Wild Card Weekend picks for the rest of us...

BlueThunder

Reaction score
No scores, just a straight-up pick-em...

AFC

Kansas City Chiefs @ Indianapolis Colts - COLTS. Chiefs have been overrated all season IMO.
San Diego Chargers @ Cincinnati Bengals - BENGALS. Philip Rivers is great. His team, not so much.

NFC

New Orleans Saints @ Philadelphia Eagles - Hmmm this is a toughie. I'm gonna take a chance and say EAGLES. Just because of home field advantage and Drew NOT being home. Be sure to chuck batteries Philly!
San Francisco 49ers @ Green Bay Packers - I'm taking the Packers. For some reason, the Pack is kryptonite to the Niners. Aaron Rogers @ home is always a good bet. I REALLY hope I'm right on this one. Unlike others here, I want NOTHING to do with the Niners this post-season.

So I'm:
Colts
Bengals
Eagles
Packers

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I honestly see it going down that as well except for the fact that I am going to take the Chargers over the Bengals. No, I did not miss type that. The Bengals are a good team, very good, however I think the Chargers will capitalize enough off of Dalton errors and Rivers will strive to push his team past the Bengals.

Polaris

Reaction score
I'll toss in my thoughts:

AFC: Chiefs@Colts. Going with Colts. We've seen this movie before (except at Arrowhead) and the Chiefs aren't all that. Neither are the Colts, but the Colts are better than the Chiefs.

Chargers@Bengals. Going with the Bengals. The Bengals are unbeaten at home, and simply a better team than the Chargers (who struggled against the Chief's backups).

NFC: Niners@Green Bay. I am going to go against the popular grain and go with Green Bay. With Aaron Rogers back, Green Bay is considerably better than their nominal 8-7-1 record, and San Fran has a nasty tendency to let good teams hang around and beat them. I also note that the Niners only beat the Pack by 6 and that was at the stick. I see Green Bay in a shootout, pulling out a narrow upset on the frozen tundra.

Saints@Eagles. The Saints will be on the road, at philly and likely in the cold, and snow. Enough said. Go with the Eagles.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
BlueThunder":6e6hdo52 said:
San Francisco 49ers @ Green Bay Packers - I'm taking the Packers. For some reason, the Pack is kryptonite to the Niners. Aaron Rogers @ home is always a good bet. I REALLY hope I'm right on this one. Unlike others here, I want NOTHING to do with the Niners this post-season.
Really? The last two games between San Francisco & Green Bay: Niners 79 - Packers 59 with SF winning both games.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1a5lv05y said:
BlueThunder":1a5lv05y said:
Really? The last two games between San Francisco & Green Bay: Niners 79 - Packers 59 with SF winning both games.

I was thinking history since 1996, which I shouldn't do, as it really has nothing to do with current teams. It's just that I think it's in the back of their heads to some degree after the domination through the first decade of the 2000's. The Niners fans on their message boards are not exactly gushing enthusiasm either. Plus, it's just wishful thinking on my part. I wanna see the Niners go one and done. It would make my whole week! :D

Packers/Niners history:

Date Team Opponent Home/Away Result Attendance
09/08/2013 Green Bay Packers San Francisco 49ers A L 34-28 69,732
01/12/2013 * Green Bay Packers San Francisco 49ers A L 45-31 69,732
09/09/2012 Green Bay Packers San Francisco 49ers H L 30-22 70,523

12/05/2010 Green Bay Packers San Francisco 49ers H W 34-16 70,575
11/22/2009 Green Bay Packers San Francisco 49ers H W 30-24 70,445
12/10/2006 Green Bay Packers San Francisco 49ers A W 30-19 68,539
11/23/2003 Green Bay Packers San Francisco 49ers H W 20-10 70,250
12/15/2002 Green Bay Packers San Francisco 49ers A W 20-14 67,947
01/13/2002 † Green Bay Packers San Francisco 49ers H W 25-15 59,825
10/15/2000 Green Bay Packers San Francisco 49ers H W 31-28 59,870
11/29/1999 Green Bay Packers San Francisco 49ers A W 20-3 68,304

