do you take the cardinals seriously?

Are the 2013 Arizona Cardinals legitimate postseason contenders?

• Yes

Votes: 43 69.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Your mom, dude.

Votes: 10 16.1%

• Total voters

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
If for any reason, because they appear to be getting hot at the most dangerous time of the year. If you can put up a lot of points as December rolls around, you're to be taken seriously. I just looked at their schedule though and see they are 4-0 in the last four against ATL, Jax, Houston and Indy, though. That indy win was impressive, no doubt.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Three of their four losses are divisional games. That means that they are 7-1 against any team not in the NFC West. They are a good football team.

Edit: As mentioned on a sports show, they have defeated both Carolina and The Colts.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Don't care.

We play them at home, and even if they make the playoffs, we are home again.

Never count on Carson Palmer.

They seem to win in bunches, then lose in bigger bunches.

They are on par with the Niners and Rams. Should be a good fight for second place and the wild card.

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":1asengqi said:
Three of their four losses are divisional games. That means that they are 7-1 against any team not in the NFC West. They are a good football team.

Edit: As mentioned on a sports show, they have defeated both Carolina and The Colts.

That Carolina win is their most impressive IMHO.

I'm not sure if the Cardinals beat the Colts, or if it was a much simpler issue of Bruce Arians' having beaten Chuck Pagano because of Arians' familiarity with Pagano's bag of tricks.

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
Johnny":165jgz2w said:
They are 6-2 in the last 8 games.... so yeah we better take them seriously...

They are 2-2 on the road, though.

And those two wins were at Jacksonville and Tampa Bay — the Tampa win early in the season, when the Bucs hella sucked.

I can't help but think the Cards are a fluff team, myself.

HansGruber

Reaction score
They've been darn good lately, and it's just silly to downplay that. That Indy game was a dominating performance in every aspect of the game. They crushed the Colts. You could see luck literally give up on the game near the end. The cards are playing tough physical football and it'd be foolish to write them off. They might even knock the ninnies outta the playoffs.

themunn

Reaction score
rottweiler":1iergvth said:
Johnny":1iergvth said:

And those two wins were at Jacksonville and Tampa Bay — the Tampa win early in the season, when the Bucs hella sucked.

2-1 on the road, given their other loss was at home to us...
They have 3 very winnable games coming up now,at Philly, at home to St Louis and at Tennessee, that would put them at 10-4 if they manage it, and with a game at home to the Niners to clinch a playoff spot

It would be cool if all 4 NFC West teams finished above 0.500, but the Rams have to face SF, NO and us - and who knows what version of the Bucs too. Conceivably, they could lose out despite putting up 80 points over their last 2 games.

Decimation

Reaction score
Do I take them seriously? No. But I could possibly see them take the Wild Card spot from the Niners.

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
themunn":1td0t8ef said:
rottweiler":1td0t8ef said:
Johnny":1td0t8ef said:

2-1 on the road, given their other loss was at home to us...

Incorrect — both of us.

They are 2-3.

They have lost to St. Louis, New Orleans and San Francisco on the road:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule?team=ARI

Subzero717

Reaction score
They are 7-4 and play in the best division in football. They have a legit defense with a good secondary. Carson Pakmer has his flaws but the Arians offense is going to lead to TO's. See Luck last year and the alleged reason Pittsburgh went in a different direction. Recieving corp I would say are in the top 5. They are a good football team. I don't know if I take them seriouslt enough to win the whole thing but, seriously enough not to sleep on them. If they get in the tourney I could see them beating some teams and making some noise.

The win over the Colts I would say is a credit to knowing the Colts better than Pagano and the Colts getting a little lax with all the praise. The Rams crudhed them too.

uncle fester

Reaction score
They currently have a better record than any team in the nationally-beloved NFC East or NFC North.

6 teams in the whole NFL currently have a better record than them.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Right now our focus is the Saints, but EVERY team should be respected. Even winless teams can give you trouble. ;)

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I take them seriously in that they're not a bad team and I think overlooking anyone is a mistake, but I don't think they're as good as their record. They very well could take the wild card spot, but the NFL is flukey that way, so I guess my honest answer is "I take them seriously, but not as seriously as they're being taken."

Throwdown

Reaction score
Their defense is really good at football

But they have Carson Palmer, so... Am I really all that scared? no not really, but their defense is good at football.

Kakaww

Reaction score
Throwdown":g5fxitst said:

But they have Carson Palmer, so... Am I really all that scared? no not really, but their defense is good at football.

Think we can get some more mileage from this comment-

But they have Colin Kaepernick, so... Am I really all that scared? no not really, but their defense is good at football.

But they have Kellen Clemons, so... Am I really all that scared? no not really, but their defense is good at football.

Latest posts