Gus Bradley coach of the year

Subzero717

Reaction score
I'm dead serious. Watching them last night and a couple other times is incredible what he's doing. The level of talent, getting guys to buy in and not throw in the towel. Its absolutely amazing.

That said I don't know how in the world Mike Smith keeps his job or Arthur Blank feels good about that Matty Ice contract. Houston is right and there.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I've been thinking Smith is safe for one more year but I'm starting to waiver. The Matt Ryan contract was a bad move. Dude has never been worth a shit with any kind of pressure. Wonder if the Rams will do the same with Bradford? He did look better this year but I'm still not convinced he's good enough to get you to a conference championship game, let alone a Superb Owl (all Seahawks talk aside).

As for the Texans, no doubt Kubiak is gone.

Jville

Reaction score
Gus Bradley has them believing and winning now.

The potential in 2014 is huge.

Jacksonville will be in great shape with the salary cap in 2014. The 46 players under contract next year are taking up $88,175,974 of cap space and the Jaguars can carryover slightly more than $20 million of unused cap room. With a $125 million salary cap, the Jaguars should have in excess of $50 million in cap room when the 2014 league year starts on March 11.

[urltargetblank]http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Dead-money-leaders.html[/urltargetblank]

rsm650

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":q3v1jjlk said:
The Matt Ryan contract was a bad move. Dude has never been worth a shit with any kind of pressure.

Except that one time...

:(

rottweiler

Reaction score
Not a chance in hell.

As long as the Chiefs so much as back into the playoffs, it's alllllllllllllllllll Andy Reid's to lose.

Polaris

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":omr0fvwt said:
I'm dead serious. Watching them last night and a couple other times is incredible what he's doing. The level of talent, getting guys to buy in and not throw in the towel. Its absolutely amazing.

That said I don't know how in the world Mike Smith keeps his job or Arthur Blank feels good about that Matty Ice contract. Houston is right and there.

I think Mike Smith's is a lot hotter than anyone really guesses. You do realize (this came out afterwards) that had Seattle hung on and won last year's Divisional Round against Atlanta after being down 20, Smith would have been fired that night.

rottweiler

Reaction score
Polaris":1kctuok2 said:
CALIHAWK1":1kctuok2 said:

I think Mike Smith's is a lot hotter than anyone really guesses. You do realize (this came out afterwards) that had Seattle hung on and won last year's Divisional Round against Atlanta after being down 20, Smith would have been fired that night.

Link?

Polaris

Reaction score
rottweiler":3su5v63b said:
Polaris":3su5v63b said:
CALIHAWK1":3su5v63b said:

Link?

I was discussed in the pre-game to the NFC Championship last year. So no I don't have a link handy that's almost a year old.

Edit PS: I believe this came out during immediately after the post-game reports/analysis on TV Sports media after the Divisional Playoff game last year. This report may have been wrong, but I do distinctly remember the commentary that the Atlanta win saved Smith's job because getting the #1 seed and being 1 'n Done again in the playoffs would have been too much. I think it was probably accurate just by looking at the Atlanta sideline including Smith after Seattle scored that late go-ahead TD.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
I remember those reports as well. Smith saved his job with that win, but after this season, even with all the injuries hurting the team, he might get canned.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
No. I think Gus will get that ship rited, and sooner than most people think. I think he will be a better HC than coordinator, but that coordinator bar is pretty low IMHO. If he gets the right personnel and gets away from that softzone mentality he probably be a good HC.