Edit: Boldin re-signs with San Fran, 2 yr / $12 mil, $9 gtd

Seaswab

Reaction score
One of the leagues premier punk ass bitches on the leagues premier punk ass bitch team. Perfect match.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Already did.

2 years, 12 mil, 9 guaranteed.

Anquan Boldin‏@AnquanBoldin·21 mins
@49ers fans, I wanted to be the first to tell you I’m returning to San Francisco - http://www.q81.org/thereturntothebay/ … pic.twitter.com/SgOtlLPTH7

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Good for them and him. He looked good in the NFCCG.

And good for the Hawks. At his age any deal has the potential to go badly. Everybody wins.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I wonder how this will compare to or affect Tate's contract. Boldin is a solid #2 getting 6/year. I think we can expect Tate to get around the same per year.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2dagn94o said:

And good for the Hawks. At his age any deal has the potential to go badly. Everybody wins.

True...

...but the nice things are that 1) He was never that fast to begin with, 2) Its only a 2 year deal.

Kinda surprised tho on the 9 mil guaranteed.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":2t2v4nzx said:
Scottemojo":2t2v4nzx said:

True...

...but the nice things are that 1) He was never that fast to begin with, 2) Its only a 2 year deal.

I have little doubt he is going to be the same slow as he always was. I am referring to the increased risk of injury as players age. It is what it is.
I also think that the type of routes the Niners run, lots of rubs and drags, favor those slower runners, especially vs zone. He fits the Roman O to to a T.

Seaswab

Reaction score
It would be nice if we could figure out something with one of our guys before free agency.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3sfkuaw5 said:
Marvin49":3sfkuaw5 said:
Scottemojo":3sfkuaw5 said:

True...

I have little doubt he is going to be the same slow as he always was. I am referring to the increased risk of injury as players age. It is what it is.
I also think that the type of routes the Niners run, lots of rubs and drags, favor those slower runners, especially vs zone. He fits the Roman O to to a T.

Yeah, but they still need a WR with speed. Pretty sure they'll be drafting one.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Nine million guaranteed seems rather expensive, considering his age. I'd say they overpaid for him to an extent; but then, so did Philly with Racist Riley.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":23jpcrv3 said:
Nine million guaranteed seems rather expensive, considering his age. I'd say they overpaid for him to an extent; but then, so did Philly with Racist Riley.

Yeah, the 12 was just about what I expected. The 9 was a surprise.

OP
OP
Missing_Clink

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Nice payday for Anquan with such a high percentage guaranteed. He should be able to give them 2 more quality years unfortunately.

Marvin49

Reaction score
OK...this makes more sense.

Looks like the 49ers protected themselves against injury.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... year-deal/

"Per a league source, Boldin’s two-year deal is worth $12 million. Of that amount, $5.5 million is guaranteed on signing, via a fully-guaranteed minimum base salary of $955,000 and a signing bonus of $4.545 million.

Boldin also has $500,000 in per-game roster bonuses in 2014. If he’s available for every game of the regular season, he’ll make the full $6 million.

Another $3 million in 2015 base salary is guaranteed for injury only until April 1 of 2015. At that point, it becomes fully guaranteed."

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Miners are famous for per game roster bonus deals.

Edit. Miners.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":20pa3bbm said:

That and de-escalators.

Trying to figure out that cap hit tho this year.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Good player but 9million is a lot to guarantee for someone his age, we'll see

Marvin49

Reaction score
davidonmi":23rqfpe1 said:
Good player but 9million is a lot to guarantee for someone his age, we'll see

Read the above...not really guaranteed. Only 5.5 this year is truly guaranteed. If they release him before next year then 3 mill is no longer guaranteed.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Marvin49":1z0yvro2 said:
Scottemojo":1z0yvro2 said:

That and de-escalators.

Trying to figure out that cap hit tho this year.

and there it is.

Matt Maiocco‏@MaioccoCSN·7 mins
RT @ProFootballTalk Details on WR Anquan Boldin's 2-year deal http://wp.me/p14QSB-9qkW > Looks like he'll count $3.7275M vs. cap in '14.

Not bad.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Have to believe the Niners will look to add a speedy complement to their two possession receivers. I don't think Quinton Patton is that guy.

With the wealth of picks they have to move up, could see them making a play for a Brandin Cooks. (Or god forbid, Mike Evans or Sammy Watkins)