More flags for great defense: on Quarterback safety.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
This whole football thing, its still a bit too macho for my taste. In place of guys like Cutler and Rodgers, when will we get to see a woman throw calling the audibles? This offseason, we're getting just a liiiiiittle bit closer.

Ready for some Friday morning cold, hard, indisputable facts!?!?

ESPN via AP":svotpry1 said:
It probably is not a coincidence that the seven teams with sole possession of first place in their division entering Thursday started the same guy behind center every week: New England (Tom Brady), Indianapolis (Andrew Luck), Cincinnati (Andy Dalton), Kansas City (Alex Smith), New Orleans (Drew Brees), Detroit (Matthew Stafford) and Seattle (Russell Wilson). So has Denver (Peyton Manning), which at 8-1 has the league's second-best record but is in second place in the AFC West behind unbeaten Kansas City entering their showdown Sunday night.

I think this year is a coincidence. Prepare for many head shaking moments in the coming years.

Side note, LOL, where's Kaep? Did he miss a game or something?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/99773 ... arterbacks

RichNhansom

Reaction score
What's sad is only one injury out of all the injured QB's was injured on a play that could draw a flag based on the rules and not even one of the new " protect the QB" rules.

Unfortunately it is as much about high scoring offenses as it is about protection. Maybe even more with the thinking being to force defenses to play without touching the QB. Nearly impossible and very beneficial for marketing the game.

Truth is high performing QB's are easy to sell and the gan base doesn't care that it is only because defenses are not allowed to touch the QB or even the receivers.

Unfortunately it is ruining the old school smash mouth football we all fell in love with but it is what it is. I don't think the NFL will be happy until games are averaging 50 to 47 pount s a game.