Eli Manning HOF?

seabowl

Reaction score
With living my entire life in NY I have heard my share of east coast bias over the years. One question that I had posed at work was if Eli Manning would make the HOF. IMO even with 2 bowls under his belt I still don't see him at that level. Most of the homers though think he is worthy of it. What's your opinion?

OrFan

Reaction score
A manning will make it there, but it will not be Ellie May.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
The argument for HOF is so far 3 pro bowls, 2 Super Bowls and 2 Super Bowl MVP's. With this you cannot say no way because there is an argument.

NINEster

Reaction score
The argument for yes is the 2011 playoff run from the Cowboy week 17 game to the super bowl. And of course two SB MVPs.

The argument for no is every other season where he is productive but not consistent.

Hard to say.

davidonmi

Reaction score
It'll be close. But ultimately I think he barely misses out. Too inconsistent. 1 more SB and he's an automatic.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I think if he retires after his last SB win, probably. But many more years like this and he will take his name out of any consideration. Actually, I doubt many more years are in the forecast anyway. He never played with much passion, now he's playing without much spark.

Peyton is first ballot, with less accomplished.

chris98251

Reaction score
I look at him without a great defense and a great running game and he isn't able to carry the offense like his brother can, or motivate them like Peyton. If you want to call a QB a game manager I think with the pieces in place Eli is that.

DrDix

Reaction score
Eli is the one person who put a stain on Brady's legacy. Losing to Eli twice in the same fashion in the Super Bowl..I think because of the implications his two SB wins have, he will get in.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
No. Look at his level of suckitude this year, too. Plus, they got hot at the right time for BOTH of their Super Bowl wins. When's the last time Eli made a dominant overall team for a whole year? He has never even had a 12-win season in his career; give me a break.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
seabowl":1bbfwqwl said:
With living my entire life in NY I have heard my share of east coast bias over the years. One question that I had posed at work was if Eli Manning would make the HOF. IMO even with 2 bowls under his belt I still don't see him at that level. Most of the homers though think he is worthy of it. What's your opinion?

Are you talking about an East Coast bias or a Giants fan bias?

Are Pats fans and Eagles fans and Jets fans, etc. saying Eli is HOF worthy right now? If so, that wasn't my experience living on the East Coast. If it's a Giants fan thing, well, yeah, obviously they're a little biased. :)

Personally I don't think his play has been HOF worthy (particularly in this era of exploding QB stats), but I think any QB who was won (and been MVP of) the Super Bowl twice and gone to the Pro-Bowl a few times is definitely in the conversation regardless of what I personally think.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Rankings by overall QB ratings...

2013 #32
2012 #14
2011 #7
2010 #17
2009 #11
2008 #14
2007 #25
2006 #18

That right there is mediocre...

jkitsune

Reaction score
It's unfortunate that the ultimate metric people use to measure QBs is championships. By that metric, Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Dan Marino. It's silly. Super Bowl MVP is an even worse argument - you know who wins that award? Almost always the QB of the winning team, even if they were mediocre. You know how much Pro Bowls mean? Richard Sherman wasn't a Pro Bowler last year.

Eli is not a Hall of Fame quarterback. Tom Brady is, Peyton is, Drew Brees could be (haven't looked at his career very closely, but know he's phenomenal). Eli? No.

penihawk

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":31ue1c40 said:
Rankings by overall QB ratings...

2013 #32
2012 #14
2011 #7
2010 #17
2009 #11
2008 #14
2007 #25
2006 #18

That right there is mediocre...
DING DING DING.....We have a winner!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
What's funny is Wilson finished 4th in the NFL in his rookie year, better than Eli's best career year.

What. A. Joke. Can't believe that chump has two rings.

kigenzun

Reaction score
Personally, I think he sucks, and I've always felt he was/has been a suckass, priveleged, spoiled brat since he nixed San Diego for NY.
As in 'The Neckbeard Calls before Neckbeard showed up'.
But...

2 Super Bowl Rings & 2 Super Bowl MVPs = Automatic Hall of Fame.
Deal with it.
:pukeface:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I've hated him since he demanded a trade as well, Kigenzun. We might have to organize a little bonfire with some gasoline on the premises of the Hall of Fame if Eli gets in. Talk about disgracing the joint.