New fan

MysterMatt

Reaction score
ijumpedship":hsu7pfnj said:
Wow. Pretty good board. Multiple replies already.

Few things.

1) I don't like the fact that the team I'm jumping too is so good.

2) I mainly chose Seattle because of Wilson. Believe it or not. But I have been a HUGE Wilson fan dating back to NCST. I don't want to say I've been a fan of his before anyone else. But it's pretty true lol.

3) I love the way Seattle plays football. Great defense. Smash mouth football. Absolutely awesome.

4) the 12th man is insane. The atmosphere at (AT&T stadium) cowboys stadium is pitiful. I'm jealous of the 12th man. Going to a game in Seattle is at the top of my list.
Schmoozing is a good tactic for a newb. Welcome aboard!

Sac

Reaction score
MysterMatt":2enzqt7x said:
ijumpedship":2enzqt7x said:
Wow. Pretty good board. Multiple replies already.

Few things.

1) I don't like the fact that the team I'm jumping too is so good.

2) I mainly chose Seattle because of Wilson. Believe it or not. But I have been a HUGE Wilson fan dating back to NCST. I don't want to say I've been a fan of his before anyone else. But it's pretty true lol.

3) I love the way Seattle plays football. Great defense. Smash mouth football. Absolutely awesome.

4) the 12th man is insane. The atmosphere at (AT&T stadium) cowboys stadium is pitiful. I'm jealous of the 12th man. Going to a game in Seattle is at the top of my list.
Schmoozing is a good tactic for a newb. Welcome aboard!

His name is Derek.

It is known.

OP
OP
I

ijumpedship

Reaction score
I didn't want dallas to draft RW. I did and still do believe in Romo. That organization has a laundry list of things that need to be fixed and Romo isn't on the top 20 of that list.

I wasn't too concerned where RW was going. I liked him a lot at NCST and even at Wisconsin for that one season but even I didn't anticipate him being this good.

rsm650

Reaction score
ijumpedship":3updrnpo said:
Tony Romo is a good QB. Much better than people think. It's not his fault he plays for a shit organization.

People don't realize how much weight he has to carry. You guys have it easy. Wilson has a great run game and defense to lean on. Romo has nothing.

Does Romo make boneheaded mistakes? Absolutely. But not many QBs can play perfectly w no help.

You'd better start referring "you guys" as "we" now :)

OP
OP
I

ijumpedship

Reaction score
drdiags":1n6zbvwb said:
Welcome man but don't give up on your team. Owners change, coaches come and go. The Seahawks were just 4 years from having Jim Mora as the HC and other dysfunction. How long have you been a Boys fan? 10-20 yrs? Or longer? You may as well go to the grave with the girl that brung ya (an old Chuck Knox quote).

Plus after you see how badly they drag your old team's name through the mud it is going to start eating at ya. Anyway, good luck and have some fun. The Seahawks are just like your hot girl on the side, but momma better not find out or she is going to take all your toys. :thirishdrinkers:

I've ultimately decided that as long as Jerry is alive that franchise has no chance. I devote too much time and money to be treated the way I'm treated. Cowboys fans deserve better. But we will never get it w Jerry in charge. Sounds rude but I can't wait for him to die. He's an evil man.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Welcome! It's really a shame what has happened to the Cowboys. I feel bad for the fans. That game against NO was absolutely horrid. Jerry made a huuuuge mistake firing Ryan (though I wouldn't blame Ryan for leaving anyway).

SeaTown81

Reaction score
drdiags":2e8h5fl1 said:
Welcome man but don't give up on your team. Owners change, coaches come and go. The Seahawks were just 4 years from having Jim Mora as the HC and other dysfunction. How long have you been a Boys fan? 10-20 yrs? Or longer? You may as well go to the grave with the girl that brung ya (an old Chuck Knox quote).

