Wild Card Weekend picks for the rest of us...

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Although I picked in the "spread" thread, I'll comment on predictions here:

- Eagles because Saints suck outside and suck even more in weather
- Bengals comfortably because they are undefeated @ home and Chargers are easily the worst team in the playoffs IMO. I will be rooting for SD hard though as they are my #2 team (way) behind the Hawks
- 9ers because GB still won't figure out how to stop SF though I do think Pack will score some too...I see something in the neighborhood of 34-24
- Colts cuz they already beat the Chefs at their place and are now home and cuz KC doesn't beat anyone worth a crap

iigakusei

Reaction score
Colts
Bengals
Niners
Saints

You know we are getting a Niners Hawks NFC Championship!

travlinhawk

Reaction score
KC
Bengals
N.O.
Niners- I just don't see how some of you see GB winning this game. I see the Niners coming in and giving them a good beatdown AGAIN! Whats changed since they have played the last three times? If Rogers can get that ball out in a nanosecond it may be close but in the end I don't think they cant stop Gore and Kap's pistol/options. Niners are to GB what we are to the Niners...

Kakaww

Reaction score
travlinhawk":25cd6y5l said:
KC
Bengals
N.O.
Niners- I just don't see how some of you see GB winning this game. I see the Niners coming in and giving them a good beatdown AGAIN! Whats changed since they have played the last three times? If Rogers can get that ball out in a nanosecond it may be close but in the end I don't think they cant stop Gore and Kap's pistol/options. Niners are to GB what we are to the Niners...

But the last game in San Fran wasn't a beat down. Niners won a shoot out by 6 points while trampling the Packers horrid defense. Packers are down Jolly and Mathews on defense but have gained a nice power running game with Lacy. Also, the Niners pass rush and secondary have struggled a bit recently and Rodgers is, well, Rodgers. Not saying the Pack is on the same level as the Niners, but it's not impossible to believe they could beat them at home.

That said, i'm picking:
Philly
Cincinnati
San Fran
KC

I'm be "cheering" for:
Philly
Cincinnati
Green Bay
KC

Fanatics

Reaction score
Colts - Went into a funk after losing Reggie Wayne but seem to be back playing good ball again...although their WR corp is still suspect.

Bengals - Probably the deepest team in the AFC but the overall talent is no there to play with Denver but good enough for the wild-card week.

Saints - I don't think the philly D is good enough to slow the saints down but they have a chance since the Saints are terrible on the road.

49ers - I think the cold actually helps the 49ers, they have the better athletes and depend on the running game more.

--------------------------------------------------------

That said, it would be interesting to relive our last game against the pack. ;)

hawker84

Reaction score
Apparently winter is coming to Wisconsin, SF better prepare themselves. I loved playing in the elements, but this is ridiculous..

Winter is coming? Is it ever. According to WBAY-TV meteorologists, the forecast for Sunday calls for a high temperature of 8 degrees and a low of minus-17. Yes, that's 17 below zero — and that's without factoring in any wind chill.

"It's definitely going to have an effect on the game," Rodgers said. "You know, not everybody in this locker room is from the great state of Wisconsin. We do practice in it, live in it, I think we're going to be better adapting to it initially. But once the game starts, it's about who can execute in the cold weather. It does some different things to the football. It's about taking care of the football in the playoffs and making some big plays."

ivotuk

Reaction score
Chiefs win when their defense rebounds and Jamaal Charles breaks loose. Indy's offense proves to be inept in the face of Justin Houston, Tamba Hali and Dontari Poe.

San Diego keeps the game close but in the end, the Bengals defense is too much and Giovani Bernard scores TDs rushing and receiving.

The cold does in SanFran when Kap becomes inaccurate in cold air and Frank Gore fumbles the ball. Eddie Lacy goes over 100 yards and the Green Bay Packer defense surprises. Aaron Rodgers is Aaron Rodgers.

Philly is just too cold for Brees to get the ball down field. The Saints defense makes it tough on Foles for a little while but too many big plays do them in and the Eagles win.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
I will probably get bombed for this and I will also need a bath because I also feel slimy but the playoffs this year is so tainted towards the Seahawks it isn't even funny. The Niners are getting screwed having to go on the road and play the Packers in possibly as low as -10 degree weather in spite of winning four more games, seriously? I think the game should be played at SF and I do think it is crap they have to play on the road. Even if they win this game, they have to be a little demoralized in the sense they have to take on the entire world. If the Niners win their games, they will truly deserve to be Super Bowl champions even though I loathe them entirely.

My second point is I want to play the best. I think our fan base needs to toughen up.. I don't want to hear crap from their fan base that the only reason why we won the Super Bowl was because we didn't play them. We will hear it forever, I want the Hawks to be the team that elminated Harbaugh and CO period. I want the best and that is the Niners period.

