What (if anything) would you trade for Andre Johnson?

Throwdown

Reaction score
Before the draft? Almost anything, dudes been one of my favorite non hawks for awhile.

After the draft, I think we're good.

seabrah

Reaction score
Noone. he's 32 and I don't want to get older and at the same time trade picks that will make it more difficult to get younger in the future.

JZ#1

Reaction score
What is his contract situation like? I assume he is getting paid a lot and in that case, why add an aging receiving who is likely on their decline? I'd rather just keep taking care of our guys and building through the draft.

kf3339

Reaction score
There have been several top WR's that been traded for late round picks the last few years. If he is truly wanting out and refuses to show up for the camps then it is not out of the realm of possibility that some team could get him for a 2015 5th or 6th round pick. Perhaps a little more but the Texans would be in a get what you can mode.

As for the Hawks I would be a buyer especially if he was willing to rework his contract to help out. As for a need we still don't have a legitimate #1 WR that has a proven history of staying healthy. I doubt it happens.

Marvin49

Reaction score
If Niners hadn't already traded for Stevie Johnson, I'd say Niners should take a stab.

For Seahawks, I guess it really depends on how much you like the guys you have along with Richardson and Norwood.

Seattle would certainly be a good spot for Andre, not so sure Andre would be great for Seattle.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
If something could be worked out that would be amazing but I just don't see it happening.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":9db3adsu said:
3rd rounder. Wouldn't pay him more than 6.5 million annually.

WAYYYYY too much.

32 year old receiver? 5th-6th at most.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
No offense intended to the OP, but this hypothetical is a complete non-starter. First off, Johnson is due $10M this year, so the Hawks couldn't acquire him even if they wanted to...not even close. Secondly, Johnson has no desire to restructure. He wants his money, and he's not going to take less (never mind the amount it would require him to forfeit in order for the Hawks to even begin to have room for him under the cap) to go to a team that runs the ball more than any other team in the league, and where under a best case scenario he'd be the #2 option in the passing game. Thirdly, Johnson has developed a bad me-first attitude, and has completely quit on the Texans. He even skipped last week's team workouts with the new coaching staff because he said he had "other business" to tend to. Really?!?! He's also infamously fought verbally with his QB and walked off the field to the locker room by himself before the game was even over last season. None of that would ever fly in Pete Carroll's program, let a lone for a soon-to-be-33-year-old prima donna WR with rapidly diminishing athleticism. Oh and our receiving corps is pretty well-stocked right now as it is.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Dude is still a monster and is everything you can ask for from a 32 year old WR. Posted 109 REC for 1407 YDS and 5 TD last year. I would love to have him here and he pretty much makes any WR core an instant strength of a team. Would want him here bad.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":1scbmtrt said:
Thirdly, Johnson has developed a bad me-first attitude, and has completely quit on the Texans. He even skipped last week's team workouts with the new coaching staff because he said he had "other business" to tend to. Really?!?! He's also infamously fought verbally with his QB and walked off the field to the locker room by himself before the game was even over last season. None of that would ever fly in Pete Carroll's program, let a lone for a soon-to-be-33-year-old prima donna WR with rapidly diminishing athleticism. Oh and our receiving corps is pretty well-stocked right now as it is.

Dude has given 10+ years to the Texans and like he said, and he's tired of losing. He's not a bad guy as you're painting him out to be. Go check any global NFL forum or texans forum, most people aren't even mad at Johnson and understand where he's coming from. He skipped OTA's not because of "other business", it's because he wants to reevaluate if he still has the passion to play for the Texans. I would say it's similar to Percy Harvin and the Vikings or Steven Jackson and the Rams, where the player is questioning his love for the organization and is frustrated.

"When you've been somewhere for a long time, nobody's been here as long as I have," Johnson said after presenting a check to the Houston Area Women's Center on Tuesday. "I've been thinking about things this offseason. Kind of wonder if this is still the place for me."

Now I'm on my third head coach, that's something I give thought to," Johnson said. "I just look over my career, is it a place? I've only been to the playoffs twice. I think we've only had three winning seasons, two 8-8 seasons. I don't think any player wants to experience that.

