Wild Card Weekend picks for the rest of us...

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3sl4730a said:
Lords of Scythia":3sl4730a said:
AbsolutNET":3sl4730a said:
Chiefs in a close one. Indy will put up a few points this time around

Bengals without too much trouble.

Eagles in a low scoring affair. I like the Saints but can't pick them in a cold game in Philly. They just aren't good enough away from home. Of course Philly just about ate it against the Orton-led Cowboys, so that doesn't exactly bode well for them.

SF in a laugher. I don't think the Pack will slow down Gore and will have a heck of a time putting up points.

SF in Seattle the next week in a brutal game.

I'd love to see SF lose, but I don't see that happening.
If you're really an XO guru, how bout you lay that one out, because I see another Seahawks blowout in the Clink.

If the Niners make it back to the Clink, I don't see a big blowout, but whatever it is the Niners think they have on offense, won't be able to do much of anything against a defense that just gets stronger and stronger. On 2 weeks rest? Not a chance.
For real.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2ogl63zp said:
No scores, just a straight-up pick-em...

AFC

Kansas City Chiefs @ Indianapolis Colts - COLTS. Chiefs have been overrated all season IMO.
San Diego Chargers @ Cincinnati Bengals - BENGALS. Philip Rivers is great. His team, not so much.

NFC

New Orleans Saints @ Philadelphia Eagles - Hmmm this is a toughie. I'm gonna take a chance and say EAGLES. Just because of home field advantage and Drew NOT being home. Be sure to chuck batteries Philly!
San Francisco 49ers @ Green Bay Packers - I'm taking the Packers. For some reason, the Pack is kryptonite to the Niners. Aaron Rogers @ home is always a good bet. I REALLY hope I'm right on this one. Unlike others here, I want NOTHING to do with the Niners this post-season.

So I'm:
Colts
Bengals
Eagles
Packers

The Packers are kryptonite to the Niners? Shouldn't it be the other way around..? All of Kaepernick best games are against Green Bay.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":lzc8ng4x said:
BlueThunder":lzc8ng4x said:
No scores, just a straight-up pick-em...

AFC

Kansas City Chiefs @ Indianapolis Colts - COLTS. Chiefs have been overrated all season IMO.
San Diego Chargers @ Cincinnati Bengals - BENGALS. Philip Rivers is great. His team, not so much.

NFC

New Orleans Saints @ Philadelphia Eagles - Hmmm this is a toughie. I'm gonna take a chance and say EAGLES. Just because of home field advantage and Drew NOT being home. Be sure to chuck batteries Philly!
San Francisco 49ers @ Green Bay Packers - I'm taking the Packers. For some reason, the Pack is kryptonite to the Niners. Aaron Rogers @ home is always a good bet. I REALLY hope I'm right on this one. Unlike others here, I want NOTHING to do with the Niners this post-season.

So I'm:
Colts
Bengals
Eagles
Packers

Meanwhile the 49ers have beaten the back three consecutive times.

But you might be right. The 49ers might be wearing down mentally.

No worries, I got your back here. What you have to remember Bluethunder is that the whiners have been a horrible bottom feeder loser for nearly a decade which covers a majority of the ass whoopings they have taken thru that span. Now they are "almost" respec....... :pukeface:

Sorry, I couldn't say it.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
I don't have much opinion of the AFC teams. As for Packers 49ers game I chose packers because the 49ers are going to be frozen. Too many days of nice warm weather for 49ers. I say Eagles because the Saints just don't do well playing in the elements. They are doomed, oh wait I mean domed.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
That posting of GB/SF scores over the years shows GB lost just once @home so I will be taking GB with that super cold forcast and Rogers back..I can't see Brees doing it against a hot Eagles team in their house so Eagles..Cincy@ home against SD- again the weather will hurt SD more against that tough defense..Colts/KC the Colts seem to beat teams they shouldn't and more so at home so Colts in this one..

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":fgd5nv4w said:
AbsolutNET":fgd5nv4w said:

Eagles in a low scoring affair. I like the Saints but can't pick them in a cold game in Philly. They just aren't good enough away from home. Of course Philly just about ate it against the Orton-led Cowboys, so that doesn't exactly bode well for them.