My Picks this weekend..
Bengals.
Chiefs
Packers (I think the Niners are clearly the better team but I think the Packers will crowd the box and I think Kaep is going to struggle, hope I am wrong.)
Eagles.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
travlinhawk":3pr2a9mx said:
KC
Bengals
N.O.

You really think Kaep is going to throw it all over the Packers in frigid weather like they are going to have on Sunday?? Niners only real weakness is Pass Defense and Rogers excels at it. I think it is a bad matchup but I guess we'll see.

Fanatics

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3vlyarms said:
travlinhawk":3vlyarms said:
KC
Bengals
N.O.

You really think Kaep is going to throw it all over the Packers in frigid weather like they are going to have on Sunday?? Niners only real weakness is Pass Defense and Rogers excels at it. I think it is a bad matchup buy I guess we'll see.

You are right and we will see but honestly you can throw out what teams did in the regular season because the playoffs are a completely different beast in itself. I think we can all agree that SF is a better team than the packers, the question is whether they can handle the elements. I know we have all seen that Kap, although he is better on the road, is not the same QB from last year but he still has enough gas to get it through the elements with power throws and with Boldin, Crabtree and Davis, all sure handed WR's I don't see the elements hindering the niners as much as everyone thinks it will.

James in PA

Reaction score
Chiefs at Colts is the toughest one for me. I will say Chiefs because Andy Reid seems to have gotten some of his mojo back and they were just the better team this year. I'm more confident about the other three games. Bengals over Charges. Saints over Philly. I just don't get all this love for the Eagles. They're just not very good. And finally Niners over Packers. I'm sorry but the Packers need to stop acting like San Fran is the best offensive juggernaut in the history of the NFL. The Green Bay defense just cannot get their heads out of their asses against these clowns.

Polaris

Reaction score
James in PA":1tsehtl0 said:
Saints over Philly. I just don't get all this love for the Eagles. They're just not very good.

I am not seeing a lot of love for the Eagles. Rather I am seeing an aknowledgement that New Orleans is putrid on the road during the playoffs (have never won a road playoff game), and Brees' record when the temperature is less than 40 degrees is also putrid.

New Orleans is a wounded animal on the road and in the cold.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
chris98251":1i0dqd1n said:
I'm going with the weather.

Packers
Eagles
Bengals
Cheifs

I think Reid knows how to set up a playoff game and the run game is going to be the difference.
I'm going with Ried because he's PISSED.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":31h1daia said:
Chiefs in a close one. Indy will put up a few points this time around

Bengals without too much trouble.

Eagles in a low scoring affair. I like the Saints but can't pick them in a cold game in Philly. They just aren't good enough away from home. Of course Philly just about ate it against the Orton-led Cowboys, so that doesn't exactly bode well for them.

SF in a laugher. I don't think the Pack will slow down Gore and will have a heck of a time putting up points.

SF in Seattle the next week in a brutal game.

I'd love to see SF lose, but I don't see that happening.
If you're really an XO guru, how bout you lay that one out, because I see another Seahawks blowout in the Clink.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Colts - The officials love Luck.
Bengals - Rivers x2 INTs.
Saints - Philly D just not good enough.
Niners - Assuming Roman keeps it on the ground.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":3cj6atip said:
AbsolutNET":3cj6atip said:

Eagles in a low scoring affair. I like the Saints but can't pick them in a cold game in Philly. They just aren't good enough away from home. Of course Philly just about ate it against the Orton-led Cowboys, so that doesn't exactly bode well for them.

SF in a laugher. I don't think the Pack will slow down Gore and will have a heck of a time putting up points.

If you're really an XO guru, how bout you lay that one out, because I see another Seahawks blowout in the Clink.

If the Niners make it back to the Clink, I don't see a big blowout, but whatever it is the Niners think they have on offense, won't be able to do much of anything against a defense that just gets stronger and stronger. On 2 weeks rest? Not a chance.

Polaris

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":5qxugf5k said:
Lords of Scythia":5qxugf5k said:
AbsolutNET":5qxugf5k said:

If the Niners make it back to the Clink, I don't see a big blowout, but whatever it is the Niners think they have on offense, won't be able to do much of anything against a defense that just gets stronger and stronger. On 2 weeks rest? Not a chance.

Especially not having played a physical game in sub-zero weather (which is extremely physically draining and likely to lead to injury) and having to travel to the Clink on a SHORT WEEK. It'll be like recoving from MNF on steroids.

Fanatics

Reaction score
I could be wrong but deep down I believe the league would love to see a SF vs SEATTLE NFC championship. For that to happen New Orleans and SF would need to win this weekend, I'll be watching.