Plus after you see how badly they drag your old team's name through the mud it is going to start eating at ya. Anyway, good luck and have some fun. The Seahawks are just like your hot girl on the side, but momma better not find out or she is going to take all your toys. :thirishdrinkers:

The ol' wise one is correct. It's sticking through the tough times that make the good ones worth it. We as Seattle fans know this better than anyone.

That said...Cowboys. (shudder) Let's just say I could understand.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Yeah, there's no way I'd give up on the Seahawks, even if they were in the Cowboys situation. Heck, I haven't even given up on the Mariners and you could very well argue they're in a much worse situation than the Cowboys.

OP
OP
I

ijumpedship

Reaction score
SeaTown81":wz9cpamz said:
drdiags":wz9cpamz said:

The ol' wise one is correct. It's sticking through the tough times that make the good ones worth it. We as Seattle fans know this better than anyone.

That said...Cowboys. (shudder) Let's just say I could understand.

I agree w this wholeheartedly. That's why I'm semi hesitant to pick a good team. The good times won't be special. The problem is. There wot be good times in dallas for MANY MANY years.

OP
OP
I

ijumpedship

Reaction score
The Outfield":28znrfa3 said:
Yeah, there's no way I'd give up on the Seahawks, even if they were in the Cowboys situation. Heck, I haven't even given up on the Mariners and you could very well argue they're in a much worse situation than the Cowboys.

No. Not correct. I root for many teams that suck. It's when you root for an organization that is run by a moron who refuses to change bc he all he cares about is attention and money, then you realize you are wasting your time.

17 years. 1 playoff win. Find me another GM who would still have a job. Nobody.

The Outfield

Reaction score
ijumpedship":llgvgbxc said:
The Outfield":llgvgbxc said:

No. Not correct. I root for many teams that suck. It's when you root for an organization that is run by a moron who refuses to change bc he all he cares about is attention and money, then you realize you are wasting your time.

Mariners history: http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/SEA/

/thread

OP
OP
I

ijumpedship

Reaction score
I've been a cowboys fan for over 20 years. I'm only 29. It's all that I know. If you think I can just make the switch without batting an eye, it can't happen. I've invested so much into that team. But I'm ready to move on. It will take time. I'm ready to try. So here I am.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Welcome! You are absolutely right about JJ being the problem. Man you guys had Tom Landry, coolest coach ever until PC, Danny and Randy White, Ed Too Tall Jones, and the list goes on. Then JJ comes in and takes over. Funny thing is that if JJ was his own boss he'd of fired himself 100x by now.

I'm in Omaha for work and have been wearing my Hawks gear of course. Someone asked me if Im a bandwagoner. I laughed. Born and raised in the PNW. I said, "No such thing for the Hawks." Pretty cool Im wrong. Again welcome, never look back and enjoy the ride.

Which Jersey you going to get first?

OP
OP
I

ijumpedship

Reaction score
The Outfield":8t58bdkb said:
ijumpedship":8t58bdkb said:
The Outfield":8t58bdkb said:

Mariners history: http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/SEA/

/thread

I don't know enough about the mariners to comment. But I'm positive their situation isn't like the cowboys situation. Jerry doesn't give a shit about his fans. He cares about his pockets. Until how pockets are affected, nothing will change.

OP
OP
I

ijumpedship

Reaction score
Timberhawk":2qwkrh5c said:
Welcome! You are absolutely right about JJ being the problem. Man you guys had Tom Landry, coolest coach ever until PC, Danny and Randy White, Ed Too Tall Jones, and the list goes on. Then JJ comes in and takes over. Funny thing is that if JJ was his own boss he'd of fired himself 100x by now.

I'm in Omaha for work and have been wearing my Hawks gear of course. Someone asked me if Im a bandwagoner. I laughed. Born and raised in the PNW. I said, "No such thing for the Hawks." Pretty cool Im wrong. Again welcome, never look back and enjoy the ride.

Which Jersey you going to get first?

Definitely Wilson. He's one of my favorite players in the entire nfl.

Love Earl Thomas. I wanted Dallas to draft him. We took dez that year so that wasn't too bad. But I did curse the TV set when ET went off the board.