New fan

ijumpedship

Reaction score
Not sure how you guys will receive me but I'm going to be honest from the outset. I probably won't make my initial post too lengthy. If you guys have questions, feel free to ask.

Long story short. I've just about had it with the dallas cowboys. I invest way too much into that POS organization and I can't handle how horribly that franchise is run any longer. I've decided to adopt a new team and I've chosen the Seattle Seahawks. Hope I will be welcomed here...I have a ton to learn about the current organization. I look forward to spending some time here and enjoying some seahawks football!

IJS

BlueTalon

Reaction score
You picked a good year to do it. Seahawks football has a history of tearing your heart out in cruel ways, but if you're really hitching your wagon here, you're in for a good ride.

rsm650

Reaction score
Welcome - just don't jump ship again when this team starts falling apart. You should also visit Washington; I'm glad I lived there for a while (DO NOT attend UW if you're looking for higher ed; F the Huskies ;))

OP
OP
I

ijumpedship

Reaction score
Wow. Pretty good board. Multiple replies already.

Few things.

1) I don't like the fact that the team I'm jumping too is so good.

2) I mainly chose Seattle because of Wilson. Believe it or not. But I have been a HUGE Wilson fan dating back to NCST. I don't want to say I've been a fan of his before anyone else. But it's pretty true lol.

3) I love the way Seattle plays football. Great defense. Smash mouth football. Absolutely awesome.

4) the 12th man is insane. The atmosphere at (AT&T stadium) cowboys stadium is pitiful. I'm jealous of the 12th man. Going to a game in Seattle is at the top of my list.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Color me skeptical. But I know where your coming from. When I was a kid Roger Staubach (and the Cowboys by association)was my hero. Then in 1976 the Seahawks came to be and I jumped ship not long after. No going back!

OP
OP
I

ijumpedship

Reaction score
No idea who Derek is. Yeah. I know. That's the common response. This isn't my first forum. First Seattle one though. Surely Derek knows something about the hawks. I literally know almost nothing. If you want to quiz me on cowboys football, I'll ace the crap out of your exam.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Welcome to the light. Took you long enough. We won't hold the convenience of the timing against you, seeing as how you made the right choice. After all, I can only imagine the pain of rooting for the Cowboys. ;) That said, you only get one chance with us. Don't blow it!

Go Hawks! :th2thumbs:

drdiags

Reaction score
Welcome man but don't give up on your team. Owners change, coaches come and go. The Seahawks were just 4 years from having Jim Mora as the HC and other dysfunction. How long have you been a Boys fan? 10-20 yrs? Or longer? You may as well go to the grave with the girl that brung ya (an old Chuck Knox quote).

Plus after you see how badly they drag your old team's name through the mud it is going to start eating at ya. Anyway, good luck and have some fun. The Seahawks are just like your hot girl on the side, but momma better not find out or she is going to take all your toys. :thirishdrinkers:

Sac

Reaction score
ijumpedship":3de893oc said:
If you want to quiz me on cowboys football, I'll ace the crap out of your exam.

Sure thing, Derek. *wink* *wink*

Question: Why is Tony Romo so anti-clutch?

Veilside

Reaction score
I have to say, I find it humorous that you chose a name that will always remind us that you're a new fan.

Russ is easy to root for so I respect your reason for switching especially since you've been a fan of his for longer than most of us.

I gotta ask, how bad did you want the Cowboys to draft RW and how did you feel after seeing him come here? Did you think he could start right away?

Oh, and welcome aboard!

OP
OP
I

ijumpedship

Reaction score
Tony Romo is a good QB. Much better than people think. It's not his fault he plays for a shit organization.

People don't realize how much weight he has to carry. You guys have it easy. Wilson has a great run game and defense to lean on. Romo has nothing.

Does Romo make boneheaded mistakes? Absolutely. But not many QBs can play perfectly w no help.