RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans 12m
Matt Schaub will not play this week. #Texans
Retweeted by NFL

BUAHAHAHAHAHA. Sucks to be him.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Well, when you look bad against THE RAMS of all teams, you're career should just end.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Is it accurate to say he was "benched"? He injured his ankle last week.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":frj4hv34 said:
Yeah, and Alex Smith was just out due to injury last year, too.

did you see the play he hurt his ankle on? It looked bad.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Trrrroy":j53tqsse said:
I'm not trying to say he didn't actually get injured, I'm just saying I think Kubiak muttered "Thank God!" under his breath when it happened, and that if any other QB on the roster can manage to show any promise, he'll be the starter after Schaub's healthy again.

kearly

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1bmhc21n said:
Trrrroy":1bmhc21n said:
I'm not trying to say he didn't actually get injured, I'm just saying I think Kubiak muttered "Thank God!" under his breath when it happened, and that if any other QB on the roster can manage to show any promise, he'll be the starter after Schaub's healthy again.

Then Kubiak is a moron. If the Texans go 4-12, he very well might lose his job. Schaub played a very tough schedule in the early part of the season. He's probably good enough to get Houston to 6+ wins. Yates is a big step down, and Keenum (who I liked in college) is a Jeff Garcia type QB who would be in the CFL if not for his local connections.

Also, I think it's pretty obvious that Schaub couldn't play if he wanted. That ankle injury looked BAD. Much ado about nothing, IMO.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If Kubiak knows he's out if they finish with a losing record sticking with Schaub, why not experiment? At least then you'll have a chance. :) Blatant speculation obviously, but still.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Throwdown":3kdbia9z said:
Well, when you look bad against THE RAMS of all teams, you're career should just end.
the rams are a great team, just ask ramzfan, mr st Louis and avenger

Throwdown

Reaction score
davidonmi":auovgfau said:
Throwdown":auovgfau said:
the rams are a great team, just ask ramzfan, mr st Louis and avenger

Yeah but we all know they broke into the doctors office while hiding their medications under their tongues to post their crap from that St. Louis area a Mental Hospital.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Trrrroy":q6yrdejq said:
RolandDeschain":q6yrdejq said:
Yeah, and Alex Smith was just out due to injury last year, too.

It was really bad. The only worse one I recall recently was RGIII at the end. Shaub's ankle went two different ways as he was landed on.

And the next QB they put in immediately through a pick six. It's not like he's the better option.

I honestly felt bad for Shaub during the game. He played a great first half - them getting behind was not on him.

hawker84

Reaction score
Schaub is the best QB the Texans have, which well.... sucks to be a texans fan. benching him is basically giving up on the season. That would be a bad move by Kubiak if that's indeed the hidden engenda...

davidonmi

Reaction score
hawker84":1k4essqp said:
Schaub is the best QB the Texans have, which well.... sucks to be a texans fan. benching him is basically giving up on the season. That would be a bad move by Kubiak if that's indeed the hidden engenda...
I would give Keemun a shot, but my belief is they're giving him 2 weeks to clear his head

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Maybe the guy just needs a break from the microscope. A chance to work on his fundamentals and rhythm. He has been excellent before and nothing really has changed but his head IMO.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I was hoping the Texans could compete with Denver this year. Out of the AFC teams I like the Texans the most. JJ Watt is a beast. Kubiak will be gone by years end...finally!