"... You go through a rebuilding process, some people say it's not rebuilding, some people say it's a quick fix. Everybody has their own opinion. But I've been through this more than once. When I make my decision, I'll make my decision."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10927 ... nts-return

Every Texans fan loves and appreciates all he has given. He definitely hasn't been a prima donna over the course of his career. In his 10+ years with the Texans, aside from that one incident last season with Schaub and his fight with Cortland Finnegan, has he ever had any negative attention? A lot of people also think those two incidents were warranted. Although arguing with your QB is never good, I mean, Schaub took a lot of blame for last seasons woes while Johnson put up 100+ REC, 1400+ YDS, 5 TD. Dude is definitely well respected.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL

In all my years of covering the NFL, I've never known a player more professional than Andre Johnson. U can imagine what big news this is.

I imagine Johnson will get over it and report at some point. He's not the kind to rock the boat. This is a first for him.

Johnson is going into his 12th season He's the greatest player in team history. Coming off consecutive Pro Bowls, 32 in July. Going strong.

Johnson said it wasn't about contract and he didn't ask 2 B traded. Well, if that's the case, at some point, he'll report. It's who he is

So a frustrated Andre Johnson blew up today. Very uncharacteristic. He's been unhappy and frustrated a lot but usually bites his lip.

Whenever Johnson's career ends, I hope I'm still around and serving on the Hall of Fame selection committee 5 years later.

Pick6

Reaction score
I don't blame him. You go from playoffs to 2-14 season. Now you have Savage/Fitzpatrick as your QB when you're 32 years old and wants to win a ring? He already had to deal with backup QBs in the beginning of his career and you want him to do it all over? I want out as well.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Rams should trade for him. We are not in need of WR but I'd trade Doug Baldwin and a 4th. But I don't think his salary fits.

HawkWow

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":1oczeep5 said:
No offense intended to the OP, but this hypothetical is a complete non-starter. First off, Johnson is due $10M this year, so the Hawks couldn't acquire him even if they wanted to...not even close. Secondly, Johnson has no desire to restructure. He wants his money, and he's not going to take less (never mind the amount it would require him to forfeit in order for the Hawks to even begin to have room for him under the cap) to go to a team that runs the ball more than any other team in the league, and where under a best case scenario he'd be the #2 option in the passing game. Thirdly, Johnson has developed a bad me-first attitude, and has completely quit on the Texans. He even skipped last week's team workouts with the new coaching staff because he said he had "other business" to tend to. Really?!?! He's also infamously fought verbally with his QB and walked off the field to the locker room by himself before the game was even over last season. None of that would ever fly in Pete Carroll's program, let a lone for a soon-to-be-33-year-old prima donna WR with rapidly diminishing athleticism. Oh and our receiving corps is pretty well-stocked right now as it is.

Good post. Right up to the "prima donna" comment. Nothing could be further from the truth in describing Johnson. Because he feels he's one of the best doesn't make him a prima donna. If it does, our Hawks are filled with prima donnas.

Vetamur

Reaction score
When you're 32 years old you don't take a multi million dollar pay cut if you don't have to and he doesn't have to. So we can't trade for him. It's not like the Seahawks never want older guys.. If TO had something left he would have stuck. Id give a 6th next year or a 5th the year after for him if his contract were palatable. But it isn't.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Dude is old. Our team is built on young, hungry players. That's how we became world champions.

Not taking fliers on old players.

halfrack

Reaction score
We have talent out the "wazzo" at WR. Harvin can be every bit as good as Johnson (if healthy). Our young guys proved themselves quite adequately last year and we picked up speed and height in the draft. Plus the fact we're a run first team, he' s just not a great match for us. Someone will snap him him up in a hurry if he truly wants a trade and he'll be worth it to them. He's an awesome talent, we just can't afford him or need him honestly.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
halfrack":2jj0vut2 said:
We have talent out the "wazzo" at WR. Harvin can be every bit as good as Johnson (if healthy). Our young guys proved themselves quite adequately last year and we picked up speed and height in the draft. Plus the fact we're a run first team, he' s just not a great match for us. Someone will snap him him up in a hurry if he truly wants a trade and he'll be worth it to them. He's an awesome talent, we just can't afford him or need him honestly.

Only way I could see him here is if he is cut. Similar to DeSean Jackson.

Latest posts