Joe Buck

Basis4day

Reaction score
Can't lie. He called two of the greatest games ever witnessed by Seahawks' fans.

Gotta say, i like the guy now. :stirthepot:

253hawk

Reaction score
He actually had some emotion during that Kearse TD. It was amazing.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Basis4day":gq39z6jk said:
Can't lie. He called two of the greatest games ever witnessed by Seahawks' fans.

Gotta say, i like the guy now. :stirthepot:
And he was horrible in both, IMO. Am I biased? Yes. But I heard a lot more "How will Peyton get out of this little jam?" than "These Seahawks are outclassing the Broncos in every phase of the game" on Sunday. Pretty much the whole broadcast was wretched, like they were just waiting for the Hawks to be exposed somehow. Aikman seemed to go back and forth the whole time, so at least he had a few reasonable observations. Mostly, he kept talking about how the Denver D was failing, not how the Hawks O was succeeding. (He did get a little testy with the "game manager" stuff, and I appreciated that.)

Other than Bruno Mars, who sounded pretty damn good, the vast bulk of the audio coming out of my teevee was pretty cringeworthy.

Consider your :stirthepot:'ing mission succesful!

The Radish

Reaction score
We all see/hear things differently. I really like Buck, his Father was the best of the best in his days and the kid is just about as good.

For the most part that pair knows about both teams, know most of the players/coaches by name.

Remember NFL Football now is merely entertainment and is treated as entertainment by the announcing crew always.

The big story of that SuperB owl was about Peyton Manning as well it should have been. Now we love our Seahawks and think it should be about them. But the thing that sold many tickets and got many TVs turned to it was the chance for Peyton Manning to complete a magical season. Don't think for a minute if that had been a close game we might have seen a different outcome.

And the fact they fell behind early and gotten back from deficits before. Again that had to be the story. How many TVs would have been turned off if the announcing pair said "well the Seahawks have their number and this game is about over"?.

I think they do a great job and we will see them more often next year. But I have to tell you I love the crew we normally had. Give us back our bearded one!! lol

:les:

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
The Radish":1z8yi6rv said:
We all see/hear things differently. I really like Buck, his Father was the best of the best in his days and the kid is just about as good. ...
Heh, I agree to disagree. The elder Buck was one of the all-time greats, but to me, the younger is a far, far cry from the original. He's developed an OK set of pipes, but I just don't see any potential for an "I don't believe what I just saw" moment out of him.

Maybe it's the difference between radio and teevee, I dunno.

Axx

Reaction score
I think buck talks like they because i believe the commentators are not allowed to talk in a way that implies that the game i over.

hawker84

Reaction score
i've never had a problem with him or Aikman, take either over collinsworth , dierdorf, theisman any day.

Osprey

Reaction score
I didn't notice it when I watched it live, but on the re-watch I nearly shat myself when Buck snuck in a 'It's not as if Seattle would be worried about officiating in the Superbowl' during his pregame conversation with Bagdad Bob Pereira.

Given that we'd heard nothing in the national media regarding the XL abortion, it was nice to have even a back handed acknowledgement.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Osprey":3nhrdype said:
I didn't notice it when I watched it live, but on the re-watch I nearly shat myself when Buck snuck in a 'It's not as if Seattle would be worried about officiating in the Superbowl'

I caught that, too. Definitely raised my estimation of him.

Whatever you think of Buck, I guarantee we'll be seeing more of him from now on.

SDHawk

Reaction score
I wish Gruden and Collinsworth called every NFL game

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":35zb9oos said:
Osprey":35zb9oos said:
I didn't notice it when I watched it live, but on the re-watch I nearly shat myself when Buck snuck in a 'It's not as if Seattle would be worried about officiating in the Superbowl'

I caught that, too. Definitely raised my estimation of him.

Whatever you think of Buck, I guarantee we'll be seeing more of him from now on.
Hehe... I heard that too, but I interpreted it as an eyerolling jab. I guess I'm just predisposed to be annoyed by the man. Ah, well... :D

Latest posts