These guys are probably not just smoking weed

SonomaHawk

Reaction score
From what I understand, much like the PED scapegoat of Adderall, nobody every really says what the drug violation was specifically for. It's either PED or non-PED.

Maybe they are just unwinding with a J and playing video games at night, but when you are making hundreds of thousands of dollars and are young and single and going out at night, you are probably getting into some more serious sh*t.

kidhawk

Reaction score
SonomaHawk":2661umwl said:
From what I understand, much like the PED scapegoat of Adderall, nobody every really says what the drug violation was specifically for. It's either PED or non-PED.

Maybe they are just unwinding with a J and playing video games at night, but when you are making hundreds of thousands of dollars and are young and single and going out at night, you are probably getting into some more serious sh*t.

Doesn't matter what they did. They knowingly broke NFL rules and are rightly being punished for it.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Nearly certain it is weed. Weed is one of the only drugs that is reliably detectable by way of urinalysis.

formido

Reaction score
SonomaHawk":20h9od9j said:

Yeah, so what? If an adult wants to pop a Molly, they should be able to. It's a travesty that these young rich guys can't party on their own time. All that should matter is their performance on the team.

Pstark3

Reaction score
formido":xb1xayci said:
SonomaHawk":xb1xayci said:

Yeah, so what? If an adult wants to pop a Molly, they should be able to. It's a travesty that these young rich guys can't party on their own time. All that should matter is their performance on the team.
I mean why should athletes have to abide by the law?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Why does it matter? What insight is to be gained from this discussion? I honestly don't care. There was non-performance drug on the banned list, and they apparently used it. Case closed.

A

Anonymous

I dunno.

At some point you've got to celebrate some successes along the way, but you'd think that what lies ahead has enough importance to "just say no" so you can be sure to play in a superbowl.

Atradees

Reaction score

That's so Al Davis! (ruffles hair)

The Radish

Reaction score
formido":20jsqffp said:
SonomaHawk":20jsqffp said:

Because they signed a contract to get paid tons of money from a huge corporation and one of the rules was they not do that until they retire,(or the offseason) What's so freaking hard about that?

:141847_bnono:

OP
OP
SonomaHawk

SonomaHawk

Reaction score
I agree it doesn't matter really-- although it mystifies me that a presumably off-field recreational drug use carries such a heavier penalty than an off-field DUI, gun-related or violent crime incident.

kidhawk

Reaction score
SonomaHawk":1x4jx5hd said:
I agree it doesn't matter really-- although it mystifies me that a presumably off-field recreational drug use carries such a heavier penalty than an off-field DUI, gun-related or violent crime incident.

First offense doesn't even get a suspension....Browner is a multi-offender

pmedic920

Reaction score
Yea, the point is they signed a contract. In said contract is a clause "follow the dam rules", I'm sure of it.
Doesn't matter if it said "don't eat twinkies". If you eat the Twinkie you will be punished.
Oh and by the way. The punishment will effect your whole team, and probably jeopardize the teams chances of winning a championship.
We will be ok as Seahawk fans.
I just hope they really enjoyed themselves and at the end of the day, they can say "worth it"

hawker84

Reaction score

I agree, I'm going to talk to my bosses at the Dept. of Energy about this, what i do on my own time is none of their business as long as it doesn't impair my work performance. Should go over pretty well Right?

themunn

Reaction score
Pstark3":1w24jgzr said:
formido":1w24jgzr said:
SonomaHawk":1w24jgzr said:

Whether it should be law is another discussion for another time.

The question right now is, which laws are the important ones in the eyes of the NFL?

DUI?
breaking and entering a donut store? (and theft!).
Dog torture? The NFL "banned" Vick from the NFL, but as soon as he left prison the NFL welcomed him back with open arms!

Oh no, the guy enjoying a recreational drug that isn't alcohol or nicotine is the guy we should ban for a year.

and if it WAS for pot... it isn't even a crime in seattle!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
themunn":1mvz3f1m said:
Pstark3":1mvz3f1m said:
formido":1mvz3f1m said:
SonomaHawk":1mvz3f1m said:

Whether it should be law is another discussion for another time.

The question right now is, which laws are the important ones in the eyes of the NFL?

DUI?
breaking and entering a donut store? (and theft!).
Dog torture? The NFL "banned" Vick from the NFL, but as soon as he left prison the NFL welcomed him back with open arms!

Oh no, the guy enjoying a recreational drug that isn't alcohol or nicotine is the guy we should ban for a year.

and if it WAS for pot... it isn't even a crime in seattle!

You are showing your ignorance.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Serious s*** is out of your system in in hours. Two days for habitual daily users tops. Thats what is so stupid about drug tests. The only thing they test for is something so minor and stupid.

Also, its the PNW. I heard a rumor that probably mostly bs but I think it was a former player that said only a handful of guys on any given Oregon team don't blaze.

Largent80

Reaction score
When going to a game and the drinking excess that happens every time....do you get in your car and drive home afterward?

Or have you ever driven impaired?

Most of the people I know from this very board including myself have made that boneheaded move.

A lot less on the line career wise but dumb nonetheless.