First QB to be benched in 2023

James in PA

Reaction score
Like it or not, Geno is safe. Once Pete falls in love with a guy, it takes him forever to see the light when the rest of the world can clearly see they suck. See KNJ. See Hurtt. See Cable.

rcaido

Reaction score
Whoever the QB for the Cardinals will likely be benched. Then the Commanders Howell. Probably next will be Wilson for the Jets. Then Tannenhill.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
V rebel didnt Commit solidly to Ryan in his last press conference. I think he’s the first for a benching to try out Willis and Levi’s.
Exactly.

Tannehill had a horrible outing last week, 16-34 with 0 TD's and 3 INT's, and as you said, they have two high draft picks waiting in the wings. He might not even make it through their next game.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Exactly.

Tannehill had a horrible outing last week, 16-34 with 0 TD's and 3 INT's, and as you said, they have two high draft picks waiting in the wings. He might not even make it through their next game.

Or, hey, they make a call to the Jets. Your sixth rounder for our fifth, you take on his contract.

Scout

Reaction score
Mayfield has leeway because the Bucs will not go to Trask until they are out of playoff contention. And Richardson actually gives the Colts the best chance of competing in a very ordinary AFCS. Stroud is going to be allowed to play the season out so he gains experience.

So more likely that Tannehill has the shorter leash.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I'm not sure about how everyone else feels, but I feel like Watson is way too low on this list. He hasn't exactly lit it up at all yet and DTR has looked pretty damn good.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm not sure about how everyone else feels, but I feel like Watson is way too low on this list. He hasn't exactly lit it up at all yet and DTR has looked pretty damn good.
There are a couple of QB's, like Stafford, for example, that should be below Watson. But who are the Browns going to turn to if Watson isn't cutting it? Dorian Thompson-Robinson, a 5th round rookie, is their current backup. I don't see that happening until they're eliminated from the playoffs. They have so much invested in Watson that they have to give him every possible chance.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
There are a couple of QB's, like Stafford, for example, that should be below Watson. But who are the Browns going to turn to if Watson isn't cutting it? Dorian Thompson-Robinson, a 5th round rookie, is their current backup. I don't see that happening until they're eliminated from the playoffs. They have so much invested in Watson that they have to give him every possible chance.
I know, and I can understand why they wouldn't just give up on Watson so soon but I also know another team that had just invested in a starting QB and started a 3rd round rookie drafted that same year. Apples to Oranges considering a nice chunk of draft capital was spent on Watson before paying him, but it still wouldn't surprise me because Browns are going to do Browns things.