New fan

Throwdown

Reaction score
Sounds like the Mariners, they also like to stand in the way of getting the NBA back, and bringing the NHL here, they are the worst ever, don't even deserve the last bit of love that Seattle gives them, i jumped off that ship last season, its not worth it anymore.

But WELCOME!

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
ijumpedship":11dyz9th said:
The Outfield":11dyz9th said:
ijumpedship":11dyz9th said:
The Outfield":11dyz9th said:
Yeah, there's no way I'd give up on the Seahawks, even if they were in the Cowboys situation. Heck, I haven't even given up on the Mariners and you could very well argue they're in a much worse situation than the Cowboys.

No. Not correct. I root for many teams that suck. It's when you root for an organization that is run by a moron who refuses to change bc he all he cares about is attention and money, then you realize you are wasting your time.

17 years. 1 playoff win. Find me another GM who would still have a job. Nobody.

Mariners history: http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/SEA/

/thread

I don't know enough about the mariners to comment. But I'm positive their situation isn't like the cowboys situation. Jerry doesn't give a shit about his fans. He cares about his pockets. Until how pockets are affected, nothing will change.

Yeah, they're exactly like the Mariners.

OP
OP
I

ijumpedship

Reaction score
Except the cowboys bring in millions and millions and millions. One of the biggest and most valuable franchises in the world. Huge fan base. How does Jerry repay his fans? W a big FU.

Throwdown

Reaction score
ijumpedship":2x7nbpxi said:
Except the cowboys bring in millions and millions and millions. One of the biggest and most valuable franchises in the world. Huge fan base. How does Jerry repay his fans? W a big FU.

At least they got something! Seattle gets NUFFIN, not even an FU.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Enjoy the Wilson jersey. May it be the first of many. I got the Wilson wolf Gray one after the Hawks hung 50 on the Bills wearing those LY. Hope you get to the CLink for a game soon. Maybe the Hawks will play in Dallas sometime soon.

The Outfield

Reaction score
ijumpedship":3mq2mmfb said:
The Outfield":3mq2mmfb said:
ijumpedship":3mq2mmfb said:
The Outfield":3mq2mmfb said:
Yeah, there's no way I'd give up on the Seahawks, even if they were in the Cowboys situation. Heck, I haven't even given up on the Mariners and you could very well argue they're in a much worse situation than the Cowboys.

No. Not correct. I root for many teams that suck. It's when you root for an organization that is run by a moron who refuses to change bc he all he cares about is attention and money, then you realize you are wasting your time.

17 years. 1 playoff win. Find me another GM who would still have a job. Nobody.

Mariners history: http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/SEA/

/thread

I don't know enough about the mariners to comment. But I'm positive their situation isn't like the cowboys situation. Jerry doesn't give a shit about his fans. He cares about his pockets. Until how pockets are affected, nothing will change.

We had an owner named Hiroshi Yamauchi since 1992 that lived in Japan and had never been to a single Mariners game. That owner passed away in September (now our owner is just faceless Nintendo). The ownership is represented by two guys, Howard Lincoln and Chuck Armstrong, who have done an absolutely horrid job putting talent on the field and supplying the team with the resources they need to succeed. We've had a winning record only twice in the past 10 years and have not been to the playoffs in that time period. On top of that, we've had winning records only 10 times out of the 37 years of history (and only 4 of those years we went to the playoffs).

I think Cowboy fans have less to be sad about.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Throwdown":3eqbni1r said:
ijumpedship":3eqbni1r said:

Pretty sure they they made that clear when they tried to stop the Sonics from coming back and the NHL here.

jhawk91

Reaction score
Throwdown":38yraeaq said:
ijumpedship":38yraeaq said:

Nope, they give seattle as speech about how they are going to compete and fallow with a 90 loss season, stupid mariners

Throwdown

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2ny9oqad said:
Throwdown":2ny9oqad said:
ijumpedship":2ny9oqad said:

Pretty sure they they made that clear when they tried to stop the Sonics from coming back and the NHL here.

Its a shame, could've had a franchise that actually went to the playoffs if they had built an arena instead of that baseball stadium, too bad the timing was off.

OP
OP
I

ijumpedship

Reaction score
No offense to the mariners. But let's not compare them to the cowboys. Mariners may be awful but they don't have the following the cowboys have.

Throwdown

Reaction score
ijumpedship":nwcbbnnp said:
No offense to the mariners. But let's not compare them to the cowboys. Mariners may be awful but they don't have the following the cowboys have.

Cowboys have world titles, Mariners struggle to get a win period. No offense at all.

OP
OP
I

ijumpedship

Reaction score
Precisely. The cowboys have a tradition. A history full of success. Then this ass comes along and turns a storied franchise into shit.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Ooh oooh I have a contribution to this thread: the Mariners suck balls.

Lincoln, Armstrong, and anyone spending money on that atrocious product need to be tarred and feathered in pioneer square.

jkitsune

Reaction score
You know you've arrived as an organization when Cowboys fans are ditching their team to be Seahawks fans. How backwards would that have been considered not so long ago?

Anyways, Derek, I hope you have a good time here, but the Cowboys will come around someday. Going through hard times makes the good ones that much more meaningful, in football as in life.

Kakaww

Reaction score
ijumpedship":hud4rly7 said:
Precisely. The cowboys have a tradition. A history full of success. Then this ass comes along and turns a storied franchise into shit.

3 titles ain't terrible. We would love to have 1! Hopefully this year. Do Cowboy fans pull out the "5 Rings" argument like Niner fans do when they are losing an argument?

Hard to believe "Americas Team" has only 1 playoff win since Switzer was head coach.

All the Jerry hate I've heard through the years, and there has been a lot, is always pretty non specific. What specific things do you feel he has done that is holding the Cowboys back?

jhawk91

Reaction score
ijumpedship":1nt5yjpy said:

Why not stick with em then? Jerry will be gone soon enough and maybe things will turn around then. That's part of being a fan is sticking with the team (unless it the Mariners, screw them) especially if you invested so much into them like you said.

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
ijumpedship":1i9usy8m said:
Not sure how you guys will receive me but I'm going to be honest from the outset. I probably won't make my initial post too lengthy. If you guys have questions, feel free to ask.

Long story short. I've just about had it with the dallas cowboys. I invest way too much into that POS organization and I can't handle how horribly that franchise is run any longer. I've decided to adopt a new team and I've chosen the Seattle Seahawks. Hope I will be welcomed here...I have a ton to learn about the current organization. I look forward to spending some time here and enjoying some seahawks football!

IJS

First of All welcome to .net and more importantly welcome to the 12th Man!! I can't hate on you for switching teams cuz I used to be a Packers fan when I was a kid because my favorite color was green.... Then I realized I lived in Seattle and we had a team. Lol.

Being a hawks fan is what you make of it, through the good and the bad. Personally I am a hawks fan for life, I couldn't switch teams even if I wanted to... Unless I own a team in the future.

If you havnt done so already, I highly recommend going to a hawks game at home in Seattle. Once you experience a game at the Clink you will be hooked for life. Cheers! -12

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Hey, my team isn't as good as I want it to be so I'm going to pick a team that already is!

Rats jump off a sinking ship.

Pretty tacky, in my opinion. I have no respect for front-runner fans.

But at least you are honest about what you are. I respect that.

djb28

Reaction score
Hello. With that said, I don't know how someone just leaves their team? I have been a fan of this team since 1981 that is 11 years old. There's been a lot of bad times here. But even in the bad times it was exciting.. I don't know, I just don't get it.

Latest posts