order the package? My receipt says allow 6-12 weeks for delivery of the gifts from date of purchase. Have you tried calling them?

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Same, BluRay arrived a while ago and book arrived last couple of weeks... Still no Football.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
And they have also sold your info to other marketing firms. Here comes more junk mail, phone calls, and special offers!

Suckers.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
I ordered mine the day after the super bowl. received my DVD a while back and got the book last week. Still no football.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Basis4day":5u4xgukc said:
Got my DVD a little over a month ago IIRC. The book came last week. Still waiting on the football.

When did you order the package? My receipt says allow 6-12 weeks for delivery of the gifts from date of purchase. Have you tried calling them?

I ordered it the first day I saw it advertised . probably the 1st or 2nd day it was offered. No book no football.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":ft40gzyu said:
And they have also sold your info to other marketing firms. Here comes more junk mail, phone calls, and special offers! Suckers.
The worst offenders of this are Facebook and Google. I get a Facebook spam email every other day, because I refuse to join facebook but they got my email address somehow. I also get a phone call from Google trying to get me to take some free something they are offering. Those calls are between 4 and 6 times a week.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Sounds like those little kids in Bangladesh better start sewing those pigskins faster or there are going to be some angry SI subscribers.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Got the blu ray, and finally received the book last week. Still no football though.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
rainger":3miioz04 said:
I also get a phone call from Google trying to get me to take some free something they are offering. Those calls are between 4 and 6 times a week.
You really get phone calls that often? I get them occasionally. I found out my smartphone has a block function. Any time I get a solicitation, that number gets blocked. I'm sure that wouldn't stop a persistent telemarketer, but it makes me feel good, and it just might slow them down.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rainger":1g2dki6s said:
Well I have auto rejected now over 12 numbers from Google. Every other day they call with a new number from all over the states.
The only reasons I didn't subscribe to that SI offer, I heard from a Ravens fan they had to wait quite awhile to get all their stuff last year, and I would be getting that crappy rag for a year. Hope you guys get all the XLVIII champions swag you got coming soon!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
rainger":21tnh397 said:
Tech Worlds":21tnh397 said:
And they have also sold your info to other marketing firms. Here comes more junk mail, phone calls, and special offers! Suckers.
The worst offenders of this are Facebook and Google. I get a Facebook spam email every other day, because I refuse to join facebook but they got my email address somehow. I also get a phone call from Google trying to get me to take some free something they are offering. Those calls are between 4 and 6 times a week.

I am on facebook and they press the issue a lot. They want 'as a security feature' to get my phone number which will be kept 'secure' and not be bothered by anyone. I call BS on that. They just want another way to bother me with their advertisements. Aint gonna happen. I keep getting one call from Orlando...I just ignore it because it changes every year. Only the phone number, not the BS.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I just got a postcard in the mail today from SI saying they were sorry for the delay on my free gift and it would be shipping within 30 days. I've received the DVD and book already.