SF in a laugher. I don't think the Pack will slow down Gore and will have a heck of a time putting up points.

If you're really an XO guru, how bout you lay that one out, because I see another Seahawks blowout in the Clink.

Not sure what you mean? I just meant "brutal" in the sense that I think it'd be an amped up version of the game in SF. I'd expect it to be the toughest game of the year, we'd hit them in the mouth and they would do everything they could to smash their run game down our throat. I didn't mean the Hawks would get their asses kicked, just the style of game it would be.

I wouldn't predict a blow out though. 9ers are still a pretty damn good team.

"I don't see SF losing" was in reference to the GB game, I can see why that wouldn't be clear.

DrDix

Reaction score
Rodgers knows if he loses to the 49ers again it will be 4 in a row. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to see that. I really want to pick the Pack but the 49ers defense is really good. I'm on the fence with this one. I'll guess I'll take the Pack because they're at home in cold, although the 49ers are a better team.

Bengals, Chiefs, and the Eagles round out the rest of my picks.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":305pm9hb said:
Lords of Scythia":305pm9hb said:
For real.

The way I see a 49er game?

You can't cover Davis/Crabtree/Boldin and totally stuff the run, and take penalties and shut a team that good down.

They WILL put 20-27 on the board, which means the offense needs 28+

Can't play like they have for the past month or so, or hawks are 1 and done.

BS.. the Hawks CAN and HAVE done it. Crabtree was healthy last year and the Hawks don't have any problems in coverage. The Niners couldn't put up 20 on the Hawks at home, they sure in the Hell aren't doing it in the Clink. You have NOTHING to substantiate your post, I do have something.

And what is this "can't play like they have past month or so" BS.? Outside of the AZ game, which had some extraordinary crap happen in it, the Hawks have done what they needed to do. In those games, including the one with the Niners on the road they have given up about 11ppg. The Hawks will not have to score much. In that Dec stretch the Hawks have scored over 20 ppg.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":dwdzkwhs said:
Lords of Scythia":dwdzkwhs said:
AbsolutNET":dwdzkwhs said:

Not sure what you mean? I just meant "brutal" in the sense that I think it'd be an amped up version of the game in SF. I'd expect it to be the toughest game of the year, we'd hit them in the mouth and they would do everything they could to smash their run game down our throat. I didn't mean the Hawks would get their asses kicked, just the style of game it would be.

I wouldn't predict a blow out though. 9ers are still a pretty damn good team.

"I don't see SF losing" was in reference to the GB game, I can see why that wouldn't be clear.
You said it right after you referenced the Seattle game, obviously.

kearly

Reaction score
NFC:

Saints over Eagles
49ers over Packers

Seahawks over Saints
Panthers over 49ers

Seahawks over Panthers

AFC:

Colts over Chiefs
Bengals over Chargers

Broncos over Colts
Bengals over Patriots

Broncos over Bengals

SB48:

Seahawks over Broncos

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The Seahawks are going to be practicing in this weather (I wish it was a little crappier--just until after the NFC championship, then revert back to this) and playing the div game in it and the southern Panthers are gonna come in here scrotally clenched and shivering like b!!!!!s--potential ream.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
BlueThunder":3sl458e7 said:
So I'm:
Colts
Bengals
Eagles
Packers

1-3 :229031_banghead:

This is why I don't bet money on football games anymore! :34853_doh:

Reading back through the thread, nobody got it perfect, but a couple guys got 3-1. Things certainly didn't go as planned...

Polaris

Reaction score
BlueThunder":15pyvlty said:
BlueThunder":15pyvlty said:
So I'm:
Colts
Bengals
Eagles
Packers

1-3 :229031_banghead:

This is why I don't bet money on football games anymore! :34853_doh:

Reading back through the thread, nobody got it perfect, but a couple guys got 3-1. Things certainly didn't go as planned...

I went 0-4. What you are talking about? :mrgreen: :D

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":3hljyhfr said:
Saw a stat the other day about teams with better records going on the road in the playoffs a la Beastquake game. The team with the better record had lost the last 3 or 4.

GB
PHI
KC
CIN

Nailed it.