was already thinking about the 49'ers vs. Saints

niveky

Reaction score
and then saw a fb link where Sherman i guess talks about it..haven't read it yet...but I was already thinking that I would rather that the 49'ers beat the Saints and then the Hawks would hopefully beat the 49'ers week 14. That way both teams get big losses. Sure the 49'ers would get a win this week, but they would still be 2 games back and then go to 3 games back in the division with a Seahawk win that week. As for the Saints, if the 49'ers do win then the Saints would also be 2 games back for the #1 Seed. Basically that would allow the Seahawks to knock them 3 games back with a victory on Monday night week 13. There has already been a lot of talk about schedules the rest of the way and the Hawks have a very favorable one. It would be nice for the Hawks to actively put both teams 3 games back in those two areas.

nategreat

Reaction score
The difference between winning a wild card and the division in HUGE. We could have the second best record in the league, but if the Niner's have the best record, the best we could do is a 5 seed.

Plus I'm sure we can all agree that we hate the Niners. Therefore, go Saints!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
winning the division has priority over everything else.

if we win the division, more than likely, we would be the 2 seed at worst.

If somehow the niners go on a tear and overtake us we could drop to the 5th.

More importantly if you assume we beat the Saints at home it's a moot point, really. So if you want the niners to beat then then what you're really saying is you are skeptical we can beat the saints at home.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ROFL @ Popeye pointing out to .NET members that there's already a thread on this.

Good work Popeye, you're alright despite what the neighbors say.

OP
OP
niveky

niveky

Reaction score
Hawknballs":8dd9s1bn said:
winning the division has priority over everything else.

if we win the division, more than likely, we would be the 2 seed at worst.

If somehow the niners go on a tear and overtake us we could drop to the 5th.

More importantly if you assume we beat the Saints at home it's a moot point, really. So if you want the niners to beat then then what you're really saying is you are skeptical we can beat the saints at home.

um no...i actually had as part of the premise of my post that the Seahawks beating the Saints on Monday night of week 13 after the Saints theoretically defeat the 49'ers this week would put the Saints 3 games back on them for the #1 playoff seed. Assuming that the Saints didn't lose any other games before then and that the Seahawks don't somehow lay an egg sunday(which i seriously doubt they will). but will check out the other thread since it's been pointed out.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I get great joy watching the niners get beat no matter what. The Saints present more of a problem for the Seahawks, but if the Seahawks just keep doing what they have been, we don't need to worry AND we get to watch the niners get beat. Saints win and then get their hopes crushed in Seattle.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Brees is too good to get beat 3 in a row by my Niners, that's why last weeks squeaker loss was a killer.
We basically have to run the table to win the division.
That's isn't going to happen this year with Kap and the passing game, from the looks of it.
This is what happens when your FO adds absolutely nothing to the passing game in back to back drafts.

But if Crabtree pulls off some Adrian Peterson like recovery come playoffs, look out.
That's a big IF obviously.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I gotta go with the Saints in this one. The division will give us no less than a 2 seed the way I see it. The division first, HFA later. Even without that logic I just enjoy a Niner loss. Especially after this offseason. I will be honest, the Niners never won a Super Bowl that I didn't want them to, but after my first visit to Niner forums in 2003 that whole thinking changed.

If they played Pittsburgh in a Super Bowl I would wave a Terrible Towel. In this case, my interest is separation in the division.

The Niners could win this game if they stick with the run all game, but if it turns out to be a shootout the Niners are toast. If Kaeperstank can't get it rolling in this game and they lose he might need to borrow Sammy's turtle shell to hide in.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Weadoption":19jfls2o said:
Brees is too good to get beat 3 in a row by my Niners, that's why last weeks squeaker loss was a killer.
That's isn't going to happen this year with Kap and the passing game, from the looks of it.
This is what happens when your FO adds absolutely nothing to the passing game in back to back drafts.

But if Crabtree pulls off some Adrian Peterson like recovery come playoffs, look out.

Without looking at stats, after seeing the game last year and the playoff game in 2011 the Niners appeared to get a ridiculous number of turnovers. It killed at least 4 drives in '11 and last year it was directly turned into points.

The other thing is VD, is he playing? If Crabtree is on, that is fine but Davis has proven to be serious trouble to the Saints. They should be running the ball, but we'll see how long they stick with it. If Gore has 70 yards at halftime and the Niners are within 14, Roman would be stupid to bail on the run.

That said I hope NOLA has a record breaking day. :)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rideaducati":l8ri183b said:
I get great joy watching the niners get beat no matter what. The Saints present more of a problem for the Seahawks, but if the Seahawks just keep doing what they have been, we don't need to worry AND we get to watch the niners get beat. Saints win and then get their hopes crushed in Seattle.
Remember though between the 49ers and Saints it's the Saints that probably have the tougher schedule going forward. Besides anytime the Ninners lose is "good" as Palatine says.....:)

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I am looking forward to seeing Harvin get his first action but I am more interested in the Saints - 49er game. Should be a good one.

Polaris

Reaction score
Happypuppy":341irzgp said:
I am looking forward to seeing Harvin get his first action but I am more interested in the Saints - 49er game. Should be a good one.

I am more concerned that the 'hawks win (which I think they will). As long as we take care of business, then the Niners @ Saints game is one I can sit back, and munch the popcorn with glee because no matter who wins that game, WE WIN. [That said, I do think a Saints win is marginally better than a Niners win.]

As Sherman put it, "Can't they both lose?"

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Weadoption":2yz5mop8 said:

AJ Jenkins wasn't nothing. You guys used a high pick on a guy who you thought would make a great #2 to Crabtree. Thankfully for us that pick tanked worse than the Titanic.