Week 14 NFL what I saw

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Mike Shanahan has to be done. His team is in full quit mode. I don't know if the firing of a coach will fix it, it looks to me like players don't have a lot of respect for Griffen either, but that team is tied to Griffen for a couple more years at least, they sunk too much into getting him.

Speaking of teams that quit, at least for one game, how about the Lions? I don't know if I have ever seen easier runs up the middle in my life, and it wasn't the snow. If not for two return touchdowns, the Quit in that Lions team is the topic today.

Thank goodness John Schneider's checklist for college corners prioritizes 1. can he press? 2. Is he fast enough? Watching Carolina DBs try to press when they simply cannot was almost funny. Same goes for Rams DBs. And Colts DBs.

If the Steelers WR had not stepped out of bounds on that final crazy play, the Fins would be petitioning the league today to overturn a Steelers win. The playclock froze at a single second as the Steelers scrambled to get that final play off, the clock operator was helping the home team. Just froze, that 1 hung there for at least two seconds. Total collegiate bullshit.

The Vikings are now the second team looking for a new HC. Bevell? He certainly has the ties. I know, Frazier is still there, but that team gagged twice in two minutes, and it was prevent D at it's worst.

All the talk about Manning not throwing in the cold can die. For the life of me, I can't figure out why mediots talk about him struggling in the cold, but don't mention him struggling in the wind. For the last time, wind AND cold.

The injury to Gronk? Legal, but still dirty, IMO. Dude came in helmet first at knee level. Brutal to see. To me, that ended the chance the patriots have to get to the SB.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
And now there are reports that Washington will pursue Griffen's college coach.

Polaris

Reaction score
Scottemojo":s9rhtqmb said:
And now there are reports that Washington will pursue Griffen's college coach.

I saw that too, but IIRC Briles (at Baylor) just signed an iron-clad extension that includes some very stiff penalty clauses not just for other college teams but the NFL as well.

Polaris

Reaction score
Scottemojo":24mzsaum said:
Thank goodness John Schneider's checklist for college corners prioritizes 1. can he press? 2. Is he fast enough? Watching Carolina DBs try to press when they simply cannot was almost funny. Same goes for Rams DBs. And Colts DBs.

I hear this. I think that Seattle is in the process of revolutionizing how the secondary is played BUT it takes a special breed of corner and safety (having a fast and agressive center-fielder like Earl Thomas is just as important).

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and I've seen the "Seahawk Scheme" attempted not just by Indy and Carolina, but also by Jax as well. The problem is a lot of these clubs don't have the right personelle to make it work.

Latest posts