NFC East - Maybe 7-9 Playoff team?

nsport

Reaction score
Looking up and down that division, it doesn't look that great for them. The team that sorta passes the sniff test is the Cowboys, but they are sooooo inconsistent it's not even funny - and their D is really not very good overall. The Eagles however are 5-1 on the road. Makes no sense... but they do have some intangibles on offense that make them a bit scary. In either case, both are glaringly jeckyl and hyde-ish. I think it's realistic we are talking another sub-500 division winner - high end 9-7, probably 8-8 wins that division outright. Sad but also entertaining after having to listen to people a few years ago talking about our 7-9 weak division title.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I hope the NFC Least division winner does win it at 7-9, just so it'll curb the talk of expanding the playoffs for a while.

OP
OP
nsport

nsport

Reaction score
That's a good point... usually 10-6 is the borderline for somewhat safely making the playoffs - 9-7 is usually a reach. I don't mind an auto-berth if you win your division, but to make the playoffs you should at least be relevant as a wild card.

Axx

Reaction score
Nick foleys gonna go alls way to superbowl

mrblitz

Reaction score
nfc eas is pretty bad this year. i know some people want each division represented in the playoffs, but it might be better just to take the top 6 records from each conference, regardless of division.

White Knight

Reaction score
I want the "vaunted" NFC least to have a 7-9 division winner just so I can listen to every pundit across the land tap-dance about why it's "different" & laugh in their hypocritical twitter faces.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I will be watching for all mediots to DEMAND postseason changes in regards to seeding if this happens...while laughing hysterically because the niners have to travel to play an away game in the wildcard round against a 7-9 team on the east coast...