01/03/1999 † Green Bay Packers San Francisco 49ers A L 30-27 66,506
11/01/1998 Green Bay Packers San Francisco 49ers H W 36-22 59,794
01/11/1998 ‡ Green Bay Packers San Francisco 49ers A W 23-10 68,987
01/04/1997 * Green Bay Packers San Francisco 49ers H W 35-14 60,787
10/14/1996 Green Bay Packers San Francisco 49ers H W 23-20, OT 60,716
01/06/1996 * Green Bay Packers San Francisco 49ers A W 27-17 69,311

chris98251

Reaction score
I'm going with the weather.

Packers
Eagles
Bengals
Cheifs

I think Reid knows how to set up a playoff game and the run game is going to be the difference.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
BlueThunder":346qwpx8 said:
I want NOTHING to do with the Niners this post-season.

Aaron Levine ‏@AaronQ13Fox
Easiest way to say it: If #Saints win on Saturday, they'll face the #Seahawks. If they don't, #Hawks will face #Niners/#Packers winner.

So the Packers would have to win to get your way. ;)

KK84

Reaction score
Kansas City Chiefs @ Indianapolis Colts - CHIEFS. Andy Reid doesn't lose in the playoffs until the league championship game.

San Diego Chargers @ Cincinnati Bengals - CHARGERS. Crappy Andy is gonna show up. Rivers wins.

New Orleans Saints @ Philadelphia Eagles - TOSS UP. One of these teams will win a sloppy, crap game. Guess I'll pick SAINTS because Brees.

San Francisco 49ers @ Green Bay Packers - PACKERS. Best game of the weekend. Rodgers throws a game winner in the final minute in a high scoring game.

HawkStar3

Reaction score
Colts and Chargers
Eagles and Packers
I could see the Chargers making a run and beating Denver in round two. SD is Denver's kryptonite. NO sucks on the road and just a gut feel on the pack.

PS living in WI packers fans are begging to go back to Seattle. Bitter? Yes. Delusional? Of course. They are already taking about the super bowl. I hope they do win and get another heart break in Seattle.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
BlueThunder":18wo6ral said:
No scores, just a straight-up pick-em...

AFC

Kansas City Chiefs @ Indianapolis Colts - COLTS. Chiefs have been overrated all season IMO.
San Diego Chargers @ Cincinnati Bengals - BENGALS. Philip Rivers is great. His team, not so much.

NFC

New Orleans Saints @ Philadelphia Eagles - Hmmm this is a toughie. I'm gonna take a chance and say EAGLES. Just because of home field advantage and Drew NOT being home. Be sure to chuck batteries Philly!

So I'm:
Colts
Bengals
Eagles
Packers

Meanwhile the 49ers have beaten the back three consecutive times.

But you might be right. The 49ers might be wearing down mentally.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Chiefs in a close one. Indy will put up a few points this time around

Bengals without too much trouble.

Eagles in a low scoring affair. I like the Saints but can't pick them in a cold game in Philly. They just aren't good enough away from home. Of course Philly just about ate it against the Orton-led Cowboys, so that doesn't exactly bode well for them.

SF in a laugher. I don't think the Pack will slow down Gore and will have a heck of a time putting up points.

SF in Seattle the next week in a brutal game.

I'd love to see SF lose, but I don't see that happening.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Saints are going to look bad vs Philly.
Chiefs are going to show Indy fans how bad their team really is.
Niners are going to show Packer fans how bad their defense really is.
Bengals are going to show San Diego the door.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Saw a stat the other day about teams with better records going on the road in the playoffs a la Beastquake game. The team with the better record had lost the last 3 or 4.

GB
PHI
KC
CIN