Peterson to get 60m+ from Cards?

JZ#1

Reaction score
He is the most over rate defensive back in the league. Gets burned repeatedly. Ton of talent, not nearly as much skill.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I don't see giving him even 50 million let alone 60M. I see him as just below Revis and Sherman too risky and gets burned too much. Though he's an elite PR and that's worth something.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":h4cvyjof said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000349928/article/patrick-peterson-worth-more-than-richard-sherman

Super expensive punt returner.

Of course sherman fires back, from his twitter :

Want what I got? Get the stats I got! Least targeted. #opinionvsfact pic.twitter.com/f2juIjKm66

And for all the folks who were complaining about us giving Sherman the extension when we did instead of waiting another year and then playing franchise tag with him, refer to the following news:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ough-2019/

Haden, who has been with the Browns since they chose him with the seventh overall pick in the 2010 NFL draft, has agreed to a new contract that will keep him in Cleveland through the 2019 season. A league source tells PFT that the deal includes a $14 million signing bonus, $22 million fully guaranteed at signing and another $23 million guaranteed for injury. The signing bonus, the full guarantee and the amount guaranteed for injury all surpass the deal that Richard Sherman just signed with Seattle.

If the Seahawks had waited to pay Sherman after Haden and Peterson were given new deals, the price would have been significantly more than what we paid. Now, we've got a guy who is not only well taken care of by the team, but also a guy who will still play with a chip on his shoulder due to the contracts Haden and Peterson receive.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2qef2vja said:
Coug_Hawk08":2qef2vja said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000349928/article/patrick-peterson-worth-more-than-richard-sherman

Super expensive punt returner.

Of course sherman fires back, from his twitter :

Want what I got? Get the stats I got! Least targeted. #opinionvsfact pic.twitter.com/f2juIjKm66

And for all the folks who were complaining about us giving Sherman the extension when we did instead of waiting another year and then playing franchise tag with him, refer to the following news:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ough-2019/

Haden, who has been with the Browns since they chose him with the seventh overall pick in the 2010 NFL draft, has agreed to a new contract that will keep him in Cleveland through the 2019 season. A league source tells PFT that the deal includes a $14 million signing bonus, $22 million fully guaranteed at signing and another $23 million guaranteed for injury. The signing bonus, the full guarantee and the amount guaranteed for injury all surpass the deal that Richard Sherman just signed with Seattle.

If the Seahawks had waited to pay Sherman after Haden and Peterson were given new deals, the price would have been significantly more than what we paid. Now, we've got a guy who is not only well taken care of by the team, but also a guy who will still play with a chip on his shoulder due to the contracts Haden and Peterson receive.
It only took a week to make both Earl and Sherman bargains! Imagine when the cap goes up?

Fanatics

Reaction score
The problem is, you are paid for how important you are to your team and not really about the market. If AZ sees him as 60M important to their success, they will do it and he would be worth it to them. Personally I do not see that as Sherman is just better but I do disagree with Sherman for attacking him...especially since these contracts can only help him later. I would like to know what happened to the rule he put in his article on SI: "No one has ever made himself great by showing how small someone else is." I know it was directed towards the Crabtree incident but it is still relevant for all situations.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Sherman isn't attacking him. He is, however, responding to Peterson's implication that Peterson is better than Sherman with statistical evidence, as is his M.O.

If anything, Peterson tried to make Sherman smaller in his initial comments. However, this is just gamesmanship between elite CBs (well, actually, one elite CB in Sherman and one good CB in Peterson), so I expect no less from either guy and have no hard feelings toward Peterson.

Fanatics

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2box0rzb said:
If anything, Peterson tried to make Sherman smaller in his initial comments.
I don't know if I would take this as him trying to make Sherman smaller as every pro athlete thinks they are better. He was responding to a question and Sherman seems to be reacting directly to the answer he gave. Everyone knows Sherman is better and I just thought the reply was not necessary. But I can see how you can take it the other way.

The Cardinals cornerback told reporters Monday that he's worth even more than what the Seahawks paid their All-Pro defender and hopes that Arizona realizes that, too, per ESPN.com.

"We'll see," Peterson said. "Got to ask the Cardinals. I mean, I think I am but at the end of the day both sides have to agree to terms and we'll see what those terms are and hopefully sooner than later."

amill87

Reaction score
What's funny about Peterson is I feel every game I've watched with him it, the announcers rave how good he is gonna be one day. It kind of is implied that one day, Peterson will be better than Sherman.

Yet the fact that they were drafted in the same draft class and Sherman is the best CB already goes unnoticed.

I don't think Peterson is elite. He isn't a player I would pay to be one of the highest paid on the team. He's not a cornerstone player IMO. I really hope the Cards give him every bit of 60 mil. I want them to tie huge money up to a really good player but not a great player.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I hope they're stupid enough to pay him that, and Haden's deal certainly helps things a bit, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him go after this year.

Cardinals are turning into a really well run organisation and they just had a great looking draft. I think they know his real value to their team is closer to half that figure. Or maybe they give him a deal with a bunch of incentives?

Fanatics

Reaction score
Since I brought up how I didn't like Sherman's bash of Peterson, I am glad to see him come out and offer his congratulating tweet to Haden. That is how you do it, to be the best you have to act like the best.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Good news for us. Make no mistake, that chip on the shoulder isn't going anywhere.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":bthzpqin said:
I hope they're stupid enough to pay him that, and Haden's deal certainly helps things a bit, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him go after this year.

Cardinals are turning into a really well run organisation and they just had a great looking draft. I think they know his real value to their team is closer to half that figure. Or maybe they give him a deal with a bunch of incentives?

Pay the man more I hope. It is not about our CB getting more or less, it is more the fact that they are gonna not be able to pay more of their good players later. A good draft may elicit good to great players, but then again. I hope they push the cap to the upper edge....that may hurt them in the future. :mrgreen:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2rt8p114 said:

I also liked the stat from Willie stating:

Sherm intercepts 1 out of every 8 times he is thrown at.

Peterson intercepts 1 out of every 29 times he is thrown at. Ouchies!!